Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Well Done Antrim good win
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

BrendanAntrim

Come on fellas...today's achievement is worthy of more than a cursory few lines! Well done everyone. Dug very deep today when under big pressure at the 3/4 mark. The conditions didn't allow for precision hurling but overall we were the better hurling side. When it came down to fight and spirit we weren't lacking either, great to to see.

bannside

Congrats to all involved and hopefully they can build on this and get back to the higher level of hurling we are used to.

Brendan right. If we had been beaten today there would be people queuing up to pass comment. Credit where it's due please.

hurlingstick

Laois stay in 1B at Kerry's expense.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bannside on April 01, 2017, 09:46:28 PM
Congrats to all involved and hopefully they can build on this and get back to the higher level of hurling we are used to.

Brendan right. If we had been beaten today there would be people queuing up to pass comment. Credit where it's due please.
Last century?

hurlingstick

Quote from: bannside on April 01, 2017, 09:46:28 PM

Think you're on the wrong thread

Seamroga in exile

Well done fellas. Great result. Onwards and upwards.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

MoChara

Great result and we were well worth our win, congratulations to the boys, the referee was something else though.

btdtgtt

Away with work at the moment how did the game go - not much media reports other than scores!
I agree credit deserved for the win and securing promotion - it's a box ticked and a much more attractive fixture list next year. A job well done when could have easily let it go.

Na Glinntí Glasa

agreed, its been a tough slog for the panel and they have had more downs than ups but fair play to them all. They dug in and got the result we all wanted and back up to 1b. well done to everyone involved.
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Well done to all involved on the promotion.

I think we should be looking at Wexford over the next year or so and show what progress can be made when a group fully commits to a philosophy.

Antrim were on a par with Wexford in recent years, slightly behind to be fair but there or there abouts. So I think great encouragement can be taken from this type of situation as a template.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Davey fitz would of went in there on the promise of the facilities, support and money necessary in order to do the job the same as he did with Clare & Waterford. From working with him he demands 100% all the time and his training sessions are brilliant, pure intensity all the time. His back room team work non stop finding that small extra percentage in each individual to try and improve them as a team.

would be nice to see it happen but the current management are doing a top job with what we have.
hurl like f**k boi!

BrendanAntrim

Great report in the Irish News, btdtgtt - very detailed.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: NAG1 on April 03, 2017, 12:19:10 PM

I think we should be looking at Wexford over the next year or so and show what progress can be made when a group fully commits to a philosophy.

Antrim were on a par with Wexford in recent years, slightly behind to be fair but there or there abouts. So I think great encouragement can be taken from this type of situation as a template.

Was thinking the same thing myself Nag
We beat them ( wexford ) at u21 fair and square
Lee Chin, Connor Mc Donald and guiney where all on the pitch that day and they where prolific In the beating of Kilkenny yesterday
If we applied ourselves we could be doing better
I just wish Ryan mc ambridge, Saul , Connolly  would commit
Young murphy and Rooney are two big finds this year
Plenty of young players coming through as well, Coby and Molloy, eamon smith from my club
Smith already has the physical attributes
Imm Sure there is players from Belfast to and the rest of N Antrim

Our county current team are very honest and have been  knocking their pans in since last year and I hope they can get a christy ring
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Gizzy15

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 03, 2017, 07:52:00 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on April 03, 2017, 12:19:10 PM

+1

Was thinking the same thing myself Nag
We beat them ( wexford ) at u21 fair and square
Lee Chin, Connor Mc Donald and guiney where all on the pitch that day and they where prolific In the beating of Kilkenny yesterday
If we applied ourselves we could be doing better
I just wish Ryan mc ambridge, Saul , Connolly  would commit
Young murphy and Rooney are two big finds this year
Plenty of young players coming through as well, Coby and Molloy, eamon smith from my club
Smith already has the physical attributes
Imm Sure there is players from Belfast to and the rest of N Antrim

Our county current team are very honest and have been  knocking their pans in since last year and I hope they can get a christy ring