Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sham Man

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 16, 2015, 10:52:56 AM
Quote from: hurlingstick on March 16, 2015, 10:46:17 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 16, 2015, 10:17:43 AM
Did I not say away and learn the facts.  A certain player was asked to his face back onto the panel last year by KR after meeting him at a cross and passion collage semi final "Id love to have you back for reminder of league and the ulster championship"  the player said he would go back and only ever wanted to hurl for his county, but with being training for all ireland with Loughgiel as past few years he couldn't commit fully to both. Now they were out. He was ready to go.  The player and KR agreed to see each other at the next training.  The player went on his way. Landed home that night to be told KR was on the phone. And to call him.  Sure enough. He called him.  "After speaking with my captain and vice captain (who was a Loughgiel man) We've decided it's best if you don't join having not been there from the start.   Now will you tell me.  How it went from KR being more than happy to have him back and was looking forward to training.  To it being a bad idea?  Id say his own club mate Prob didn't want him there.  Right???? :o ???

Was that it?  Was that the big fact you were asking us to learn?  SG that's embarrassing. Any player who is good enough and wants to be there enough will be there.
so what was he to do. Turn up at training after being told not to?  Away and wise your fecking head.  I've a few more if you'd like them.
Hi SG and DR.

This debate is serving no one, let it rest. Exactly the sort of thing that impacts on continued division and resentment. Nobody is going to win this battle, the sad reality is, we have serious division and an unwillingness to engage in a cohesive and collaborative approach to out hurling ills!  :-X
Shamrocks are winners!

johnneycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 16, 2015, 10:51:26 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 16, 2015, 10:44:35 AM
Why would anyone other than Eddie, KR the vice captain and captain no?   Facts are facts.

eh so 4 people associated with the panel and the whole of Loughgiel village all know about it then!

You also say the vice captain is a lgiel man. How in gods name could they stand over that happening and not walk off the panel?

Depends if KR spoke to the captain and vice captain together or at separate times.

Certainly its unhealthy in a squad of players to think that certain players have the ear of the manager and can only bring unrest, I'm sure KR would be a bit wiser than that!

Sleeping giant

It's loughgiels fault.  Sorry for winning championships and trying to do well
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

hurlingstick

Quote from: Sham Man on March 16, 2015, 10:59:10 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 16, 2015, 10:52:56 AM
Quote from: hurlingstick on March 16, 2015, 10:46:17 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 16, 2015, 10:17:43 AM
Did I not say away and learn the facts.  A certain player was asked to his face back onto the panel last year by KR after meeting him at a cross and passion collage semi final "Id love to have you back for reminder of league and the ulster championship"  the player said he would go back and only ever wanted to hurl for his county, but with being training for all ireland with Loughgiel as past few years he couldn't commit fully to both. Now they were out. He was ready to go.  The player and KR agreed to see each other at the next training.  The player went on his way. Landed home that night to be told KR was on the phone. And to call him.  Sure enough. He called him.  "After speaking with my captain and vice captain (who was a Loughgiel man) We've decided it's best if you don't join having not been there from the start.   Now will you tell me.  How it went from KR being more than happy to have him back and was looking forward to training.  To it being a bad idea?  Id say his own club mate Prob didn't want him there.  Right???? :o ???

Was that it?  Was that the big fact you were asking us to learn?  SG that's embarrassing. Any player who is good enough and wants to be there enough will be there.
so what was he to do. Turn up at training after being told not to?  Away and wise your fecking head.  I've a few more if you'd like them.
Hi SG and DR.

This debate is serving no one, let it rest. Exactly the sort of thing that impacts on continued division and resentment. Nobody is going to win this battle, the sad reality is, we have serious division and an unwillingness to engage in a cohesive and collaborative approach to out hurling ills!  :-X

Good for you Sham Man. Bringing a bit of sense to proceedings. I can't believe people are engaging SG on this one. Anyone who really wants to commit to county and has the ability will be there.

Sham Man

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 16, 2015, 11:02:20 AM
It's loughgiels fault.  Sorry for winning championships and trying to do well
Yeah correct, its Loughgiels fault for winning!

While some can embrace and applaud the Shams AI achievement, regrettably there are others who cannot, that's fact!

Of course it has caused embitterment, a very Irish trait and characteristic when someone wins something or does well.   Some just find it too difficult to stomach.  All part of our inherent problem of division and resentment which continues to haunt us all.  Until we address this issue, especially in N. Antrim, we are going nowhere! :( ::) :'( The KR's of this world and others like him have no magic wand which will make this innate issue go away!  ;) :(

Parochial fragmentation is alive within us all and our clubs, therein lies the core problem!  ::) end of.
Shamrocks are winners!

Milltown Row2

I've never read so much shite on this board since bogash and his other twats were on, seriously?? Was the scoreline that much different to what was expected? Possibly 8 points more but that's the difference between the big teams and the cannon fodder.

Get over yourselves and stop the siege mentality, not a ball struck in anger in the league yet ffs and all hell broke loose here..

Cushendall to improve on last year and win the championship. Loughgiel rebuilding Dunloy staying the same and Ballycastle likewise.... As for the lower whack... Johnnies be the strongest followed by Rossa. We'll drop due to changes in team, retirements and age unfortunately. Ports may improve from last year but I doubt it, they finally got their last shot at glory, probably few retirements there also
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

I have nothing more than a healthy rivalry towards the other antrim clubs. Im not jealous of one single club in the county for what they have achieved or what facilities they have. I never begrudged any club winning or improving their facilties. Why should i.

anyway i find that whole story daft every time i hear it. Hey, if its true then its poor as hell but i cant for the life of me accept a fellow club man would stand there and agree with that decision and back it up.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2015, 11:24:23 AM
I've never read so much shite on this board since bogash and his other t**ts were on, seriously?? Was the scoreline that much different to what was expected? Possibly 8 points more but that's the difference between the big teams and the cannon fodder.

Get over yourselves and stop the siege mentality, not a ball struck in anger in the league yet ffs and all hell broke loose here..

Cushendall to improve on last year and win the championship. Loughgiel rebuilding Dunloy staying the same and Ballycastle likewise.... As for the lower whack... Johnnies be the strongest followed by Rossa. We'll drop due to changes in team, retirements and age unfortunately. Ports may improve from last year but I doubt it, they finally got their last shot at glory, probably few retirements there also

Have yous got a manager in place for the season yet? i think you will retain your place this year, fancy Cloney to go down
hurl like f**k boi!

Sham Man

I've never read so much shite on this board since bogash and his other t**ts were on, seriously?? Was the scoreline that much different to what was expected? Possibly 8 points more but that's the difference between the big teams and the cannon fodder.

FFs, Waldorf, we know its your thread but others have opinions which need aired! The sooner you realise you are not an authority on everything the better for everyone.  ;)  You should focus on your own club problems firstly before dipping yer oar in, are you running for the managers job again??  ;) ::)  Or have you been outed once more, eh???
Shamrocks are winners!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 16, 2015, 11:28:01 AM

Have yous got a manager in place for the season yet? i think you will retain your place this year, fancy Cloney to go down

We've new manager in place, a clubman from way back, has been out of the scene a bit but hopefully we can now string together some training sessions and get ready for League
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sham Man on March 16, 2015, 11:36:22 AM

FFs, Waldorf, we know its your thread but others have opinions which need aired! The sooner you realise you are not an authority on everything the better for everyone.  ;)  You should focus on your own club problems firstly before dipping yer oar in, are you running for the managers job again??  ;) ::)  Or have you been outed once more, eh???

Outted? For starters you've been well outted on here, I'd say most of the posters know your name by now, as for my club, manager in place. I've served my time for the club, have you?

Sham Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2015, 11:37:04 AM

We've new manager in place, a clubman from way back, has been out of the scene a bit but hopefully we can now string together some training sessions and get ready for League
A real St. Galls hurling man by all accounts - (A. McG) - but you would have to question is he up to speed on modern skills, tactics, drills, game plans and current day man management etc. ??  But I am sure the learned one (Waldorf) would always help him out and keep him right??  :-[ ??
Shamrocks are winners!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sham Man on March 16, 2015, 11:47:42 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2015, 11:37:04 AM

A real St. Galls hurling man by all accounts - (A. McG) - but you would have to question is he up to speed on modern skills, tactics, drills, game plans and current day man management etc. ??  But I am sure the learned one (Waldorf) would always help him out and keep him right??  :-[ ??

Not for me to question or advise, he's his own man so he'll make his own decisions, that's how managers work, but you'd know that, obviously you've taken teams within your club?😆

Sleeping giant

Listen anyone who knows me or anyone who reads posts on here knows I want to see my county do well and I get extremely annoyed about the state were in at present.  Someone posted about there being the best talent to have came through as past few years on the county panel.  This is true with the exception of maybe 4 or 5 players.  There's nothing I want more than the county to be competitive.  Why would I make such things up?  HS I never once said that the club mate and vice captain agreed with it. They were both called and asked.  The vice captain had no problem obviously. And then the player in question was called after being told he was wanted back. And told he wasn't wanted back.  Now I no, deep down where it came from. As does eddie. As does anyone who wants to be honest.  Am over it. But this, and a few other things that all add up is a big factor in the reason the county is in the state it's in.  In my opinion. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

bannside

Sham Man what's your county line up. I have a massive respect for the Shamrocks as a club and no axe to grind here with anyone. You make some good points but you come across as a Shamrocks ultra. If you put on your subjective Antrim hat for a minute, what would be your ideal matchday panel of 24. Because that's exactly what KR needs to do.

I can't wait to see who dosent make it.