Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WTF u on about?

You'd think there might be a young ambitious coach somewhere who would take it on for free. As an opportunity to coach at a higher level maybe. Perhaps this is why they advertised. It wasnt in the ad that it was a paid position! Itd be a good position for somebody whether they're paid or not.

johnneycool

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on February 17, 2015, 08:18:07 PM
Yes , because Antrim have never paid anyone to manage their teams. Wrong people to be taking the moral high ground. Maybe St Galls thought their would be a good egg out in the world who might donate their services free of charge. In the spirit of GAA.

Was there not an Ex Tyrone county player who did the bar in Casement (back in the days of harmony) and managed the Antrim footballers for free?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Last Man on February 17, 2015, 05:17:59 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 17, 2015, 04:21:23 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on February 17, 2015, 03:07:43 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 17, 2015, 01:53:32 PM
its their dry response that annoys me. they really don't take any criticism of the county well at all.

i was disappointed in the response given regarding not allowing 'advertising' for management positions on the site. Do they really think that the club in question hasn't looked elsewhere, surely the ANTRIM guestbook is a place where people might see that that club is looking for a manager, found the response in poor taste. I'm assuming the post was regarding the St Galls senior manager, as far as i know they as a club have been working hard to get the position filled, it would be nice if the county could give them a hand by letting the word out there.

yeah it was that post that i noticed and their response. they could of chose not to post it but they, as per usual, had to make a point and post that reply.

is it any wonder people get annoyed at the way they run things when they respond like that

Setting aside him trying not to be popular or what you might perceive to be the tone of it, what is wrong with what he said?

its their constant sarky responses to the posts. its not constructive the way they reply to people.

our Board deserves all the criticisms that they get for the way they have handled themselves over the past while and for them to give off about a club searching for a manager is a bit rich. they search for a manager like one of them soccer teams!

XXXX Senior hurling team is currently looking for a Manager. If you are interested please contact the Secretary secretary.xxxxantrim@gaa.ie

Not a forum for advertising. Surely clubs have the means to notify their members internally. Certainly not a forum for seeking the services of paid coaches.

im pretty sure our county pays people to do a job for them. does the strength and conditioning coach do that for free? not a chance.

hurl like f**k boi!

themac_23

Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 18, 2015, 08:39:16 AM
Quote from: Last Man on February 17, 2015, 05:17:59 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 17, 2015, 04:21:23 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on February 17, 2015, 03:07:43 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 17, 2015, 01:53:32 PM
its their dry response that annoys me. they really don't take any criticism of the county well at all.

i was disappointed in the response given regarding not allowing 'advertising' for management positions on the site. Do they really think that the club in question hasn't looked elsewhere, surely the ANTRIM guestbook is a place where people might see that that club is looking for a manager, found the response in poor taste. I'm assuming the post was regarding the St Galls senior manager, as far as i know they as a club have been working hard to get the position filled, it would be nice if the county could give them a hand by letting the word out there.

yeah it was that post that i noticed and their response. they could of chose not to post it but they, as per usual, had to make a point and post that reply.

is it any wonder people get annoyed at the way they run things when they respond like that

Setting aside him trying not to be popular or what you might perceive to be the tone of it, what is wrong with what he said?

its their constant sarky responses to the posts. its not constructive the way they reply to people.

our Board deserves all the criticisms that they get for the way they have handled themselves over the past while and for them to give off about a club searching for a manager is a bit rich. they search for a manager like one of them soccer teams!

XXXX Senior hurling team is currently looking for a Manager. If you are interested please contact the Secretary secretary.xxxxantrim@gaa.ie

Not a forum for advertising. Surely clubs have the means to notify their members internally. Certainly not a forum for seeking the services of paid coaches.

im pretty sure our county pays people to do a job for them. does the strength and conditioning coach do that for free? not a chance.

Exactly, and by the looks of the message and where the 'x's have been inserted i doubt there was any mention of pay, the more i think about it i've never seen a club job advertised offering payment, clubs who do pay managers don't openly advertise it for obvious reasons its usually discussed well down the line. Moderators response made the club to look bad in my opinion and it wasn't necessary to do so IMO

All seeing I

At which point did St Galls  (lets be honest) even mention that it was a paid coach? Nothing in the post even suggests it was to be paid.

imtommygunn

By the moderator being such a tool in the past no matter what he says he won't win though his / their own fault...

Last Man

Quote from: frostbit on February 18, 2015, 10:35:48 AM
Two weeks ago the admin on the guestbook said that all the fixtures would be released today. I asked the club secretary but he has got nothing.  I was chatting to a fella from County Down last week who was able to say that they have had their fixtures for 3 weeks now.

I understand we are a dual county and it may take a tiny bit longer but this is getting beyond a joke. I can't imagine it being that hard in reality. Football and Hurling league dates, Championship dates (easy peasy because let's face it, Antrim ain't winning any All Irelands), home and away fixtures for those dates and Voila!

As far as I know many of the people who are tasked with fixture scheduling and planning hold positions on a no. of committees that they would gladly give up if people could be found to replace them. I have been at the meetings where the pleas have been made yet no hands were raised. Again too few having to do too much. Constantly slating the administrators is never going to attract new blood ffs. I am not in a position to volunteer and as such i am not prepared to moan about these delays either.

johnneycool

Two weeks ago the admin on the guestbook said that all the fixtures would be released today. I asked the club secretary but he has got nothing.  I was chatting to a fella from County Down last week who was able to say that they have had their fixtures for 3 weeks now.

I understand we are a dual county and it may take a tiny bit longer but this is getting beyond a joke. I can't imagine it being that hard in reality. Football and Hurling league dates, Championship dates (easy peasy because let's face it, Antrim ain't winning any All Irelands), home and away fixtures for those dates and Voila!

We've a master calendar with days and times set aside for certain competitions, yeah and we're a dual county as well.

Last Man

Quote from: frostbit on February 18, 2015, 10:55:06 AM
Well I do volunteer almost Full time with the club so I am in a position to moan.
Aye me as well, but what has that got to do with drawing up fixtures for all clubs?

Na Glinntí Glasa

the seasons start the first week of april for both codes more or less. thats a months time.

hurl like f**k boi!

All seeing I

Quote from: Last Man on February 18, 2015, 10:46:59 AM

As far as I know many of the people who are tasked with fixture scheduling and planning hold positions on a no. of committees that they would gladly give up if people could be found to replace them. I have been at the meetings where the pleas have been made yet no hands were raised. Again too few having to do too much. Constantly slating the administrators is never going to attract new blood ffs. I am not in a position to volunteer and as such i am not prepared to moan about these delays either.
Well said.
It's easy to moan about referees/county boards/managers/selectors/referees etc. But unless you are part of that particular set up, then you probably don't know all the facts. Do you honestly think any of them set out to be inefficient or ineffective? Frostbit could genuinely moan about the hinderance he is experiencing because of a lack of info from county board - its bound to be frustrating. What he can't moan about is the officials. There'll be a genuine reason for the delay in issuing fixtures.
However, if moaners believe it's the individuals holding office in county board or management teams or whatever who are at fault, then do something about finding a replacement.
Simples

theskull1

frostbit ...if you yourself are almost full time as a volunteer, surely the penny's dropped by now that its not the other volunteers who are the problem. Its all those who chose not to do their bit who put everyone else under pressure and thats when things don't get done as well or as quick as they should be.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

getevennotcross

Well I do volunteer almost Full time with the club so I am in a position to moan.
Full time? if your moaning, your heart is not in it, not giving it 100%.  If your moaning it is most likely the dissipation of negative energy.  Time to get out or move on possibly?

Sleeping giant

1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

All seeing I

Quote from: frostbit on February 18, 2015, 05:15:08 PM
Quote from: getevennotcross on February 18, 2015, 04:37:14 PM
Full time? if your moaning, your heart is not in it, not giving it 100%.  If your moaning it is most likely the dissipation of negative energy.  Time to get out or move on possibly?

How do you remember all of your different usernames and passwords?

Lol - great comeback. Well played sir.  ;D