Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cfclg

Congratulations to Rossa on their All Ireland.

I hope that they, St Johns and St Galls can make a real impact on the senior cship this year and cause some ripples amongst the big teams. We need our senior hurling cship and div1 league to be as hotly contested as intermediate cship and div 2 have been in recent years for the greater good of hurling in this county.

All seeing I

I - podge collins being the perfect example and they've brought another 2 in this yr of the same stature and they are some gravy!!
cfclg - agree with your sentiments but I think you can rule St Galls out of that for now. It appears they're in a bit of trouble. One or two experienced men have retired. But more importantly - they can't attract a manager.  ::)

Na Glinntí Glasa

theres alot of good hurling men at St Galls who would be capable of doing the job this season. difference is that they need to want to do it!

wanting to do the job and being there means a lot more than someone whos there just to fill a post up. the heart wont be in it in that case.

hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

who is the idiot who replies to the posts on the county web site guestbook?

christ but they have a real chip on their shoulder towards the world in general!!
hurl like f**k boi!

All seeing I

There's two of them as far as I know. I'd say there's a fair few posts don't even get through!!

hurlingstick

He's a bit dry alright. I'd say it's Joe. In this forum we listen to some numpties thinking they're experts in everything hurling related. Can you imagine how difficult it must be dealing with lots of these 'experts' in person? It would make most good men a little cynical.

Na Glinntí Glasa

its their dry response that annoys me. they really don't take any criticism of the county well at all.
hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

I know. A wee bit of humility goes a long way.

All seeing I

Spot on boys - i'm sure they have to listen to some dicks on a daily basis but there's probably a less sarcy way of responding

themac_23

Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 17, 2015, 01:53:32 PM
its their dry response that annoys me. they really don't take any criticism of the county well at all.

i was disappointed in the response given regarding not allowing 'advertising' for management positions on the site. Do they really think that the club in question hasn't looked elsewhere, surely the ANTRIM guestbook is a place where people might see that that club is looking for a manager, found the response in poor taste. I'm assuming the post was regarding the St Galls senior manager, as far as i know they as a club have been working hard to get the position filled, it would be nice if the county could give them a hand by letting the word out there.

Last Man

All the same I for one think he is right this time, St.Galls record of paying managers down the years albeit mainly football does not encourage volunteerism in the club. In fact I believe in some clubs, players hold the view that a clubman managing the team would be somewhat second rate. Tough times ahead.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: themac_23 on February 17, 2015, 03:07:43 PM

i was disappointed in the response given regarding not allowing 'advertising' for management positions on the site. Do they really think that the club in question hasn't looked elsewhere, surely the ANTRIM guestbook is a place where people might see that that club is looking for a manager, found the response in poor taste. I'm assuming the post was regarding the St Galls senior manager, as far as i know they as a club have been working hard to get the position filled, it would be nice if the county could give them a hand by letting the word out there.

yeah it was that post that i noticed and their response. they could of chose not to post it but they, as per usual, had to make a point and post that reply.

is it any wonder people get annoyed at the way they run things when they respond like that
hurl like f**k boi!

Last Man

Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 17, 2015, 04:21:23 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on February 17, 2015, 03:07:43 PM

yeah it was that post that i noticed and their response. they could of chose not to post it but they, as per usual, had to make a point and post that reply.

is it any wonder people get annoyed at the way they run things when they respond like that

Setting aside him trying not to be popular or what you might perceive to be the tone of it, what is wrong with what he said?

maxpower

I'm with the moderator on this one, advertising outside the club has obvious implications and I don't think the guestbook was the right forum.  Indeed I think the guestbook took the right response in taking the opportunity to reassert our opposition to paid management. 

Good luck to the club in question, I hope whoever it is gets a good clubman to take them.
What happens next????

Jeepers Creepers

Yes , because Antrim have never paid anyone to manage their teams. Wrong people to be taking the moral high ground. Maybe St Galls thought their would be a good egg out in the world who might donate their services free of charge. In the spirit of GAA.