Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

i dont think we have a right to be beating these teams either tbh. I just think on current form of the pair we are in a better place going into this game than they will be.

Had it been away from home i would of put it at 50/50 but being at home we have a much better chance of winning it. Last time we met in the championship we went to laois and won so we should be winning this game if we are serious about pushing on.
hurl like f**k boi!

playwiththewind1st

Just heard of death of Sean McNally, a St. Malachy's man & ex Chairman of the South Antrim Board, during the 1970s. Funeral St. Mary's Greencastle [Newtownabbey] on Saturday @ 10.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 26, 2015, 02:44:05 PM
i dont think we have a right to be beating these teams either tbh. I just think on current form of the pair we are in a better place going into this game than they will be.

Had it been away from home i would of put it at 50/50 but being at home we have a much better chance of winning it. Last time we met in the championship we went to laois and won so we should be winning this game if we are serious about pushing on.

Objectively speaking current form is played two lost two though...

If we are serious about pushing on we need to win these two yes. Beating a fastly improving laois in laois was our best result under ryan i think.

hurlingstick

Ofally in the playoffs for me was the bigger game

Sleeping giant

That's that playoff game that ended up meaning nothing.  if things had been done right. Offaly would be down and Kerry would be coming up to Ballycastle in a few weeks time. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

hurlingstick

That's right - doesn't seem fair

Na Glinntí Glasa

same with us against carlow that time. we should of been down.
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

Well so be it.  If we have to go down. But I thought that was some joke. Watched Kerry all year last year and as much as I believe we should be where we are. They'd give antrim all they want. Won all in front of them last year. Deserved a chance to play 1B to test themselves at the next level.  It's pretty much ourselves offaly and Laois that can get beat all year. Get beat in relegation playoff and still stay up by defeating the team who deserves promoted. Not overly fair.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Na Glinntí Glasa

i agree SG. The system is there to protect the teams from going down. Yet another one of the gaas great ways of promoting hurling at the lower levels - keep them down there!
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 27, 2015, 04:46:38 PM
i agree SG. The system is there to protect the teams from going down. Yet another one of the gaas great ways of promoting hurling at the lower levels - keep them down there!

Yes indeed tinkering with leagues to suit the bigger teams - sounds familiar 😜

Sham Man

Sure 1B keeps us under the radar until we keep improving and get our house in order.  ;) No point in showing the big boys what wee have in store going forward. :D

Totally agree about Kerry, they would more than hold their own in 1B, question is, who takes the drop????   We are one of three possible candidates. :(
Shamrocks are winners!

btdtgtt

I hear hurling leagues start on Easter Sunday.
Thoughts?
Any idea on how teams are at this stage are most doing physical work or challenge games?

Milltown Row2

Have they all got managers yet :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 01, 2015, 09:45:42 AM
Have they all got managers yet :o

Still no resolution MR2?
No shortage of possible names I suspect they are wary of the only way being down after last year?
Big ball for once a good thing to keep the fitness and competitiveness until a bainisteor is found.

Seamroga in exile

Nice wee win the day to get the year up and running.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"