Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Congrats to rossa. Well done boys.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Congratulations rossa.  Great win in the end.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north_antrim_hound

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Well done Rossa, that's Antrim winning all levels now....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Well done to Rossa. I have been very critical of the club on this forum in the past and their "social" hurling ethos. Hands up and eating my words now. Whilst the big tests lie ahead I really enjoyed the win today and more so they spoke of senior ambitions. Hope HS you can take this forward. My nephew was on a Rossa bus and on the way home 2 people were turned away with alcohol as juveniles present. Credit due to those concerned.

What's the feeling on wexford park? I thought we would have lost heavily.

orangeman

Serious effort by Antrim today who must feel that they are heading in the right direction.

Well done Rossa.

Na Glinntí Glasa

congrats to Rossa. well done to all involved

big year ahead for them now as they move back up to the top level again. it will be interesting to see how they cope with move up and how they develop.

hurl like f**k boi!

All seeing I

Hurlingstick knows his stuff
Nigel Elliott - Cruciate Ligament; Sean Burke - In Australia; Benny - In America; Saul - unable to committ but part of the u21 set up.
Then our 6 forwards + plus the 4 brought in rack up 2-20 in Wexford Park.
Keep an eye on the league - see how many teams rack up 2-20 in Wexford Park. I'll guess none.

Fair play to Kevin Ryan and his team.

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah Nigel did his cruciate that day against cdall in the semi final. he got the op done and is now going through his recovery training.

he wont be near the county set up this season

have to agree. 2-20 is impressive scoring away from home but as per usual we don't see a game out and lose it. we have got rectify that if we are ever to make any progress!
hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

All seeing/Dr... What about Nicky Mckeague? I've been watching him closely for 3 years now. He's very small but also very talented. Do you think he could cut it?

Na Glinntí Glasa

nickys stick work is great and his free taking is also very good. but his size sort of is a weak point. he can get pushed off a ball by a stronger/taller player.

loads of guts and not one ounce of fear in him on the pitch and a good forward but prob not physically strong enough for the county
hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

Sounds about right. It's a shame because he has bags of talent. Still, any defender without pace would get things tough against him. I remember his free taking display against Cushendall (I think) at Glenariffe a couple of seasons ago in the Feis cup. He was deadly.

All seeing I

you could be onto something there - i wouldn't really see size as too big a hinderance. You're right about the talent. The county hurlers are in some nick physically through sheer hardwork. And the Clare team that won the all ireland a couple of years ago weren't exactly blessed with big physical men, but they were like lightening and skillful. They worked on their strength and conditioning. Speed and skill are the key now. Players strength can be developed as you can see with our own players. I do think if the player has the skill you think he has, the physicallity can be worked on. Look at Daniel McKernan. Holding his own at CHF too.

hurlingstick

Podge Collins was outstanding that year and look at all the size of him. I remember standing on the pitch at Thurles at the quarter finals that year and that Clare team were extremely lean. I was shocked!!

Sham Man

Could not make either match yesterday due to emergency at work.  Good shift by the county team and the Rossa boys.  Good to see the Rossa lads get a major title despite it being Intermediate level, well done all the same.  Just hope this sets them up to moving back up to the senior grade and pushing on.  :D ;)
Shamrocks are winners!