Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 14, 2021, 09:16:52 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 13, 2021, 11:23:00 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 13, 2021, 10:07:48 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 13, 2021, 09:40:56 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on December 13, 2021, 08:25:52 PM
The amount of Irish folk reading, listening to siding with the right wing these days is very surprising. They really are making hay (someone on here predicted as much at the start of the pandemic)
Can't blame them with all the other gobshites supporting lockdowns

I don't know of anyone who supports lockdowns, I'm for taking the vaccine and moving on, but if this new mutation causes more deaths, then some restrictions need to be looked at, more community testing followed by isolating if infected
The headcases dont want restrictions or the vaccines when it's clear that we need one or the other. My preference would be that people vax up and we don't need to go in and out of restrictions as they leave terrible uncertainty for business owners and employees, especially around hospitality and retail. I had to use my Covid app last Saturday when out for lunch and not once did I feel like I was being asked for my papers in Nazi Germany.
Felt that way to me tbh. Disgusting.

you must hate showing a passport at airports or ID at nightclubs/bars and getting asked for a ticket going into a match or concert...

trueblue1234

Quote from: lenny on December 14, 2021, 09:24:54 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 14, 2021, 09:14:56 AM
Vaccine, new variant, booster, new variant, another booster, another variant, booster, variant....

The conspiracy theorists are looking a lot less whacky as this thing progresses.

Not if you have any kind of understanding of science. Viruses evolve, all scientists were consistently saying from the start that the evolution of the virus was unpredictable. The conspiracy theorists look more and more stupid every day. For example, at the start, many of the conspiracy theorists said it was all media hype and would blow over in a couple of months. They're like the Qanon lunatics, the goalposts move every time one of their predictions is proved wrong.

It's just crazy. Just because science tries to tackle any changes in the pandemic the conspiracy spooks  are trying to claim this as a fault. These changes are outside anyones control. And all the while, once science does show to help things they rally against it anyway.  It's just bizarre.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

thebigfella

Vaccine, new variant, booster, new variant, another booster, another variant, booster, variant....

The conspiracy theorists are looking a lot less whacky as this thing progresses.

Effectively that's how the flu vaccine works  ::)

And before we head we don't have blah blah blah for the flu......... we haven't had a pandemic in approx. 100 years

imtommygunn

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 14, 2021, 09:42:09 AM
Quote from: lenny on December 14, 2021, 09:24:54 AM

Not if you have any kind of understanding of science. Viruses evolve, all scientists were consistently saying from the start that the evolution of the virus was unpredictable. The conspiracy theorists look more and more stupid every day. For example, at the start, many of the conspiracy theorists said it was all media hype and would blow over in a couple of months. They're like the Qanon lunatics, the goalposts move every time one of their predictions is proved wrong.

It's just crazy. Just because science tries to tackle any changes in the pandemic the conspiracy spooks  are trying to claim this as a fault. These changes are outside anyones control. And all the while, once science does show to help things they rally against it anyway.  It's just bizarre.

It's bonkers.

Armagh18

Quote from: thebigfella on December 14, 2021, 09:55:14 AM

And before we head we don't have blah blah blah for the flu......... we haven't had a pandemic in approx. 100 years
Hopefully this shite ends up like the flu where the vulnerable can get their jab every year.

But when was the last time you saw someone turned away from the pub over it

thebigfella

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 14, 2021, 10:07:38 AM
Quote from: thebigfella on December 14, 2021, 09:55:14 AM

Hopefully this shite ends up like the flu where the vulnerable can get their jab every year.

But when was the last time you saw someone turned away from the pub over it

When was the last time we had a pandemic?

J70

The amount of Irish folk reading, listening to siding with the right wing these days is very surprising. They really are making hay (someone on here predicted as much at the start of the pandemic)

I don't know of anyone who supports lockdowns, I'm for taking the vaccine and moving on, but if this new mutation causes more deaths, then some restrictions need to be looked at, more community testing followed by isolating if infected
The headcases dont want restrictions or the vaccines when it's clear that we need one or the other. My preference would be that people vax up and we don't need to go in and out of restrictions as they leave terrible uncertainty for business owners and employees, especially around hospitality and retail. I had to use my Covid app last Saturday when out for lunch and not once did I feel like I was being asked for my papers in Nazi Germany.

You must have little to worry about.

Armagh18

Quote from: J70 on December 14, 2021, 10:29:47 AM

We'll see what next discriminatory measure is next.

J70

Quote from: Sportacus on December 13, 2021, 08:26:39 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 13, 2021, 07:45:41 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on December 13, 2021, 07:30:06 PM
Last weekend - Got my booster, no big deal.  Used my covid passport in a restaurant, no big deal. Wore my mask in the supermarket, no big deal.  Very happy to play a small part in taking the weight off the nurses and doctors on the frontline.  Truly can't understand why some people can't make the effort.

You're being oppressed and you don't realize it.

Apparently...

Think there's something in there about sheep as well.
I don't feel in the least oppressed.  Making all my own decisions based on as much evidence as I can source (excluding the eejits), so no sheep angle either.

I guess I need to word things better for the sarcasm to get through. ;)

J70

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 14, 2021, 10:31:29 AM

I hear Clockwork Orange-style re-education is on the way.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 14, 2021, 10:31:29 AM

you must have been apoplectic when they introduced the smoking ban, never mind what they are doing in NZ now...

Rossfan

Next thing "they" will insist on people wearing clothes to get into places...... not to mention having to do our business in toilets.
Our freedoms to do whatever the fk we like are being eroded by "them".
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

OgraAnDun

Catch yourself on.

JoG2

Quote from: OgraAnDun on December 14, 2021, 11:10:17 AM

Then you're a clown.

One man's clown is another man's deep thinker. 

NAG1

Quote from: JoG2 on December 14, 2021, 11:14:25 AM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on December 14, 2021, 11:10:17 AM

Then you're a clown.

One man's clown is another man's deep thinker.

If it made you feel like that, sit in the house. Win Win for everyone.