Is football training fun?

Started by Denn Forever, May 19, 2015, 01:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

As someone whose football days are behind him i was wondering if Training is fun  these days?  15 minutes  at the start kicking ball into  the square and kicking points and then 4 laps  of the field Fado Fado

Much as we say we don't like the Blanket Defence I have to admire the  athleticism and skill of the players (especially the Donegal​Tyrone players on Sunday).  There must be a serious amount of time doing these types of Drills.  When I was playing the height of training thinking was Back vs Forwards..  I don't remember Tactical plans being trained.  How is training done these  days?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

illdecide

When did you retire? The 70's?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Denn Forever

Late 80's early 90s.  I

t was a serious point in that teams are so energetic and I don't remember having "Tactics" other than get" into  the Full Forward" or "in  front  of the  player and let  him run onto  it".  I'd be interested  to  hear  from  current players  and the type of "Game"training the do,
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

OgraAnDun

It depends on the manager. Some incorporate fitness training into ball drills so you're distracted from the fact that you're doing running drills. The pure running drills are absolutely sh*te though. You feel great once you've got home and into the shower however.