Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Quote from: SticksandStones on June 20, 2022, 04:28:05 PM
Glenn Minors playing Aghaderg in a league final tonight, it seems the CB thought the best place for this game would be on a nice local pitch in Dromara

Div 4 league, Glenn need to play at a higher level at underage, they always win low levels and should be pushed up.
I would imagine the reason for Dromara is pitch availability. I am sure every senior team trains tonight but blame the county board as there is no way they would not have asked Banbridge, Annaclone, Drumgath etc ::) 

charlieTully

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 20, 2022, 04:38:49 PM
Quote from: SticksandStones on June 20, 2022, 04:28:05 PM
Glenn Minors playing Aghaderg in a league final tonight, it seems the CB thought the best place for this game would be on a nice local pitch in Dromara

Div 4 league, Glenn need to play at a higher level at underage, they always win low levels and should be pushed up.
I would imagine the reason for Dromara is pitch availability. I am sure every senior team trains tonight but blame the county board as there is no way they would not have asked Banbridge, Annaclone, Drumgath etc ::)

The Bosco bridge final is at Tullylish. Able to accommodate due to having a second pitch. As you say senior training on most places.

Truth hurts

A big win for Teconnaught u17 in division 3 league final last night versus Newry Shamrocks. Great to see

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 21, 2022, 09:21:01 AM
A big win for Teconnaught u17 in division 3 league final last night versus Newry Shamrocks. Great to see

Huge scoreline for Teconnaught, I see Shamrocks beat them previously in the league. Quite a turnaround there, fair play to them.

Truth hurts

A shock in division 1 too with Bosco being overturned

Targetman

Times are changing when the Bridge beating Bosco is a shock.

Truth hurts

Quote from: Targetman on June 21, 2022, 07:11:51 PM
Times are changing when the Bridge beating Bosco is a shock.

They hammered them in the league and are the nest scorers in the league. Bosco were the form team coming into the final looking at results.

Hard2Listen2

When do county board meet again?

I'd expect there might be a discussion on the management teams for next season's minor & senior footballers.

Would be novel to have them in place before championship time.

SamFever

Quote from: upandwin on June 22, 2022, 04:30:58 PM
Division 1 relegation odds:

Rostrevor 1/500
Castlewellan 1/100
Ballyholland 4/9
Bryansford 4/6
Warrenpoint 11/10
Carryduff 2/1
Clonduff 4/1
Downpatrick 4/1
Loughinisland 10/1
Where are these odds from?

Truth hurts

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on June 22, 2022, 05:27:52 PM

I'd expect there might be a discussion on the management teams for next season's minor & senior footballers.

There is a meeting tonight so I am sure it will be discussed.

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 23, 2022, 09:00:25 AM
Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on June 22, 2022, 05:27:52 PM

There is a meeting tonight so I am sure it will be discussed.

Keep us updated as things unfold!

#intheknow
#wellconnected

Truth hurts

No decision on the senior football management will be made to senior management to early August.

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 24, 2022, 08:55:29 AM
No decision on the senior football management will be made to senior management to early August.

Bit disappointing but not surprising.

Minors?

rosskarr

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on June 24, 2022, 09:25:18 AM

Minors?
Have they no shame to be staying on?A sh-t show set-up from start to finish.
As the weeks progress it'll all come out from the players as to how bad it was.Watch this space.

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: rosskarr on June 24, 2022, 11:13:19 AM
Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on June 24, 2022, 09:25:18 AM

Minors?
Have they no shame to be staying on?A sh-t show set-up from start to finish.
As the weeks progress it'll all come out from the players as to how bad it was.Watch this space.

Who? Minors or seniors?