Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fairplay

Quote from: fairplay on May 19, 2015, 06:43:49 PM
  Quiet times these days and looking through various other County Websites
and I must say the Down one is up there with the best of them.
When I said this a couple of weeks ago. I was joking.
Not a thing  in the News section since April 30th.  Not good enough.

one day

Elk, what did you make of the two Burren corner backs tactics to curb Mc Aleenan and Mc Govern? Wouldn't get away with that if umpires or linesmen there.

Hedgehunter

Quote from: terrifictommy on June 01, 2015, 11:41:21 AM
Remeber each time below where you think im defending the action read this - The actions of the Annaclone player was not acceptable and has no place on the field.

But just to add a bit of information regarding the incident. The Glenn player himself was just in the middle of 'assualting' another Annaclone player himself so lets not make this fella a martyr - He was in the wrong too. 2 wrongs dont make a right. All through the game off the ball incidents from Glenn happened, 6 hit out at 11 in one incident 2/3 times, 5 was involved with 12 a few times - Clearly seen from were we were standing. Part of a culture now to stop players playing. Are these classed as any different in terms of their seriousness or is the end result the determining factor?

The game was adondoned because the Glenn management and bench poured onto the field, the actions of their management in attacking players was also conduct which should not be seen on the GAA circuit. It was only at this point where the referee had no alternative but to call a halt to proceedings. I wonder if the video evidence will be produced as all incidents need dealt with and clubs should both complete whatever necessary steps to discipline those involved.

All in all I do hope the man's injury is not as severe as thought and wish him a speedy recovery, football is played for enjoyment not punishment.

I want to call you out on a couple of points, the information you thought that you should give out with regards to the incident is totally rediculous and a complete lie, the Annaclone player clearly struck the Glenn player in an unprevoked attack while running passed him, the Glenn player was at no fault whatsoever.

The game was abandoned because of the Assault that took place on the field, which happened right in front of the Glenn dugout, of course your going to get a rise from the Glenn sideline, the player got no protection from the referee as he was at the other side of the pitch and didnt see it. So to blame Glenn for the abandonment is again wrong. If the initial incident didnt happen, nothing would have happened.

I also personally believe that the referee blew a halt to preceedings too quickly, yes there was a scrum going on, but he did blow it very quick in my opinion and with him leaving the field then things got further out of hand.

His report of the incident should be interesting as i believe he didnt see our could report on an awful lot as he wasnt there.

As for the Annaclone player, why do it then run and run and run and run shouting "im sorry, i shouldnt have done it", why did he do it? it was shocking.

Leftmidfield

Quote from: one day on June 01, 2015, 09:11:27 PM
Elk, what did you make of the two Burren corner backs tactics to curb Mc Aleenan and Mc Govern? Wouldn't get away with that if umpires or linesmen there.

One Day You could include the whole full forward line in your question to Elk. Burren no 3 fouled our no 14 off the ball all night.

elk

Quote from: Leftmidfield on June 01, 2015, 09:34:10 PM

One Day You could include the whole full forward line in your question to Elk. Burren no 3 fouled our no 14 off the ball all night.
to be honest they wouldn't get away with it in a game with umpires and linesmen. The burren players took advantage of this and the point lads basically let them . Division 1 is a step up from what they experienced last year and they need to learn how to handle the extra attention you receive at this level and perhaps a few new tricks of their own - I'm sure they will !

terrifictommy

Good call Hedgehunter! But lets pick up the holes in your theory, firstly you must have been on the pitch to hear what he said as there was too much shouting going on from where we were to hear anything audible. Secondly, I've asked twice about the players injury and no crying from the roof tops about a broken jaw, merely a bit of face ache perhaps? - Is this any less of a 'crime' than the previous punches thrown by Glenn players I described earlier - Yet not one of you have the stomach to admit the failings on your own behalf - I have said the Annaclone player was wrong, rash, but struck after that player struck out himself - Whether you fail to believe that I dont really care, he hit out - Ask him to his face!

Now to the case of the abondoned game - How can the referee abondon a game over an alledged assault he didn't see, as pointed out in earlier posts. He's probably still none the wiser, considering the game kept going on the opposite side of the field. The referee called it to a halt once you and your sideline entered the field, ill-discipline throughout your team from start to finish.

At least provide honesty if you want an honest opinion back - Admit the failings. But I guess you'd rather the county focus on one persons actions rather than those of your entire management and team panel - Which are no different.

whitegoodman

Quote from: Leftmidfield on June 01, 2015, 09:34:10 PM

Jes lads you get this every Friday night FFS.  It's called corner backs being cute as they know when and where they can get away with it.  If the point corner backs are not up to the same they are a bit green and in the minority in the county.

Down Follower

Bound to be serious implications arising from the game.  Take the GAA's own internal procedures, I reckon the following rule will come into play:

7.2 Infractions
(d) Disruptive Conduct at Games by Players, Team Officials or Supporters, which occur on or in the vicinity of the Field of Play and which occur immediately before, during or after a Game:
(1) Premature Termination of a Game-  By reason of Serious Disruption by Players, Officials or Supporters of a Team.
Penalties:
Team – Forfeiture of the Game and Award to the Opposing Team (unless both Teams are responsible), save where there are exceptional mitigating factors involved.
Other Penalties - at the discretion of the Council or the Committee-in-Charge, subject to a Penalty being of a form provided for in Rules 7.1, 7.2 or
7.4 to 7.9 inclusive.

(e) Misconduct Considered to have Discredited the Association.
Penalties:
Member - A minimum 8 weeks suspension. Debarment and Expulsion from the Association may also be considered.
Team/Unit - Where suspension is deemed appropriate - a minimum of 8 weeks. A Fine, Disqualification and Expulsion from the Association may also be considered.

stiff breeze

Hedgehunter and terrific tommy the reality is neither of you are doing your club any favours . Down follower surely you are not basing your punishments on board hearsay 😏

Down Follower

Quote from: stiff breeze on June 02, 2015, 02:32:41 PM
Hedgehunter and terrific tommy the reality is neither of you are doing your club any favours . Down follower surely you are not basing your punishments on board hearsay 😏

Lot of talk throughout the county so board hearsay, absolutely, but corroborated by usual forms of hearsay ;)

rosskarr

Haven't had the pleasure of Glenn's hospitality for a few
years now but it's a pleasurable as our own.
   There'll 3 sides to all this.  Glenn's, Annaclone's and the truth
but none of these will come out.

GAAHEAD1960

A seriously highly charged game, players and management clearly knew each other at a personal level. Referee should have shown more yellow cards to calm everything down lads don't go in so heavy when they might get a sending off. Despite the scuffles on field it was a good game of football until the last 5 minutes. I was seriously disappointed with the Glenn bench, any form of righteousness they had was lost when 10-15 men charged onto the field a more experienced management would have calmed their players down and dealt with the matter themselves. Alot of big hits between the two teams, don't think there was one saint on the field of play but that's all part of it. the rest was just handbags

wobbller

Move on and let the CB deal with this.
Thoughts for Sunday's Minor and Senior games?

Line Ball

Is there not a bit of 'history' between the same referee and the Glenn manager as in last year's championship I remember the manager giving it loads to all around him, county secretary, sideline monitor of Glenn as well as the referee and he would not leave the pitch when asked to a number of times by the referee?  Maybe the ref is getting his own back, long grass and all that craic.

one day

White goodman, your right about most fullbacks in the county are at that, that's why there's no good defenders in the County. The point are a bit green but I read today they started with 11 under 21 players from last year so experience will come.being cute is one thing doesn't excuse the Burren number 5 from putting the boot into a man on the ground and the Burren manager swinging elbows