Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BACK TO WRECK

Quote from: Shamrocks Gaelp on January 25, 2015, 10:14:10 PM
Division 1 teams to get relegated to 2 :-

16th = Clann Na Banna (without doubt)
15th = Liatroim (without doubt)
14th = Annaclone (pretty certain they will go down)
13th = Ballyholland Harps (50/50)
12th = Rostrevor (will be unlucky if they go down)
11th = Glenn (will probably win play off)

Division 2 teams to get relegated to 3 (not too sure if it's 8 going down) :-

16th = Dromara (without doubt)
15th = Kilclief (without doubt)
14th = Darragh Cross (without doubt)
13th = Drumaness (50/50)
12th = Saul (hard to call)
11th = Drumgath (new manager and players returning from injury so hard to call)
10th = Carryduff (although U21's won b championship they might not do enough to keep afloat)
9th = Bosco (will be unlucky if they are relegated)

What is the deal with relegation and promotion across the 3 leagues? Would also like to know everyone else's opinion on these predictions (just my own opinion based upon current circumstances and last years preformances )

I used to post on here but got bored and stopped. Dip in for the odd nosy, after reading this drivel I just had to open an account again, please explain to me how Rostrevor and Bosco will be unlucky if they are relegated? the league hasnt started man.

east down gael

It's a poster's opinion on how the league will turn out, I wouldn't call it drivel.can't see how it would get anyone worked up.

Shamrocks Gaelp

Quote from: BACK TO WRECK on January 30, 2015, 02:07:19 PM
Quote from: Shamrocks Gaelp on January 25, 2015, 10:14:10 PM
Division 1 teams to get relegated to 2 :-

16th = Clann Na Banna (without doubt)
15th = Liatroim (without doubt)
14th = Annaclone (pretty certain they will go down)
13th = Ballyholland Harps (50/50)
12th = Rostrevor (will be unlucky if they go down)
11th = Glenn (will probably win play off)

Division 2 teams to get relegated to 3 (not too sure if it's 8 going down) :-

16th = Dromara (without doubt)
15th = Kilclief (without doubt)
14th = Darragh Cross (without doubt)
13th = Drumaness (50/50)
12th = Saul (hard to call)
11th = Drumgath (new manager and players returning from injury so hard to call)
10th = Carryduff (although U21's won b championship they might not do enough to keep afloat)
9th = Bosco (will be unlucky if they are relegated)

What is the deal with relegation and promotion across the 3 leagues? Would also like to know everyone else's opinion on these predictions (just my own opinion based upon current circumstances and last years preformances )

I used to post on here but got bored and stopped. Dip in for the odd nosy, after reading this drivel I just had to open an account again, please explain to me how Rostrevor and Bosco will be unlucky if they are relegated? the league hasnt started man.

What I'm saying is that both teams are strong mid table teams in the respective division, but when push comes to shove this year they could be pipped at the post and relegated only by missing out on a safe spot by maybe a point or 2 or score difference. Neither team should be playing in the league below.

NP 76

Down team named to play Kildare
M Cunningham
D o hagan
C Garvey
L Howard
D Turley
B Mc Ardle
K Mc Kernan
N Madine
P Fitzpatrick
R Johnson
C Laverty
P Devlin
J Johnson
C Maginn
D O Hare

whitegoodman

Interesting, I'd be happy with most players starting but there are at least 4 out of position.

Ed Hardy

Quote from: NP 76 on January 30, 2015, 08:11:58 PM
M Cunningham
D o hagan
C Garvey
L Howard
D Turley
B Mc Ardle
K Mc Kernan
N Madine
P Fitzpatrick
R Johnson
C Laverty
P Devlin
J Johnson
C Maginn
D O Hare

Garvey in at no.3,  makes the defence look a lot stronger,  take it maginn will play out the field, and it will be Donal and Jerome in 2 man full forward line. 4 from 6 forwards from Kilcoo is interesting, I'd imagine Poland, Mc Conville,  and Carr will all be introduced at some point.

whitegoodman

Quote from: Ed Hardy on January 30, 2015, 08:19:09 PM
M Cunningham
D o hagan
C Garvey
L Howard
D Turley
B Mc Ardle
K Mc Kernan
N Madine
P Fitzpatrick
R Johnson
C Laverty
P Devlin
J Johnson
C Maginn
D O Hare

Garvey in at no.3,  makes the defence look a lot stronger,  take it maginn will play out the field, and it will be Donal and Jerome in 2 man full forward line. 4 from 6 forwards from Kilcoo is interesting, I'd imagine Poland, Mc Conville,  and Carr will all be introduced at some point.

Never been a full back and never will.  Outstanding WHB, average FB.  A lot of pace in forward line but very small other than Ryan Johnston, could get bullied against a physically strong Kildare team.

PAULD123

WhiteGM, I presume you mean he was never a good fullback as opposed to him never being one? He was fullback when he won the minor All-Ireland title in 2005

Ed Hardy

Quote from: whitegoodman on January 30, 2015, 08:26:58 PM
Quote from: Ed Hardy on January 30, 2015, 08:19:09 PM
M Cunningham
D o hagan
C Garvey
L Howard
D Turley
B Mc Ardle
K Mc Kernan
N Madine
P Fitzpatrick
R Johnson
C Laverty
P Devlin
J Johnson
C Maginn
D O Hare

Never been a full back and never will.  Outstanding WHB, average FB.  A lot of pace in forward line but very small other than Ryan Johnston, could get bullied against a physically strong Kildare team.

He was a fine full back as a minor when he won an All Ireland in '05, he may have been lined out at WHB in plenty of games over the  last few seasons but more often than not he drops into full back line somewhere as he's probably the best man marker Down have.

whitegoodman

Quote from: PAULD123 on January 30, 2015, 08:45:21 PM
WhiteGM, I presume you mean he was never a good fullback as opposed to him never being one? He was fullback when he won the minor All-Ireland title in 2005

Yep that's what was getting at.  Wasted in there imo, Howard was doing alright in there too.

Mourne Rover

McCorry has not unreasonably decided against starting any of the Warrenpoint players or the squad members who were on holiday in January, but his team still looks decent. There could be a few positional switches, as Garvey is a fine defender who generally looks more comfortable away from the square and both Ryan Johnston and Maginn will spend much of their time in our half.

It is one of the smallest forward lines we have ever fielded, as several people have noted, but there is plenty of pace there and we have a few big men on the bench as well. Poland and McGarry are also very likely to appear at some stage, so some competition for places is developing. Mooney may still be finding his form but he is another strong option as the game opens up.

James had a little managerial history with Kildare, as they were his first and last competitive opponents with two very different outcomes. Our AI semi final win in 2010 was probably his finest hour in charge,so there will be a bit of an edge to the proceedings on Sunday. With four of our final six games in Newry, getting something from Newbridge would be quite an achievement.

ardtole

Good start for McCrory a 4 point win. Down scored 2-1 in injury time.

charlieTully

Quote from: ardtole on February 01, 2015, 03:36:18 PM
Good start for McCrory a 4 point win. Down scored 2-1 in injury time.

thought we were a cert to lose, anyone down at it?

Highlander3

Did not think they would win today, very good start and now gives us a real chance for promotion

Heard mooney scored a great goal

Early days yet but its nice to get a good result and high score like that early in the year

SHEEDY

Massive win today, sets us up nicely with 4 home games to come. Hopefully that win will instill a bit of confidence for the season ahead. Good to see Mooney showing up well. Roll on the rossies next sat night.
nil satis nisi optimum