Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godsown

Any truth in the rumour that Banty or Corrigan are joining the backroom ticket?
[/quote]

Think there's legs in the story about Gavin. Heard he was in the Greenans at the weekend.
Some Danish guy called Lars ( didn't get his surname) joining back room as S&C coach. Has worked with Morgan apparently before

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Truth hurts on August 16, 2022, 10:45:43 AM
All roads lead to Darragh tonight for what should be a cracker, one of these strong clubs will be playing division 3 football next season.

The A1 doesn't lead to Darragh.
Or the M1.
Or the M2.

Lots of roads don't lead to Darragh.

Hard2Listen2

Some roads lead to Longstone. Bredagh might have taken the wrong one.

Stone go up as champs.

upandwin

Well what a great finish to the second division tonight. Excitement right to the end. An Riocht will feel absolutely disgusted that they've gone down on score difference after what transpired at the start of the season against Darragh Cross. The DC manager won't be allowed in Mourne for the foreseeable I'd imagine. Have to feel sorry for them. I was at that game early in the season, the county board should have a better way of managing those situations. Only slight consolation is that DC have gone down as well, the least they deserve. Great to see that much 😃

Johnnysboys

Has the standard of football dipped in lower and upper mourne?? Not that long ago kingdom, Attical, Stone and Ballymartin were in division one and now 3 teams in division 3 next year..
interesting derbies in that league.
Darragh Cross put together what many believed was the ideal management package to get to the top flight and win an intermediate championship - how does DJ and Enda explain this mess?

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on August 16, 2022, 11:03:16 PM
Has the standard of football dipped in lower and upper mourne?? Not that long ago kingdom, Attical, Stone and Ballymartin were in division one and now 3 teams in division 3 next year..
interesting derbies in that league.
Darragh Cross put together what many believed was the ideal management package to get to the top flight and win an intermediate championship - how does DJ and Enda explain this mess?

The parish of lower mourne has 3 GAA Clubs Longstone, Ballymartin and Glasdrumman, That's a fantastic achievement in itself.

Very disappointing for Darragh Cross especially given the way they lost the intermediate last season and now to be relegated.
An Riocht fought to the bitter end and with a promising minor team they won't be panicking.

terrifictommy

Over 18 games they weren't good enough, great drama that it comes to the wire but missed opportunities in the last few months.

Should be an interesting game tonight, I'm guessing neither will show their hand but also both will want that win.

How come Rostrevor in Inter or did I read that wrong?

Mourne Red

Quote from: terrifictommy on August 17, 2022, 02:18:42 PM
Over 18 games they weren't good enough, great drama that it comes to the wire but missed opportunities in the last few months.

Should be an interesting game tonight, I'm guessing neither will show their hand but also both will want that win.

How come Rostrevor in Inter or did I read that wrong?

Lost Senior relegation play-off last year if I remember correctly

terrifictommy

Got it. They will be wanting to have a serious crack at Inter Champ then.

Down Follower

Haven't won too many games this year so will def be vulnerable against a few teams in inter. Teams can't just flick a switch and start winning although their form has picked up this past month or two.

befair

Quote from: upandwin on August 16, 2022, 09:56:59 PM
Well what a great finish to the second division tonight. Excitement right to the end. An Riocht will feel absolutely disgusted that they've gone down on score difference after what transpired at the start of the season against Darragh Cross. The DC manager won't be allowed in Mourne for the foreseeable I'd imagine. Have to feel sorry for them. I was at that game early in the season, the county board should have a better way of managing those situations. Only slight consolation is that DC have gone down as well, the least they deserve. Great to see that much 😃
What happened between An Riocht and Darragh Cross?

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Down Follower on August 17, 2022, 04:52:34 PM
Haven't won too many games this year so will def be vulnerable against a few teams in inter. Teams can't just flick a switch and start winning although their form has picked up this past month or two.

Their management team went there for one reason only & that's to get a trophy on their CVs.

League survival would have been a bonus but a long shot.

Nanderson

Quote from: befair on August 17, 2022, 05:06:10 PM
Darragh Cross player faked head injury to get game abandoned when they were getting stuffed. Ambulance called and then told it subsequently wasn't needed once game got blown up

befair

Quote from: Nanderson on August 17, 2022, 06:53:31 PM
Quote from: befair on August 17, 2022, 05:06:10 PM
Darragh Cross player faked head injury to get game abandoned when they were getting stuffed. Ambulance called and then told it subsequently wasn't needed once game got blown up
Not the first time this kind of thing has happened; worst of all, some poor sod might have needed that ambulance