Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamFever

I heard Donaghy from Bryansford was dropped.

wobbller

The only good thing about the trip to Owenbeg was the Ponderosa before for the Kilcoo game and the craic and pints after the game.More comment tomorrow with a clear head😃.

The Trap

Down are now the worst team in Ulster! Very sad fall for the aristocracy!

Ed Hardy

Very disappointing performance yesterday, massive task for wee James to keep Down in Div2 now. Really hope that 5 or 6 the Kilcoo lads want to play for Down this year. N Kane, R McEvoy, Jerome, Ryan & Sheelan, and D Ward, all would make some difference to the starting 15 and as options of the bench. Along with Daniel Guinness and Pearse Laverty if he's available.

SamFever

Rory Burns. 2/10

Peter Fegan 5/10
Finn McElroy7/10
Gerard Collins 5/10
Ruairi McCormack 6/10
Niall McParland 6/10
Darren O'Hagan 5/10

Anthony Doherty 6/10
Odhran Murdock 7/10

Caplin  Mooney 6/10
Liam Kerr 5/10
Cormac McCartan 4/10
Barry O'Hagan 6/10
Kevin McKernan 4/10
Andrew Gilmore 6/10

Management 5.5/10

SHEEDY

Galway hammered Meath today, Meath never scored until 43rd minute, Down play Galway next so it's definitely not getting any easier
nil satis nisi optimum

Truth hurts

Time to give Charlie Smyth a chance in nets

general

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 31, 2022, 08:38:44 AM

I'd go with John O'Hare first

whitegoodman

Smyth / Kane

Fegan
McEvoy
McElroy

Rooney
D O Hagan / McParland
Mooney

Doherty
Murdock

Ward
Kerr
R Johnston

S Johnston
B O Hagan
J Johnston

Pace Pace Pace

That assumes none of the Brannigans will commit and the Johnstons will.  Mooney has played his best football for Down when he is running onto the ball from half back.  I dont think we are going to out defend a team as we arent good enough at it so lets attack teams with our strengths, speed and accuracy.

Truth hurts

Quote from: general on January 31, 2022, 09:07:12 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on January 31, 2022, 08:38:44 AM

I'd go with John O'Hare first

He is not even on the panel ffs

Truth hurts

I see the Kilcoo PRO has begun the siege mentality in preparation for the final on Twitter LOL

upandwin

Any decision made yet on the Div 1 debacle? Is there going to be four down or what?

Truth hurts

Smyth

Fegan
McElroy
Docherty

D O Hagan
McParland
Mooney

O'Rawe
Connery

Murdock
Kerr
McCormick

C Francis
B O Hagan
A Gilmore

My team for Saturday

BigRipper89

Poor result at the weekend. Same glimpses of life in this team but will have to improve quickly in a short space of time.

Keeper- didnt look that secure/ confident throughout.

Defence- Mc Elory very good 1 on 1, Mc Parland stopped 2/3 goal chances first half, fegan and collins marked tightly, mooney showed in flashes and mc cartan was a good outlet from defence. overall i think they were let down by a poor night for the forwards.

Midfield- Worked hard but Derry came out on top. No obvious target for kickouts. ( O rawe out hurt I think)

Forwards-Poor handling, shot choices and finishing was the main downfall. Ohagan plenty of effort but gave up possession to many times, mc kernan not a threat inside, Kerr and gilmore looked good in flashes, Mc cormick took a good score but looked abit lost sometimes

subs- too late for them to make a difference. Would of liked to see Rushe and Mc Cartan on earlier to ask different questions inside 

wobbller

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 31, 2022, 02:02:30 PM
Smyth

Fegan
McElroy
Docherty

D O Hagan
McParland
Mooney

O'Rawe
Connery

Murdock
Kerr
McCormick

C Francis
B O Hagan
A Gilmore

My team for Saturday
So you are dropping Collins from defence and bringing back Doherty to fill his place?What sense does this make?