Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

With Pat Havern back on board Saval should be expected to make an assault on the IFC.

Paul McComiskey seen in the coffee dock in the Town with John Clarke, do not be surprised to see him in the red of Dundrum this season.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 06, 2022, 11:27:42 AM
With Pat Havern back on board Saval should be expected to make an assault on the IFC.

Paul McComiskey seen in the coffee dock in the Town with John Clarke, do not be surprised to see him in the red of Dundrum this season.

Mac hasn't played in 5 years I doubt he'll be back playing for Dundrum

Truth hurts

Quote from: Mourne Red on January 06, 2022, 12:15:43 PM

He is only 33/34, would have won them the JFC if he was playing. It will be some coup for Clarke .

Does anyone know if Burren will be allowed to have a team in Div 4 this year? It will will help one team and that's Burren.

wobbller

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 06, 2022, 01:03:36 PM

He is only 33/34, would have won them the JFC if he was playing. It will be some coup for Clarke .

Does anyone know if Burren will be allowed to have a team in Div 4 this year? It will will help one team and that's Burren.
Why would Burren be allowed a team in Div4?

Truth hurts

They have over 100 senior footballers

wobbller

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 06, 2022, 01:20:50 PM
So what?If they need to field more teams they can enter additional teams to the Reserve or Premier
Reserve leagues.This has been covered previosuly while you were off School over Christmas. ;)

imtommygunn

Is McComiskey not involved with St Brigids or is that someone else?

Leftmidfield

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 06, 2022, 01:20:50 PM
A good few of them even live in Burren 🤗

Mourne Red

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 06, 2022, 01:03:36 PM

Mac is coming 35 this year and spent his last 2 years he played with persistent back issues - After that length of time out and a young family I'd be fairly certain he'll not be back, I'll wager a Docs he won't.

Im starting to be convinced you're a wind-up merchant who tries to fill their teach day in on here. Reserve teams in Div 4 was discussed and scrapped 3/4 years ago

Hard2Listen2

Anyone been to Docs, The Busy Bee or The Coffee Dock that can shed any light on the team for tomorrow?

SamFever

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on January 06, 2022, 10:44:11 PM
Anyone been to Docs, The Busy Bee or The Coffee Dock that can shed any light on the team for tomorrow?
Apparently 11 subs are allowed to be used.🤷🏻‍♂️

Smurfy123

Not getting into it again but if with the numbers Burren have at present they would win division 4 and then 3 if they had a team put into the lower leagues. That's not sayin they are the best senior team but the most certainly have the biggest pick. And that's with carrying a senior squad of 21 on a Friday night and say 21 in division 4. I don't see why division 4 teams wouldn't want to rise the standards by playing them.
Good luck to Down tonight
Any team announcement

Truth hurts

How would Burren have a bigger pick than the Belfast teams?

johnnycool

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 07, 2022, 08:44:26 AM
How would Burren have a bigger pick than the Belfast teams?

Belfast teams play hurling as well...

Smurfy123

Well Burren seem to have bigger numbers at all levels compared to most. The Belfast teams don't generally stand out in reserve football
Burren
Kilcoo
Mayobridge
Clonduff

Would all contest division 3