Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrotherMore6592

He's on the radio doing interviews on talksport crying about how he isn't respected . What has he done?

Him/his promoter have openly admitted he's back to fight a few journeymen and get the confidence levels up.

He's a big bag of sh*te with no mental toughness to be the best, I hope this Franklin dud knocks him out

Sick listening to him yapping. His best ever moment was beating an old man in klitschko and even that could have went either way

toby47

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 30, 2023, 11:51:56 AM
Quote from: toby47 on March 30, 2023, 11:51:27 AM
Price of tickets for Katies fight range from €80-€1,500.

Where is the fight?

3Arena Dublin, tickets on sale Wednesday 5th April.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: toby47 on March 30, 2023, 11:53:15 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 30, 2023, 11:51:56 AM
Quote from: toby47 on March 30, 2023, 11:51:27 AM
Price of tickets for Katies fight range from €80-€1,500.

Where is the fight?

3Arena Dublin, tickets on sale Wednesday 5th April.

Should sell that out, should, fingers crossed, give her a proper pay day and maybe go out on a high, nothing to prove and at 36 she isn't getting any younger and blows to the head (at any age) isn't great.

There will be plenty of pundit work and other TV work to pay the bills
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Redhand Santa

When you see the price's Hearn's comments on Croke Park not working etc really don't make any sense. The only thing that make's sense is that he wasn't confident he'd draw the crowd to croke park.

His complaint's were around the fact that the extra security costs would cost a million more than wembley. But he'd have had 70,000 extra ticket sales in croke park at an average of €100 (that might be on the low side given the large premium area in croke park) plus lot's of extra merchandise extra. A sold out croke park would have generated a much higher profit.

nrico2006

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on March 30, 2023, 11:52:04 AM
He's on the radio doing interviews on talksport crying about how he isn't respected . What has he done?

Him/his promoter have openly admitted he's back to fight a few journeymen and get the confidence levels up.

He's a big bag of sh*te with no mental toughness to be the best, I hope this Franklin dud knocks him out

Sick listening to him yapping. His best ever moment was beating an old man in klitschko and even that could have went either way

Think he was saying he always craved the respect of others but now is saying that won't be the case.

Of course he has mental toughness, in a hard sport and got to the top, don't do that if you are weak.  What has he done? Unified the heavyweight division and won a lot of fights until the recent losses. Don't think you could label his win over Klitschko as some crap win either, Fury is lauded for beating him not so long before that. Klitschko was in top form that night and looked good.  I also think he is due a tune-up fight - been in title fights since very early in his career, fought nearly all the top fighters too. Just compare his resume with Furys, night and day from when it comes to calibre of opponent.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Armagh18

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 30, 2023, 06:42:50 PM

Think he was saying he always craved the respect of others but now is saying that won't be the case.

Of course he has mental toughness, in a hard sport and got to the top, don't do that if you are weak.  What has he done? Unified the heavyweight division and won a lot of fights until the recent losses. Don't think you could label his win over Klitschko as some crap win either, Fury is lauded for beating him not so long before that. Klitschko was in top form that night and looked good.  I also think he is due a tune-up fight - been in title fights since very early in his career, fought nearly all the top fighters too. Just compare his resume with Furys, night and day from when it comes to calibre of opponent.
Bang average boxer who Fury would eat for breakfast. Fury obviously not at the level of the greats of years gone by but he's best around at the minute by a mile

Eire90

is it bad undercard for joshua v franklin

nrico2006

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 30, 2023, 09:43:16 PM

Bang average boxer who Fury would eat for breakfast. Fury obviously not at the level of the greats of years gone by but he's best around at the minute by a mile

Hardly average. Fury would definitely beat him though. Disagree with Furys standing with past fighters though, up there with any of them.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Armagh18

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 31, 2023, 07:26:30 AM

Hardly average. Fury would definitely beat him though. Disagree with Furys standing with past fighters though, up there with any of them.
Totally overrated imo. Furys sheer size and the fact he's an awkward f**ker to fight would probably give him a good chance hypothetically against anyone tbf.

JimStynes

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 31, 2023, 08:08:37 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 31, 2023, 07:26:30 AM

Totally overrated imo. Furys sheer size and the fact he's an awkward f**ker to fight would probably give him a good chance hypothetically against anyone tbf.

Fury has outstanding boxing skills, especially for someone of his size.

imtommygunn

His movement is fantastic irrespective of size. He is not easy to hit.

nrico2006

Saying Fury is awkward is in a way disrespectful, as it's his skills, size and ring IQ that make him 'awkward'. Even the way he can effectively switch stance is a rare skill in itself, he can move and box at range or come forward and put pressure on. He has some engine and chin as well.

Jim Bob

Fury will eventually be beaten...by himself. He ll go off the rails. Not give an F about training and will be beaten by a lesser opponent as a result. And....he ll not give an F ...

Armagh18

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 31, 2023, 04:41:02 PM
Saying Fury is awkward is in a way disrespectful, as it's his skills, size and ring IQ that make him 'awkward'. Even the way he can effectively switch stance is a rare skill in itself, he can move and box at range or come forward and put pressure on. He has some engine and chin as well.
Yeah maybe wrong choice of words. I'm far from an expert but definitely rate Fury.

bennydorano

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 30, 2023, 11:47:10 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 30, 2023, 11:42:41 AM
Anthony Joshua seems to be increasingly losing the plot

How?
Maybe a bit strong, I'll qualify my original post and say he's probably just lost his PR team around him and he's not as polished & wholesome performer as he once appeared.