2019 Allianz Football League Division 3.

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 06, 2018, 12:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

I don't know when the toys were thrown Don. I didn't even know they had been. It would be helpful to know who is still in there and what options we have

Laois fan

Ive heard healy is in bother with his knee and could be out long term,also that davy conway is  gone due to injury problems.Then you have quigley,glynn paddy osullivan benny carroll and timmons still out also

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on February 06, 2019, 11:42:30 AM
I don't know when the toys were thrown Don. I didn't even know they had been. It would be helpful to know who is still in there and what options we have
I believe someone here said they were. Read back.

les Antiques

Meaney was training the other night anyway so could be in the 26 for Sunday especially with lillis out .

Laois Rising

The big eye opener last Saturday was 1) the lack of real pace within the Laois team and 2) Lack of genuine midfielders who can dominate and field ball around the middle of the field. Louth had a field day cutting through Laois defense with genuine pace. Our half backs and half forwards dropping back couldn't match pace of players like Williams and Clutterbuck attacking from the Louth halfback line. It's hard ask on likes of O'Loughlin to try field ball against players who are 3/4 inches taller than him and more natural fielders of the ball. If kicking long from the kick out we need to get players around the breaking ball. This on a couple of occasions wasn't the case with the ball kicked long to one man that was isolated of support with two/three Louth players around him. Each time Louth inevitably regained possession. Louth seemed to have their home work done on the Laois kick out strategy.       

Tony

The Louth match was strange in that it's been the worst performance since Sugrue came in. We looked really awful - like a low division 4 side. However, put that in balance of our performances last year and in challenge matches this year as well as the Down match, and, well it really is a confusing one. I think we should see us against the likes of Sligo, Westmeath, Carlow etc to see where we're at. The mind boggles when it comes to that performance against Louth so the jury is out, for me. For example, all of a sudden Lillis's stock is down just because of what happened here? Similarly, some new players looked really promising against Down and in challenge games. More time needed to assess, in my opinion. There were some really alarming signs against Louth, but, I'd prefer to see some more games before making drastic and panicky calls.

Nameless

Quote from: Tony on February 06, 2019, 07:21:56 PM
The Louth match was strange in that it's been the worst performance since Sugrue came in. We looked really awful - like a low division 4 side. However, put that in balance of our performances last year and in challenge matches this year as well as the Down match, and, well it really is a confusing one. I think we should see us against the likes of Sligo, Westmeath, Carlow etc to see where we're at. The mind boggles when it comes to that performance against Louth so the jury is out, for me. For example, all of a sudden Lillis's stock is down just because of what happened here? Similarly, some new players looked really promising against Down and in challenge games. More time needed to assess, in my opinion. There were some really alarming signs against Louth, but, I'd prefer to see some more games before making drastic and panicky calls.

Actually, some of the performances in division 4 weren't the best. It's just Louth are a step above that level so could expose us more. It has to be remembered that Down were missing a large number of players also. I think another reason for our struggles on the kick outs is because we have an inexperienced full back line. Their willingness and eagerness to make themselves available for a short kick out hasn't really been shown. This is very understandable as they are just establishing themselves and might be fearful of giving away a soft goal. 

redsetanta

Lads were getting ahead of themselves with the win in Down. Yes it was a good victory but it was the opening game of the league. Save the gun powder until we've played another couple of games.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

les Antiques

Cahir  Healy gone for the year sad to hear . It's going to take something incredible to see him in a Laois jersey again but if anyone can do it its him .

The PRO

Quote from: les Antiques on February 07, 2019, 09:31:49 AM
Cahir  Healy gone for the year sad to hear . It's going to take something incredible to see him in a Laois jersey again but if anyone can do it its him .
That's a disaster for him. Really was hoping to see him in a county jersey again. That said, you'd have to wonder at how a lad based in the UK was going to work out. At an age when his contemporaries like Donoher, Strong etc were stepping aside.

Tony

He would have worked out alright. Pity. My eldest son played both codes with him years ago for a school team and he was and is a top lad all round, always helping others out and always had a top attitude to everything. Not many people would commit to their county if they lived in another country entirely - England in Cahir's case. A shame he won't be around, I think we could really have done with him. Best of luck to him with his recovery.

BobbyBoucherJr

Be a few changes this weekend, lillis suspended, byrne will be outand piggott out for a few weeks apparentley.

on the hop

Tony

Unlaoised

Me likey .....

Mark Barry and Cahillne to shine ...

Good chance for Meaney to right the wrongs of Sligo two years ago ....

Looking forward to this
LAOIS ABÚ