Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence of Knockbride

I hear Carr was on RTE giving an interview outside Croke Park yesterday. I'm sending my CV in to Breffni for Head Scout saying as nobody already in there wants the job. It's a wonder the headhunters haven't been on to some of us.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 09, 2009, 10:34:23 PM
The U16s are playing Shannon Gaels in the Championship on Tuesday in Shannon Gaels.

Where is their pitch and how do I get there?

Head for Belturbet, then head for the border into Derrylin. Head for Enniskillen and a few miles outside Derrylin you take a left for Florencecourt. At Florencecourt you take a left for Blacklion. If memory serves me you will pass the pitch on the RH just before you enter Blacklion. Its a spin alright but at least your not travelling from Virginia or Kingscourt.

Babe Ruth 47

Quote from: Celt_Man on August 09, 2009, 11:18:31 PM
Check this link out boss
http://www.milford.limerick.gaa.ie/mapsb.html
and you can get directions then.... some spin for you!

That Milford Gaa web site is some job. All the fixtures for the entire county of Limerick, football and hurling up. All league tables and results updated every evening. Great resourse for the people down there.

An Laoch

Any ideas when the Senior playoff Mullahoran v Ballinagh will be played.....and also the quarter finals?

Could be can of worms territory here, but why does the Cavan website look like it was built on a Commodore 64 and have such a dearth of useful information?

put-it-up

Just encase anyone was still doubting it

By Colm Key

Monday August 10 2009

Tommy Carr has decided to stay on as Cavan football manager despite the slender approval he got from last week's County Board meeting.

Carr only won a vote of confidence by 30 votes to 23 and such a small mandate had him mulling over his future all week.

But Carr confirmed yesterday that he was staying on for a second year after giving it consideration with his selectors for almost four days.

Carr indicated that support from the panel of players had convinced him not to walk away.

Seanie Johnston was one of those to publicly back him after initial "negative" feeling towards the management first came into the public domain.

Last week's vote of confidence in Carr was understood to have been carried on the back of a management committee mandate.

More than seven years ago Val Andrews made his exit from the Cavan set-up after a similarly narrow vote approved him to stay on for a third year, just months after he had guided Cavan to an Ulster final.

- Colm Key

Denn Forever

Now I have directions, I think I'll see if I can cadge a lift from someone.

I remember playing there years ago but I wiped it from my memory.  And we wonder why there are not more players from the west , west of Cavan on the county team.  Maybe training should be relocated to Ballyconnell.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Drung

QuoteAnd we wonder why there are not more players from the west , west of Cavan on the county team

In fairness, bar Drumlane, every club in west Cavan is junior and most eg Kildallan, Shannon Gaels, Corlough, Templeport have been for a long time. Swad are a yo-yo club who flip between Junior and Intermediate.
To be fair, Shannon Gaels are going well at the minute and have some class young players coming through.
We need the traditionally strong clubs such as Kingscourt and Crosserlough going well.

Celt_Man

Here's the fixtures for this week....

Friday, 14th @ 8pm
Hotel Kilmore Intermediate Championship Play Off
Drung v Bailieboro
Venue: Kingspan Breffni Park

Saturday, 15 @ 8pm
Hotel Kilmore Senior Championship Play Off
Mullahoran v Ballinagh

Saturday, 15 @ 6.45pm
Hotel Kilmore Intermediate Championship Play Off
Drumalee v Lavey
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Mr Miyagi

Miyagi just read Hoganstand and had an idea.

Of all the games seen by the eyes of your heads, who has impressed you - now that the group stages are over?

Another thing that crossed Miyagi's mind is interesting he thinks...How many of last year's county panel see did you playing for their clubs and they failed to stand out. Me would not have seen enough of a spread of games to comment.

As far as Miyagi is concerned, Cavan need to start from scratch and finding players performing well with their clubs...well, vital it is.

Miyagi is honest man and will state that only games in Breffni Park he has seen thus  far bar one involving his own club.

Good  Performers:
Mark McKeever (Gowna)
Declan Reilly (Bailieborough)
Keith Fannin (Drumgoon)
Martin Reilly (Killygarry)
Martin Dunne (Gaels)
Conor Smith (Cuchullainnss)
Ray Cullivan (Ballyahaise)

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Mr Miyagi on August 11, 2009, 06:07:38 PM
Miyagi just read Hoganstand and had an idea.

Of all the games seen by the eyes of your heads, who has impressed you - now that the group stages are over?

Another thing that crossed Miyagi's mind is interesting he thinks...How many of last year's county panel see did you playing for their clubs and they failed to stand out. Me would not have seen enough of a spread of games to comment.

As far as Miyagi is concerned, Cavan need to start from scratch and finding players performing well with their clubs...well, vital it is.

Miyagi is honest man and will state that only games in Breffni Park he has seen thus  far bar one involving his own club.

Good  Performers:
Mark McKeever (Gowna)
Declan Reilly (Bailieborough)
Keith Fannin (Drumgoon)
Martin Reilly (Killygarry)
Martin Dunne (Gaels)
Conor Smith (Cuchullainnss)
Ray Cullivan (Ballyahaise)

Excuse the lack of names but:
Two corner-forwards for Kingscourt esp the small fair-haired fella.
Cullivan, Tierney and the ginger corner-back for Ballyhaise.
Finbar Jordan
Keith Fanin
Martin Reilly

Mr Miyagi

Is Tierney the young lad that didn't play for the minors this year? Miyagi has heard quite a bit about him but would not know that much. What kind of player is he?

Was very disappointed with Kingscourt the other night Miyagi was. Also thought Barry Reilly vastly underperformed consiering his repitaion but anytime Miyagi has seen him,which would have been with the minors the first year, he has been poor enough.

If only Martin Reilly could get stronger - Miyagi would rate him a lot.

Babe Ruth 47

Ray Cullivan
Dayrll McKenna
Dara Gunn
Martin Dunne

Lawrence of Knockbride

That's the Tierney. I'd say he's big, strong and quite fast for a young lad. His shooting let him down at times but he may just have had a bad day. I agree that Barry Reilly was anonymous and sluggish looking. First time I've seen him. Is he the lad that was in Oz? What happened?

Mr Miyagi

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on August 11, 2009, 07:43:53 PM
That's the Tierney. I'd say he's big, strong and quite fast for a young lad. His shooting let him down at times but he may just have had a bad day. I agree that Barry Reilly was anonymous and sluggish looking. First time I've seen him. Is he the lad that was in Oz? What happened?

Interest Miyagi he does. Yes well Miyagi presume it was the same fella.

Yes, I wonder how he got on. Miyagi red he went Down Under a couple of weeks ago but never heard anymore. From that showing, well, he has a lot to do.

Miyagi was impressed my Colm Smith's workrate also. 

cavan4sam

Quote from: Mr Miyagi on August 11, 2009, 10:02:04 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on August 11, 2009, 07:43:53 PM

Interest Miyagi he does. Yes well Miyagi presume it was the same fella.

Yes, I wonder how he got on. Miyagi red he went Down Under a couple of weeks ago but never heard anymore. From that showing, well, he has a lot to do.

Miyagi was impressed my Colm Smith's workrate also. 

Miyagi would it be too much to ask for you to construct your sentences properly? Its very hard to make head nor tail of them!!