Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommysmith

Bit harsh maybe but if he is playing in the forwards the next day watch him.

I think he is one of these lads who was promising at underage but hasnt improved.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Westside on May 23, 2012, 04:52:42 PM
Anyone know if Martin Dunne was actually out injured for the game on Sunday or was he just not selected for the panel?

I've heard this from two different sources. Neither are Gaels men but both would be reputable sources,Supposedly he was fit to play,but left out.
Very strange indeed and virtually unbelieveable that your key scoring forward in the league and probably the one good aspect of the NFL(Dunne's emergence) wasn't used.
We will hear more about this,i'm sure.

Westside

Wasn't Dunne left out of the 2010 U21 side by Hyland too? Perhaps there's an issue there. He definitely deserves his chance, he was our top scorer in the league and if fit had surely earned himself a place on the bench at the very least.

gortnaleck

I saw Dunne play a few times and I have to say he would not be great at winning ball. He is pretty accurate alright but  in Championship football you have to fight hard for every ball you get. I thought he had to beat the player a couple of times before he took his shot. As I said I didn't see him too often but that was my impression.

PhilsJemmysField

County lads trained in Lavey last night so the sound bites are we are going t take qualifiers seriously 

tommysmith

Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on May 24, 2012, 12:38:29 PM
County lads trained in Lavey last night so the sound bites are we are going t take qualifiers seriously

Thats good its shows a good attitude anyway.

Does anyone think Gearoid McKiernan has put on too much muscle?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: tommysmith on May 24, 2012, 12:48:29 PM
Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on May 24, 2012, 12:38:29 PM

Thats good its shows a good attitude anyway.

Does anyone think Gearoid McKiernan has put on too much muscle?

Not sure but Ray Cullivan has a problem with that imo as did Nicholas walsh before him.

whats my name

sj is now a kildare player lads

Seanie Johnston's appeal to the CAC has proven successful and he will be registered as a St Kevin's player.

The news means that Johnston's Cavan career is officially over after the Central Appeals Committee deemed that the ruling of the CCCC last week was incorrect. At that time the CCCC decided that the intercounty transfer from Cavan Gaels to St Kevins could not go ahead on the grounds of residency and ethos.

However the CAC ruled last night that the move should go ahead as: "there had been no objection by either Cavan Gaels or Cavan County Committee within the ten day time limit prescribed in the Official Guide."

Cavan Gaels tweeted this morning: "The longest on going saga in GAA is finally over."

Kildare FM broke the news earlier today and revealed that Croke Park had confirmed the news, with St Kevin's awaiting the papers which will allow him to line out for his new club.

Under rule Johnston cannot line out with Kildare until such time as he has played a club championship game within the county. He was ineligible to play in St Kevin's first round SFC game last weekend and currently the second round is not scheduled to take place until after Kieran McGeeney's team exit the championship.

Kildare play Offaly in the Leinster championship on June 17 and were St Kevin's second round match fixed before that date, then Johnston would be eligible to play for his new county.

tommysmith

Dont really give a shit about that he hasnt been a cavan player in almost a year now.

whats my name

i dont really care about him either good riddance is what i say to much has been made of it both in the media and in cavan gaa circles its time we moved on and concentrated on the real cavan players we have not just the ones who like to see their name in the paper and make headlines like jelly did the last few months

tommysmith

There wasnt to much chat about it on this thread anyway which says alot about the majority of posters here views on it.

scoopmine

As for the Johnston issue its over no point chatting over it. He is a kildare man now.

In regards to Gearoid McKiernan putting on too much muscle I think the way he runs esp when he is unfit makes him look alot worse than he is. As for Walsh putting on too much muscle in no way was he ever county class or have the skills G Mac has. Geariod is only starting at senior level with alot of hype and pressure. He was clearly not fit Sunday and when he is fit again hopefully with Givney the same the pair can break even with any team at midfield in the qualifers.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: scoopmine on May 24, 2012, 03:54:03 PM
As for the Johnston issue its over no point chatting over it. He is a kildare man now.

In regards to Gearoid McKiernan putting on too much muscle I think the way he runs esp when he is unfit makes him look alot worse than he is. As for Walsh putting on too much muscle in no way was he ever county class or have the skills G Mac has. Geariod is only starting at senior level with alot of hype and pressure. He was clearly not fit Sunday and when he is fit again hopefully with Givney the same the pair can break even with any team at midfield in the qualifers.

Walsh represented Ireland and went to Australia to play aussie rules. He had potential at that age but something ruined it. Part of his problem was he got as slow as a snail with all the weight in muscle he put on.

scoopmine

Still got him a nice job in assie land!

mylestheslasher

Has it been decided what weekend the backdoor games are on.