11   11   Drumgath
11   11   Bosco
12   11   Ardglass
12   7   Mitchels
11   6   Bright
12   6   St Pauls

Square Ball

Quote from: imagine on June 08, 2007, 11:57:47 PM
Just got word through the grapevine- a mate of mine rang me from the erigle .Bredagh contacted the county board and have been told the match result stands.What's this agenda you speak of passedit?

Yip I would like to know the agenda as well, wonder who contacted the county board, and who from the county board was contacted?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Minus15

Out in Front the bustling full forward you are referring to was Peter Farrelly. He came on as sub when the goalie Micky Doran got injured. Peter got married a couple of months ago and that was the first game he has played this season. Although carrying a bit of extra weight hes extremely useful and has a great pair of hands.

Glenn's manager is Paddy Kennedy who won an allstar playing for down at full back. Im a bit young to remember but i think it was in the early to mid eighties.

Out in Front

Minus15 - The guy was wearing number 18 and was on during the first half - goalkeeper was injured during the second. I take if from your description he's the same person.
He played well alright - got a great burst of speed.

Mourne Rover

Minus 15, Paddy Kennedy won both an Ulster Championship and his All Star in 1981. He also won an minor Alll Ireland in 1977 and an u21 all Ireland in 1979. I think he remains the only Down player to win an All Star but not a senior All Ireland.

Minus15

now when u say a great burst of speed i think that it may have been Davy bagnall in full forward. He also has a bit of weight he could do without.  we wore our second set of jersies due to the color clash and there was plenty missing so it was difficult for me to keep up with who was wearing what but Peter definitely came on when micky got injured at wing half forward and stephen Lennon went in goal.

Colonel Cool

Its not often a game is abandoned now a days. It must have been bad for the ref to abandon the match. I don't know how In the Onion can state that the result stands. The county Board have to discuss the refs report and they decide. The ref has 3 days to send in his report. Depending on what it says St Paul's could pay a heavy price. Threatening refs is frowned upon at County Board level.
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

DownFanatic

Latest Down ACFL Division 3 Table

Teconnaught   16
Saul   15
Tullylish   15
Dundrum   15
------------------------------------
Bredagh   15
Drumgath   13
Glenn   12
Bosco   11
------------------------------------
Ardglass   11
Mitchels   7
St Pauls   6
Bright   6

Outstanding Fixture

Tullylish v Bosco

Lecale2

The Colonel is right about the process the but result is very likely to stand. St Paul's have nothing to worry about but the individual will probably get 3 months.

stpauls

Lecale/Square Ball/ITOB,

were any of you's at the match last night? i don't want to sound biased or smell of sour grapes but did you think the ref over-reacted a little bit. The ref unjustifiably (?) send our corner back of on a straight red for some thing that was nothing more than a clumsy challenge, and then when our captain spoke to him later on after giving a stupid free, promptly send him off. He then decided to abandon the game when Gyp said some thing else to him, and told him he wouldn't be threatened!!! from what i have read on the tyrone thread, this guys seems to have caught MHS (Mickey Hughes Syndrome) and gone of on a power trip!!!!

passedit

QuoteSt Paul's have nothing to worry about

I wish I had your confidence Lecale, like I said there is another agenda here which will become clear in the fullness of time.
Don't Panic

pearses

St Pauls , I thought the corner back got sent off for a second yellow.  Actually Im pretty sure the ref showed the yellow then the red.  I thought when he made that tackle that he could be off.  Your captain got booked for giving off to the ref (i didnt hear what he said) but after the ref gave the yellow the captain kept talking which was a wee bit silly, but I can see why you's were losing the rag.  It was an awful game of football but with a bit of luck either team could have won and it just wasn't going you way.  As for the ref abondaning, I didn't even know until I was in the car on the way home. I just though the game was over cause we were well into injury time (6 mins according to one of our supporters). There didnt really seem any need for it to be abandoned, do you know what was said to the ref to make him do that?

east down gael

uselessfootballer

St Pauls, Pearses is spot on our corner back got 2 yellows both for highish tackles, our capt then got the same with at least one of his cards for dissent. The ref was getting stick from both lines for his decisions and seemed to be blowing in the wind a lot of the time re what to to. From were I was at least a couple of decisions seemed to go the was of popular support when he was near the Bredagh camp. I would nearly be of the opinion that the ref in the end was nearly looking for a reason/excuse to make a big gesture against the home team.

In saying that discipline or lack of has been a big problem for our senior team in the majority of matches this year and I'd say our reputation among refs is very low so they may be coming with preconceptions, unfortunately these are preconceptions that we are living up to/down to at present.

I would be more worried about what his report will say re the 2 egits of supporters who had a go verbally after he decided to walk off the park.

stpauls

UF,

i didn't see the yellow card before the red after the challenge, so wasn't too sure whether it was straight or not. a lot of the frees did look like he wasn't sure what he blew for then reacted to the crowd to give his decision.

our discipline can be explained when you see refereeing performances like this but we should learn that we are going to get nothing so we need to just keep our mouths shut! it worked for our 2 previous matches but it gets to a point when you can only take so many stupid decisions!!!!

with regards to our 'supporters' slabbering at the ref as he left the pitch, it is not on and i certainly don't condone it, but i can understand where they were coming from, very frustrating to watch and play in!!!