Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 24, 2022, 10:34:45 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on July 24, 2022, 10:31:54 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 24, 2022, 10:29:40 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on July 24, 2022, 10:27:15 PM
Less is more with pundits.

Eamon, Oisin and either Rory/Colm would be enough to get a proper discussion going.

Gooch is useless. There's no need for a ladies footballer.
She has most research done and knowledge among the pundits tonight.

Sure get a journalist in then.

They do research and know the game.

Plenty of the national journalists struggle with the correct spelling of names of players outside of Kerry,Dublin and Mayo.

Sorry, did the Dublin lady pass a spelling test that I wasn't aware of?

She has as much right to be sitting there as someone from a league of Ireland team.

An Watcher

All looks a bit awkward, 6 of them sitting in a semi circle looking at each other

screenexile

I have no problem with the female perspective just don't know why they need 6 people there.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: thewobbler on July 24, 2022, 10:38:18 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 24, 2022, 10:34:45 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on July 24, 2022, 10:31:54 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 24, 2022, 10:29:40 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on July 24, 2022, 10:27:15 PM
Less is more with pundits.

Eamon, Oisin and either Rory/Colm would be enough to get a proper discussion going.

Gooch is useless. There's no need for a ladies footballer.
She has most research done and knowledge among the pundits tonight.

Sure get a journalist in then.

They do research and know the game.

Plenty of the national journalists struggle with the correct spelling of names of players outside of Kerry,Dublin and Mayo.

Sorry, did the Dublin lady pass a spelling test that I wasn't aware of?

She has as much right to be sitting there as someone from a league of Ireland team.

If she was doing badly as a pundit you might have a point.

smort

She has spoke better than the two colms and rory

Sportacus

Quote from: thewobbler on July 24, 2022, 10:36:52 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on July 24, 2022, 10:34:21 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on July 24, 2022, 10:23:25 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 24, 2022, 10:20:49 PM
Quote from: smort on July 24, 2022, 10:06:11 PM
Why do they need 6 people on the panel tonight

Two Kerry's tonight and one Kerry earlier. Yet no one from Galway. How can you give fair analysis with that type of representation.

Token broad has to be factored in too
The one who's a medical doctor and has five All Ireland's.

Not sure how being a medical professional is relevant.

Really not sure how winning trophies in a completely different completion is relevant.
Just calling out the shitty term "broad".  She's a top class person in every sense and is adding to the panel.

Not sure how being a woman is relevant - she can watch the game and analyse just as well as the next person.

thewobbler

And that's my point.

If all we want is someone to research and speak well, get in a journalist.

Don't pretend to me that someone who played ladies football has the right to be sitting among all Ireland winners, discussing the all Ireland final on national tv.

Gael80

Good show tonight, they dealt with that free discussion well I thought, even introducing a bit of humour to it, best linking it to another free. I'm sure there isn't much humour in the Galway camp over it though, it led to Kerry's late surge. You could sense the awkwardness in the studio with the two Kerry lads there.

Mayo Border

So will Dublin Des circle his panel and solemnly ask each one "Will Galway win the All Ireland next year"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gael80 on July 24, 2022, 10:46:56 PM
Good show tonight, they dealt with that free discussion well I thought, even introducing a bit of humour to it, best linking it to another free. I'm sure there isn't much humour in the Galway camp over it though, it led to Kerry's late surge. You could sense the awkwardness in the studio with the two Kerry lads there.

Haven't watched clip again, was the initial 'tackle' around the neck like someone said earlier?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: thewobbler on July 24, 2022, 10:45:48 PM
And that's my point.

Don't pretend to me that someone who played ladies football has the right to be sitting among all Ireland winners, discussing the all Ireland final on national tv.

She has spoken as well if not better than most on the panel why shouldn't she be there? Who makes the rules on that? What right does having an All Ireland medal give you to commentate on a game?

Communication skills and voicing your opinion eloquently is much more important in that scenario rather than medals won!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on July 24, 2022, 11:05:05 PM
And that's my point.

She has spoken as well if not better than most on the panel why shouldn't she be there? Who makes the rules on that? What right does having an All Ireland medal give you to commentate on a game?

Communication skills and voicing your opinion eloquently is much more important in that scenario rather than medals won!

Then what's stopping you from being on?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

smort

Some shocking attitudes here

thewobbler

Quote from: screenexile on July 24, 2022, 11:05:05 PM
And that's my point.

But it's not. 30 seconds of Rory Gallagher describing pitch invasions and a county getting behind their team from an internal perspective, is great to listen to.

The Dublin girl can't do that. She could talk perfect sense for four hours straight but cannot produce nuggets like that.

ONeill

You want people on who see things you don't, and aren't afeard to express it.

Oisin, McGinley, Brolly and Spillane have it.

The rest you can sort of predict their answers.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.