Dublin v Kerry AISF

Started by tonto1888, June 29, 2022, 09:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportacus

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 10, 2022, 05:27:33 PM
Have to laugh at the comments that the ref helped Dublin
3 big calls - the penalty, the boot in the keepers mush and the free at the end. All went Kerry's way. All incorrect.
Have to laugh at you having to laugh.  Even if you were right, and I don't think you are, what goes around comes around - I'm remembering Peter Crowley getting emptied in 2016 and no free to Kerry at a crucial stage. Cost them the game.  Them's the breaks as the man said.

OakLeaf

Kerry fully deserved to win. Saying that the referee favoured Kerry is delusional. As usual Dublin the home town team got the rub of the green. Kerry made hard work of it though.

Milltown Row2

The penalty was a stonewall penalty.. actually it was a deliberate trip black card if you were looking to be going by book, the keeper should have got a yellow for feigning an injury because after the penalty call he was chasing the ref around the pitch!! Twat..

The ball bounced up and it was ok for going g to or it.. the free out was after the keeper had the ball and touched inside the small box.

The time wasting for the black card was embarrassing

Dublin certainly got a few handy ones throughout the game and while I thought the last free was soft it was no softer than some of the other frees given. Best team won, Dublin looked lost till they scored the goal
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 10, 2022, 09:53:29 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 10, 2022, 08:31:42 PM
Then playing the arsehole shaking the goals for the last free. Sort of shit you'd see at a junior B game.
Was just checking the T.O. and the penalty for doing the above is (just) a yellow card. I didn't see he game on the TV, just listened to BBC radio coverage - was he booked?

It is actually a yellow card ball moved to a more favourable position
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

In the 81 minutes of action I thought Kerry was a few points the better team, the Dubs had their purple patch 2nd half which was included a goal against the run of play and eventually drew level but from watching it live in Croke park i always felt Kerry had control of the contest and would win be it late on as they did or in extra time.

13 long year wait for Kerry to beat Dublin is over and not surprised once they improved the team defensively that win would come.  Interesting final ahead no doubt most will see Kerry winning comfortably i think it will be closer than most think especially if Galway bring the required intensity and get the match ups right on Kerry's key players.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 10, 2022, 10:12:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2022, 09:59:25 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 10, 2022, 09:53:29 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 10, 2022, 08:31:42 PM
Then playing the arsehole shaking the goals for the last free. Sort of shit you'd see at a junior B game.
Was just checking the T.O. and the penalty for doing the above is (just) a yellow card. I didn't see he game on the TV, just listened to BBC radio coverage - was he booked?

Presumably both football playing rules 4.19 & 4.36 count, then?

I can't quote the rule number lol! But look even speech play allows the ref to allow the free to be retaken again, players supporters haven't a clue sometimes

Saffrongael

Quote from: Sportacus on July 10, 2022, 09:40:03 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 10, 2022, 05:27:33 PM
Have to laugh at the comments that the ref helped Dublin
3 big calls - the penalty, the boot in the keepers mush and the free at the end. All went Kerry's way. All incorrect.
Have to laugh at you having to laugh.  Even if you were right, and I don't think you are, what goes around comes around - I'm remembering Peter Crowley getting emptied in 2016 and no free to Kerry at a crucial stage. Cost them the game.  Them's the breaks as the man said.

Dessie Farrell said it was a free at the end
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 10, 2022, 10:27:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2022, 10:19:02 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 10, 2022, 10:12:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2022, 09:59:25 PM
Presumably both football playing rules 4.19 & 4.36 count, then?

I can't quote the rule number lol! But look even speech play allows the ref to allow the free to be retaken again, players supporters haven't a clue sometimes
Houl on...

4.19 To interfere with a player taking a free kick, sideline kick or kick-out by jumping up and down, waving hands, or any other physical or verbal interference considered by the referee to be aimed at distracting the player taking the kick. Exception:  A player holding his hands upright shall not constitute an interference. PENALTY FOR THE ABOVE FOULS - Free kick 13m more advantageous than the place of original kick - up to opponents' 13m line.

4.36 To interfere with goalposts to distract opponents or to gain an advantage. PENALTY FOR THE ABOVE FOULS - Caution offender; order off for second cautionable foul.

So he should have been booked, which would merely serve to "ice the kicker"...ref didn't buy it though.

End of game management in such scenarios is crucial...I wonder did Kerry consider dragging down every opponent when the resulting kickout was about to be taken?

clarshack

The more you see it that was never a free at the end. The Dubs were robbed.

screenexile

Quote from: clarshack on July 10, 2022, 10:48:55 PM

🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Clifford won the ball and his man fell over the top of him I do t get people saying it was soft. You know as a back if you're behind and you don't get a punch on the ball most times you're conceding a free it was 100% a free!

screenexile

Sunday Game having a competition as to who has the most boring voice... I can't call it!!

Jim Bob

Quote from: screenexile on July 10, 2022, 10:54:22 PM
Sunday Game having a competition as to who has the most boring voice... I can't call it!!

Watch something else

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on July 10, 2022, 10:53:28 PM
Quote from: clarshack on July 10, 2022, 10:48:55 PM

🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Clifford won the ball and his man fell over the top of him I do t get people saying it was soft. You know as a back if you're behind and you don't get a punch on the ball most times you're conceding a free it was 100% a free!

And generally that's correct, but still soft (ish) could have let it develop a second or two and maybe a closer in free

yellowcard

I thought Kerry were the better side overall and it was just pure muscle memory and reputation that kept Dublin in the match. I thought the referee done well, the O'Shea kick to the head was purely accidental in my opinion. Something will have to be done about the time wasting around black cards though, Tyrone done the same thing against Armagh earlier in the championship but there's not much a referee can do about it.

Overall I was a bit underwhelmed by Kerry though. Take the 2 Clifford's and O'Shea out of that side and they are nothing special. Galway will go into the final as big underdogs but I think they have a decent punchers chance.

snoopdog

You could have a separate clock for the blackcard. A clock that stops everytime play stops.