FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Started by laoislad, April 01, 2022, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Harsh scoreline on Morocco more than held their own against the hot favourites France in that match.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

From the Bunker

France solid. Hard to beat experience and guile.

Great effort and great tournament for Morocco.

Armagh18

Enjoyable game, France rode their luck, Morocco did rightly but France solid.  Would expect France to beat Argentina but my predictions are shite, will be a real battle on Sunday.

Blowitupref

Karim Benzema back for the final?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

From the Bunker

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 14, 2022, 09:02:52 PM

They can draft him in if they want - would be a big call.

AustinPowers

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 14, 2022, 09:11:15 PM

Is he going to do  a Stevie o'neill?

How can they call  him in though? WAS HE part of the official squad?

SHEEDY

Benzema isn't in the French squad
nil satis nisi optimum

Armagh18

Quote from: AustinPowers on December 14, 2022, 09:22:42 PM

Is he going to do  a Stevie o'neill?

How can they call  him in though? WAS HE part of the official squad?
Was part of the 26 (23)? and they never replaced him in hope he'd be fit i think. Can't see him playing

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: laoislad on December 14, 2022, 07:57:27 PM
The foul the Moroccon player got booked for could as easily been a penalty in his favour I thought.

I didn't understand that decision at all. Thought it was a nailed-on penalty myself.  Might have swung the game too.

Wildweasel74

It was nearly a leg breaker for both lads either way.

Milltown Row2

Defender plays ball first attacker trips over defender... no one complained on the pitch,  Big Rio was the only one that said it. Easiest decision and best refereeing performance all tournament
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jell 0 Biafra

Can't find it on youtube, and would have to see it again to be sure.  But you can get the ball first, and follow through and it still be a foul.  That's how it looked to me when watching live.

No idea what my Spanish language commentator had to say about it.

Captain Obvious

Fernando Santos steps down as Portugal manager. Jose Mourinho strongly tipped to replace him.

laoislad

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 15, 2022, 12:06:24 AM
Can't find it on youtube, and would have to see it again to be sure.  But you can get the ball first, and follow through and it still be a foul.  That's how it looked to me when watching live.

No idea what my Spanish language commentator had to say about it.
Yes, definitely a decision that could have went either way. The Ref was very quick to give the Morocco player a yellow so maybe VAR weren't gonna over turn it because of that even if it was a peno.
A few seasons ago Liverpool had a peno given against them for something very similar when Fabinho won the ball first but followed through in the tackle, think it was against Sheffield United.
Could very easily have happened the other night also and like you said would have changed the whole game.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.