Hurling 2022

Started by Dag Dog, January 17, 2022, 02:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: clonadmad on July 14, 2022, 09:48:02 AM
Bonnar lost the dressing room due to the training regime not being up to scratch

When players are being put through more intensive and modern routines with their clubs,you have a problem

Cahill not happy with the carryon in Waterford from the likes of the Bennett's and McGrath agitating behind the scenes

Having won a minor,an u20 and a u21 with the younger members of the panel

He's the front runner if he doesn't have the job already

Derek? What's he been up to?

Cahill has brought Waterford on since McGraths reign, no doubt, but the championship run petered out terribly for them and that might take some getting over.

marty34

Quote from: johnnycool on July 14, 2022, 10:23:45 AM
Quote from: clonadmad on July 14, 2022, 09:48:02 AM
Bonnar lost the dressing room due to the training regime not being up to scratch

When players are being put through more intensive and modern routines with their clubs,you have a problem

Cahill not happy with the carryon in Waterford from the likes of the Bennett's and McGrath agitating behind the scenes

Having won a minor,an u20 and a u21 with the younger members of the panel

He's the front runner if he doesn't have the job already

Derek? What's he been up to?

Cahill has brought Waterford on since McGraths reign, no doubt, but the championship run petered out terribly for them and that might take some getting over.

Is he still not helping Laois minors?

Wonder would he be interested in their senior team?  Bit of travel though.

Mc Grath always seem to mention Waterford players in his Sunday Game slot when he was covering their game on TSG - as if he was still in touch with them etc.

johnnycool

Cain Lynch seems to have picked up another injury and not likely to feature on Sunday.

Does the pendulum swing slightly to the Cats?

Limerick are better geared defensively to nullify the kilkenny aerial game irrespective of who rotates where.

Both Finn and Casey will be comfortable with either TJ or Eoin Cody in company, heck so would Nash if push come to shove so if the aerial possession isn't garnering scores to the same extent they did vrs Clare then the scores will need to come from long distance and that will be a true test of the new found ability to play through the lines as Limerick are the masters of turn overs in their opponents defensive area.

Do Limerick start with Mulcahy and Morrissey in the forwards? Whilst Mulcahy offers a busy presence in there he's ineffectual a lot of the time in the scoring front, Tom hasn't been great either this year TBH but seems to start, but with Peter Casey available, does one lose out or do they start the same and bring on players?

Not sure Lyons will let them at it in the same way Keenan did in the Munster final and that may suit Kilkenny IMO as TJ will put everything between the posts and so might Guillane and Byrnes but no one wants to see a free taking fest with loads of yellows dished out..

Roll on Sunday..

marty34

Another factor on Sunday will be the heat - going to be late 20's by all accounts. Serious heat.

I suppose better losing Lynch now than having him on and getting injured and 'wasting' a sub. Don't know if Casey fully ready yet, he came back very very quick. Lynch, in my opinion, would have started. Again David Reidy good at coming off the bench so Kiely might keep him under wraps until 20 mins to go.  Only other one could be Cathal O'Neill, who has had loads of game time but is still young. Might go with Mulcahy in there, take him out and free up space for Gillane and Flannagan. Can't see Hego, Tom M, etc. all mis-firing as bad again.

Limerick have probably the most under-rated player in O'Donovan at mid-field. Creates a lot and is alway busy in there. A lot of unseen work. Will O is more of an enforcer, alà Mick Fennelly.

I wonder would Cody throw WW in there and put him and T.J. on the square? Maybe keep that as an option?

Should be a cracker.

johnnycool

Quote from: marty34 on July 14, 2022, 01:06:03 PM
Another factor on Sunday will be the heat - going to be late 20's by all accounts. Serious heat.

I suppose better losing Lynch now than having him on and getting injured and 'wasting' a sub. Don't know if Casey fully ready yet, he came back very very quick. Lynch, in my opinion, would have started. Again David Reidy good at coming off the bench so Kiely might keep him under wraps until 20 mins to go.  Only other one could be Cathal O'Neill, who has had loads of game time but is still young. Might go with Mulcahy in there, take him out and free up space for Gillane and Flannagan. Can't see Hego, Tom M, etc. all mis-firing as bad again.

Limerick have probably the most under-rated player in O'Donovan at mid-field. Creates a lot and is alway busy in there. A lot of unseen work. Will O is more of an enforcer, alà Mick Fennelly.

I wonder would Cody throw WW in there and put him and T.J. on the square? Maybe keep that as an option?

Should be a cracker.

WW would be a wrecking ball in there, but I don't rate his hurling at this level, very slow and laboured. He's the opposite of being able to get a stroke away in phone box, he needs a good half acre. In those heavy exchanges he'd need to go in a clear a Limerick man or two out and leave the ball for some of the other lads.

Blowitupref

Looks like a warm on alright. A return of the water breaks?

QuoteIreland will experience a hot spell Sunday and into early next week. Day time temperatures will widely reach the high twenties, possibly exceeding 30 degrees in some locations.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

johnnycool

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 14, 2022, 01:58:49 PM

QuoteIreland will experience a hot spell Sunday and into early next week. Day time temperatures will widely reach the high twenties, possibly exceeding 30 degrees in some locations.

the return of Maor Uisce's it seems.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Fingers crossed for a good one , heading down Saturday. Think we need a ding dong after Clare's poor semi showing

marty34

Quote from: johnnycool on July 15, 2022, 12:36:16 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 14, 2022, 01:58:49 PM

the return of Maor Uisce's it seems.

Aye, let them run on and off.

Going to be hot.

Saffrongael

A few Nally Stand tickets on Ticketmaster today
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on July 15, 2022, 01:04:32 PM

Didn't hear tickets were a problem this year... people tightening their belts.. Transport, food, drinks, and ticket can add up to an expensive day or overnight accommodation adds more to that!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2022, 01:13:02 PM

Didn't hear tickets were a problem this year... people tightening their belts.. Transport, food, drinks, and ticket can add up to an expensive day or overnight accommodation adds more to that!

Thats my feeling, people really feeling it, but hope it sells out. £550-600 is what I expect it to cost us(depending on how the drinks go Sat). I usually go up and down just

imtommygunn

Cahill gone from Waterford.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 15, 2022, 01:47:04 PM
Cahill gone from Waterford.

Let the musical chairs begin.

Wee Davy will be on the sniff...

He won't get Tipp, so the Dubs or back to the Blah's it is..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 15, 2022, 01:29:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2022, 01:13:02 PM

Thats my feeling, people really feeling it, but hope it sells out. £550-600 is what I expect it to cost us(depending on how the drinks go Sat). I usually go up and down just

Well that cost of living payment should help with the costs ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea