Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flanker

Good luck to the 2 schools in Mclarnon cup semi finals today and tomorrow. Would be good to have 2 really competitive performances.
Has the Antrim Schools competition ignited a little more interest and led to more competitive performances across the ulster colleges competitions

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: Saffsof82 on January 26, 2023, 01:51:17 PM
I'd expect Lynch to start at full back, too soon for young Hynds, centre back will be a huge issue, Andy seems to favour Finnegan but that wouldn't fill me with confidence.

Finnegan starts. Lynch at full back
Hearing a few older men back for this one looks like a stronger line up.

imtommygunn

Could you post the lineup?

bannside

Very tough division 3 this year, looks like a league everyone will be winning a few and losing a few. Two points on Sunday would be fantastic, at least give us something to hold on to, as 4 points might keep us safe.

Having said that anything short of relegation will be a massive achievement. Good luck to all involved.

imtommygunn

Rathmore won 1-10 to 0-8 in mclarnon semi final. Any word on the other one? Be nice to see an all antrim final.

[Edit] Ah I see it's not until tomorrow.

Sportacus

It's very encouraging to see Rathmore reach the MacLarnon Final. We need colleges football in the county. Maybe they could push on and think about MacRory in years to come.

Saffsof82

St Louis will be up against it . Donagh more an excellent team spearheaded by the very talented Noah grimes and backbones by Joey Clarke. The likes of Mcferran and Mccloskey from dunloy are good ballers, cal O'Brien all saints an excellent goal threat and big Higgins at full back is a no non sense teak tough lad so Bmena have plenty of quality and they did beat st joes in the group if I remember correctly.

EOC1923

Disappointing end at Corrigan, game was there for the taking. Offaly's young team had started strong but got a bit leggy. Missed chances cost in the end, particularly the 1-1 from the lad Finnegan who came on and other goal chances particularly Ruairi McCann of Creggan's chance. Could be a long league campaign.

realisticsaff

Quote from: EOC1923 on January 29, 2023, 04:31:36 PM
Disappointing end at Corrigan, game was there for the taking. Offaly's young team had started strong but got a bit leggy. Missed chances cost in the end, particularly the 1-1 from the lad Finnegan who came on and other goal chances particularly Ruairi McCann of Creggan's chance. Could be a long league campaign.

We are completely hopeless and the rot started after last years league, absolute certs for Division 4 and the scoreline flattered us because Offaly took the foot off the gas in the 2nd half. Depressing to think we could easily not a win a game this whole year.

bannside

Or you can take into consideration the 3 - 10 of very scorable opportunities that werent converted! That's the most frustrating thing, the chances were there to take something out of the game.

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: bannside on January 29, 2023, 05:14:40 PM
Or you can take into consideration the 3 - 10 of very scorable opportunities that werent converted! That's the most frustrating thing, the chances were there to take something out of the game.

Any amount of goal chances 2nd half fell to wrong players
Eastwood really should have scored as far as young Finnegans chance I really just don't know how it was possible to miss it. Roll on to next week in Newry to an in form Down its not looking great even at this early stage.

BrendanAntrim

Very frustrating. But there were positives, that was a different team / set up / performance than the Cavan championship match last year. We need to settle on a free taker, a county team not scoring from frees and 45s is destined to fail. Yes we had goal chances, a few of them, on another day they would be taken and we'd have had the draw or a win.

BrendanAntrim

Side note - a good size crowd there today

EOC1923

Would have to question the calibre of player we are bringing off the bench, Finnegan and Mervyn are no where near at the level, and without wanting to be insulting, wouldn't get near a decent club teams starting 15. One of the best players in Antrim Sean O Neill never got a second. Baffling !

Spike

To paraphrase Alex.Ferguson's single line team talk about Spurs

''Lads, its Offaly''

Too many out of their depth but McEntee needs time to view and assess players.  We have all seen the pre-season training superstars.  Had hoped McEntee would have worked it out quicker and trusted his own council.but seems he will need more time.    Newry a big ask but I am sure McEntee will set  the challenge