Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on June 15, 2022, 08:58:13 AM
Aye CB. Lighten up man. The whole world dosent hate Cargin. As I said before, you set the template for others to meet.

Big parish derby tonight though, who will have the bragging rights around the loughshore tomorrow and one hand on the silverware. Both teams missing a couple, so fairly even on that score. Should be a cracking contest.

MR who do you fancy....lol.

Have a few relations playing or having played for other units in the county and having listened to them BS I would beg to disagree......

bannside

Young fellas nowadays.....winding the oul uncle up about his beloved Cargin! Don't be falling for that nonsense CB. Cargin still the aristocrats of the SW, though Creggan making a bold move on that title. All the rest way down the pecking order!

EOC1923

Not going to mention the Creggan game, enough talk of it already. In other games I expect wins for;
St Johns, Portglenone, St Endas, St Brigids, Ahoghill. A win for Ahoghill would possibly drag Aghagallon right down into the relegation mix. Is there relegation this season?

Lár na páirce 1

Relegation yes.i would say Aghagallon are in trouble this year

Dunsilly King

to clarify, are St Johns, LD, Cargin & Creggan (I know Creggan & Cargin are at semifinal stage if they get that far) all on the same side of the draw?

Lár na páirce 1

Dunsilly King

I didn't realise it was so lop sided, I thought the posters keeping BS going about getting to the final, was just that, a bit of criac. That is a seriously handy draw. I'm sure St Brigids will be eyeing it up as well.

bannside

We know that all of Moneyglass St Brigid's and Ahoghill won't fear us and could put us to the sword on any given day.  And that's just in our initial group. None of those are gimmes, we will be treating them all with plenty of respect when the time comes. Two of them beat us in championship last year! 

Rodger Mona

BS if you cant beat them teams then please dont mention the good work thats going on around portglenone again on this board.

Something would be badly wrong if ports dont get to the final. Though at the same time this team, historically have choked at semi stage.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Dunsilly King on June 15, 2022, 01:10:24 PM
to clarify, are St Johns, LD, Cargin & Creggan (I know Creggan & Cargin are at semifinal stage if they get that far) all on the same side of the draw?

They are indeed on the same side of the worst 'seeded' draw
ever..
If Casement's do not make the final they may as well give up.

barnish oggie

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on June 15, 2022, 01:09:12 PM

What is the set up with relegation?

Is it bottom team goes down and 2nd bottom goes into playoff with 2nd in Div 2?

Someone had said to be before that it was going to be the bottom 3 teams involved in relegation but maybe that is wrong.

Belfast GAA man

i said aghagallon got an easy road to the final last year and got lambasted on this . very average team any time i saw them 

delgany

Quote from: barnish oggie on June 15, 2022, 03:23:41 PM
Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on June 15, 2022, 01:09:12 PM

What is the set up with relegation?

Is it bottom team goes down and 2nd bottom goes into playoff with 2nd in Div 2?

This is the correct process for relegation from Div1 and 2.
League re structuring will be discussed at county convention for 2024.

EOC1923

Wouldn't be on for dads taking county teams myself but at levels like U14 I'd say there's not too many sticking their names in.

breakingball

Another big win for gort away to st brigid's. Keeps their hopes of survival alive. The great escape is still on. Looks a 4 horse race at the bottom now.

All other games seemed to go as expected.