Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

Quote from: EOC1923 on February 03, 2022, 04:04:50 PM
What if I want to play now, but they don't start until the end of April?

Im sure , you can book a 3g and invite  a few clubs along by yourself !

EOC1923

That's a great idea, I'll do that. And thanks it's great to know everything in Antrim is perfect. Cheers

Saffsof82

Quote from: EOC1923 on February 03, 2022, 04:26:33 PM
That's a great idea, I'll do that. And thanks it's great to know everything in Antrim is perfect. Cheers

There was a message out during the week from sw about go games starting in a couple of weeks and asking who wanted a team in, think Karol Doherty is the organiser , you should give him a ring sure.

Milltown Row2

Would Derry invite you into their go games while waiting on Antrim go games are fixed?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Quote from: Saffsof82 on February 03, 2022, 04:59:37 PM

There was a message out during the week from sw about go games starting in a couple of weeks and asking who wanted a team in, think Karol Doherty is the organiser , you should give him a ring sure.
Good man thanks

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 03, 2022, 05:54:19 PM

Would Derry invite you into their go games while waiting on Antrim go games are fixed?
What a stupid snide comment, as expected from yourself.

delgany

Quote from: EOC1923 on February 03, 2022, 05:59:04 PM

Plenty of Go games
U8s max 7 a side :  10am to 11am (Open cages at Brooke LC

U9   max 7 a side :   11am to 12 noon (Open cages at Brooke LC

U7 max   7 a side  :  12 noon -2pm  ( Covered cages at Brooke LC

U10 max 6 a side :   12 noon -1pm ( Open cages at Brooke LC

U11 max 11 a side : 12 noon -3pm Woodlands 4G

Starting 26th Feb

Milltown Row2

Relax, you are on their doorstep, and with the effort they are putting into go games and juvenile set ups and schools then it would be a good idea, while waiting on the next Antrim one to fill in there?

Very touchy, you're the one being snide about Antrim being rosy. I was just asking the question, but I'm snide.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: delgany on February 03, 2022, 06:44:28 PM

Plenty of Go games

Apparently not, you've just put that up there to take the piss  ::)

EOC1923

Thanks for the info delgany, although it has no relevance to any Sw club when's it starting looks good. My point was in the SW Go games aren't planned to start until after Easter (I was told this recently by Karol). I was pointing out we are missing a trick not starting earlier.
MR2 great to see you are interested in go games, this could be your new forte.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on February 03, 2022, 06:58:00 PM
Thanks for the info delgany, although it has no relevance to any Sw club when's it starting looks good. My point was in the SW Go games aren't planned to start until after Easter (I was told this recently by Karol). I was pointing out we are missing a trick not starting earlier.

I was involved with go games from the very start, I was also involved with the indoor hurling when I started.

I did take that age group for many years. Travelled the length and breadth of the province.

We organised tournaments and then other clubs did the same, the set up was given and the clubs got on with it.

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 03, 2022, 07:03:38 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on February 03, 2022, 06:58:00 PM

I was involved with go games from the very start, I was also involved with the indoor hurling when I started.

I did take that age group for many years. Travelled the length and breadth of the province.

We organised tournaments and then other clubs did the same, the set up was given and the clubs got on with it.

Lack of 3g pitches may be the main problem

erinsboy

EOC is 💯% right about go games.last year was what it was because of covid and we got games for the kids and in the circumstances it was ok.It has been mentioned before about having to compete with soccer and matches every week with the go games it is a game every 3 weeks which isn't enough.The kids need more games and we need a way of keeping the teams more evenly matched so the games are competitive while still fun as there is to many miss matches especially at u9&u11 and nobody develops or learns at that age from getting badly beaten.Not sure how we sort this possibly the results from first few games are recorded and then groups are made according to how the teams preformed .Good coaching is the most important aspect as everyone knows but good competitive games regularly has to help the standard of kids entering year 8 and being of a standard that they can compete for there place on school teams.We need to change things as we can't keep doing the same thing and questioning what other counties are doing when we are at the bottom of the pile.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: delgany on February 03, 2022, 06:44:28 PM

Plenty of Go games

Starting 26th Feb
Is that football? that's encourging to see and didn't have to ring anyone to find out :o

GAABoardMod5

This thread is turning into hard work for a Mod.

Posters seem to be aware of each other's identity and make seemingly crass comments toward each other.  Sometimes it looks like banter, but sometimes it hits a harder blow.

So I'll ask ALL posters to cop on a small bit.  Leave the personal stuff off the board.

Otherwise bans will be forthcoming.

Mod5