Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 5498310 times)

rogercasement

• View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #40170 on: January 09, 2022, 02:44:12 PM »
Should Antrim u20s minus a few be losing so heavily to Donegal? Genuine question, don't know the circumstances but seems strange. If I'm being disrespectful to Donegal I apologise.

Yes, disrespectful to Donegal. Stick to football thread please

I wasn't putting Donegal hurling down, quite the opposite I was putting Antrim hurling down. Just because I am not from a hurling club doesn't mean I can't have an opinion o  it.

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40171 on: January 09, 2022, 02:52:59 PM »
Should Antrim u20s minus a few be losing so heavily to Donegal? Genuine question, don't know the circumstances but seems strange. If I'm being disrespectful to Donegal I apologise.

Yes, disrespectful to Donegal. Stick to football thread please

I wasn't putting Donegal hurling down, quite the opposite I was putting Antrim hurling down. Just because I am not from a hurling club doesn't mean I can't have an opinion o  it.

Iíve read your opinions on things, young lads lacking fortitude, on referees, even your predictions on games during the year, so forgive me poop poohing your take on the under 20 hurling team playing a seasoned senior hurling county team.

Why a grown man would take cheap shots at young lads is beyond me!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rogercasement

• View Profile
« Reply #40172 on: January 09, 2022, 03:22:11 PM »
You really are some boy MR2 how you figure half that stuff out is beyond me.

Cannon Fodder

• View Profile
« Reply #40173 on: January 09, 2022, 07:55:05 PM »
U20 team was physically pushed about by the more mature Donegal team. 6 starters yesterday were U18 so a bit on the light side yet for senior hurling. Donegal the better team on a wet Dunsilly pitch.

Remember this is not U20 v U20

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #40174 on: January 10, 2022, 09:36:46 AM »
U20 team was physically pushed about by the more mature Donegal team. 6 starters yesterday were U18 so a bit on the light side yet for senior hurling. Donegal the better team on a wet Dunsilly pitch.

This.

A county the size of Antrim really shouldn't be playing lads with three years left this level. Where's all the U19's and U20's that have went through the various development squads?

FWIW Donegal are a handy team full of good big hurlers so playing Antrim U20's in the middle of January on a heavy pitch and beating them isn't a surprise and if anything Antrim U20's could be better off for it.

Saffsof82

• View Profile
« Reply #40175 on: January 10, 2022, 09:58:00 AM »
would think antrim u20s lost alot of their last year players to uu and queens

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #40176 on: January 10, 2022, 11:40:58 AM »

This.

A county the size of Antrim really shouldn't be playing lads with three years left this level. Where's all the U19's and U20's that have went through the various development squads?

FWIW Donegal are a handy team full of good big hurlers so playing Antrim U20's in the middle of January on a heavy pitch and beating them isn't a surprise and if anything Antrim U20's could be better off for it.

Thought they done well to score what they did , they will have learnt more than Donegal

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #40177 on: January 10, 2022, 02:20:32 PM »
Only reason the u20s being pressed into action is the number of absentees from the senior squad currently from what I have been told.

podge

• View Profile
« Reply #40178 on: January 10, 2022, 07:57:51 PM »

This.

Same thought struck me. Some of these guys are way too light for this. In fairness it may be that a lot of the u20s are elsewhere due to combination of the antrim senior squad being light (don't think any of the Dunloy lads started yesterday) and perhaps others playing for UU or QUB.  It may also be general apathy towards this age group.

Hoof Hearted

• Oh Yeessss !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40179 on: January 13, 2022, 07:29:04 PM »
Sambo on laochra gael tonight at 9.30
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #40180 on: January 13, 2022, 10:55:37 PM »
I feel a Brendan Crossan special coming on.

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #40181 on: January 13, 2022, 11:49:07 PM »

Lol cert

Who is Antrimís best ever hurler?

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #40182 on: January 14, 2022, 07:44:03 AM »
My da says Eddie Donnelly. Hard to say. Mckillen, oíkane, sambo and boys like that great too.

Oh yeah McManus I am sure up there too.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 07:50:49 AM by imtommygunn »

Saffrongael

• View Profile
« Reply #40183 on: January 14, 2022, 07:56:47 AM »

Lol

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #40184 on: January 14, 2022, 07:58:05 AM »
My da says Eddie Donnelly. Hard to say. Mckillen, oíkane, sambo and boys like that great too.

Oh yeah McManus I am sure up there too.

I would say if we were compiling a top ten of Antrim hurlers (club or county) over the years Sambo would struggle to make the top ten.

Biggest profiles do not always match up to the best hurlers.