Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on January 09, 2022, 08:52:53 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 08, 2022, 11:32:16 PM
Quote from: rogercasement on January 08, 2022, 10:46:14 PM
Should Antrim u20s minus a few be losing so heavily to Donegal? Genuine question, don't know the circumstances but seems strange. If I'm being disrespectful to Donegal I apologise.

Yes, disrespectful to Donegal. Stick to football thread please
For someone who runs about getting people banned you are not very welcoming, no class, as for your refereeing

No class?

Did you read your post?

And what's my refereeing got to do with your post putting down Donegal hurling?

Like I said, stick to the football.

As for getting people banned, that clampit did that all by himself
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

I was a wee bit shocked myself when I saw the result. Would expect an Antrim U-20 team to be beating a weaker Ulster counties senior team.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 09, 2022, 10:43:28 AM
I was a wee bit shocked myself when I saw the result. Would expect an Antrim U-20 team to be beating a weaker Ulster counties senior team.

At club level this year alone we'd no winners of provincial championships, didn't get to the semifinals in the lower championships and beat handy in senior.

Under20 is young, even college hurling is older again, Donegal ain't bad, disappointing but not shocked.

Tipp thought they would throw out a second string v Kerry, got their asses handed to them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffsof82

Why would you just expect that?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Cloud cuckoo land yous boys living in.  Derry struggled to beat this team last year ,won by point in the end
Donegal are 4th strongest in Ulster now easily .

They have really good homegrown hurlers plus boys from Tyrone, Armagh, Clare, Galway, Antrim and Limerick

nrico2006

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 09, 2022, 11:41:29 AM

Cloud cuckoo land yous boys living in.  Derry struggled to beat this team last year ,won by point in the end

They have really good homegrown hurlers plus boys from Tyrone, Armagh, Clare, Galway, Antrim and Limerick

Plus Tipperary. Didn't think they had anybody from Antrim though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 09, 2022, 11:49:53 AM

sorry you are correct I thought they had the setanta keeper (belfast) in nets

Lord Antrim

It is apparent that they used McGurk this year to give run out to U20s in prep for championship later on. The only issue there is that team is weakened by Uni's being able to select eligible county players. Possibly 6-8 missing and maybe more.
I also heard there were some injuries(Bicky and Rian) and some mnssing due to isolation weaking group even further.
Of the starting 15 , 3 of the boys were last years Minors so probably still not 18.
Is that the best way to proceed I'm not sure as we all know you can have all the skill but boys against men is different.
If we have yearly Dev  squads what has happened to Minor team and Celtic challenge teams / players  from those age groups.
We are way short in strength and physicality  to be honest we might struggle to get out of Ulster.
You need a balance between man strength and underlying skill.
No easy answers and in reality probably only 2-3 of this group will end up Senior county players

nrico2006

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 09, 2022, 12:08:28 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 09, 2022, 11:49:53 AM

sorry you are correct I thought they had the setanta keeper (belfast) in nets

Actually thought it was him from the pictures on Saffron Gael.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Lord Antrim on January 09, 2022, 12:18:14 PM
It is apparent that they used McGurk this year to give run out to U20s in prep for championship later on. The only issue there is that team is weakened by Uni's being able to select eligible county players. Possibly 6-8 missing and maybe more.
I also heard there were some injuries(Bicky and Rian) and some mnssing due to isolation weaking group even further.
Of the starting 15 , 3 of the boys were last years Minors so probably still not 18.
Is that the best way to proceed I'm not sure as we all know you can have all the skill but boys against men is different.
If we have yearly Dev  squads what has happened to Minor team and Celtic challenge teams / players  from those age groups.
We are way short in strength and physicality  to be honest we might struggle to get out of Ulster.
You need a balance between man strength and underlying skill.
No easy answers and in reality probably only 2-3 of this group will end up Senior county players

Donegal uni players choose county there yesterday

rogercasement

Should Antrim u20s minus a few be losing so heavily to Donegal? Genuine question, don't know the circumstances but seems strange. If I'm being disrespectful to Donegal I apologise.

I wasn't putting Donegal hurling down, quite the opposite I was putting Antrim hurling down. Just because I am not from a hurling club doesn't mean I can't have an opinion o  it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on January 09, 2022, 02:44:12 PM

I wasn't putting Donegal hurling down, quite the opposite I was putting Antrim hurling down. Just because I am not from a hurling club doesn't mean I can't have an opinion o  it.

I've read your opinions on things, young lads lacking fortitude, on referees, even your predictions on games during the year, so forgive me poop poohing your take on the under 20 hurling team playing a seasoned senior hurling county team.

Why a grown man would take cheap shots at young lads is beyond me!

rogercasement

You really are some boy MR2 how you figure half that stuff out is beyond me.

Cannon Fodder

U20 team was physically pushed about by the more mature Donegal team. 6 starters yesterday were U18 so a bit on the light side yet for senior hurling. Donegal the better team on a wet Dunsilly pitch.

Remember this is not U20 v U20

johnnycool

Quote from: Cannon Fodder on January 09, 2022, 07:55:05 PM
U20 team was physically pushed about by the more mature Donegal team. 6 starters yesterday were U18 so a bit on the light side yet for senior hurling. Donegal the better team on a wet Dunsilly pitch.

Remember this is not U20 v U20

This.

A county the size of Antrim really shouldn't be playing lads with three years left this level. Where's all the U19's and U20's that have went through the various development squads?

FWIW Donegal are a handy team full of good big hurlers so playing Antrim U20's in the middle of January on a heavy pitch and beating them isn't a surprise and if anything Antrim U20's could be better off for it.