Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

https://thesaffrongael.com/2022/01/02/bobby-mcmullan-rip/

A fantastic tribute to one of Antrims finest ever hurlers. Held the mighty Christy Ring scoreless from play when in his pomp.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on January 02, 2022, 08:34:52 PM
https://thesaffrongael.com/2022/01/02/bobby-mcmullan-rip/

A fantastic tribute to one of Antrims finest ever hurlers. Held the mighty Christy Ring scoreless from play when in his pomp.

Lovely guy, patient of mine and we'd plenty hurling chat, knew he wasn't well recently, will be sadly missed I'm sure by his family and his wider Glenarrife/Loughgiel GAA family

Rip Bobby
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

antrimman667

Any new additions to The senior Panel this year?

Lord Antrim

Anyone out tonight at  match v UUJ  ?
From what I can gather it was the U20 squad minus any of their  Uni players .

Saffsof82

Quote from: Lord Antrim on January 04, 2022, 09:45:49 PM
Anyone out tonight at  match v UUJ  ?
From what I can gather it was the U20 squad minus any of their  Uni players .

Yep it was the u20 team. Still trying to get warmed up here, absolutely Baltic! Not a night you could judge anything on tbh

imtommygunn

Sambo on Laochra Gael. I think it is maybe tonight.

paddyjohn

Starts next week I think, the 13th. Should be good, always enjoy that show.

imtommygunn

Making it an hour long has made a massive difference to it. Always look forward to them.

bannside

Sambo a great operator no doubt, and character to go with it.  But ...not even sure if he was the best hurler in his house lol.

His older brother was some act. Shane....went to Australia when he was 18 I think but was supreme in his age group and already the main man for Cushendall.

rogercasement

Should Antrim u20s minus a few be losing so heavily to Donegal? Genuine question, don't know the circumstances but seems strange. If I'm being disrespectful to Donegal I apologise.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

was it donegal senior team? If so yes

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on January 08, 2022, 10:46:14 PM
Should Antrim u20s minus a few be losing so heavily to Donegal? Genuine question, don't know the circumstances but seems strange. If I'm being disrespectful to Donegal I apologise.

Yes, disrespectful to Donegal. Stick to football thread please
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

It would have been a seasoned men's team who have 5 lads in from other counties against wains.

Richie Ryan scored 2-10. From Limerick, big man.

https://www.donegallive.ie/news/sport/717228/mccann-hails-strongest-ever-donegal-panel-after-whirlwind-win-over-antrim-u-20s.html

Saffsof82

Was at the game, Donegal seniors a decent hurling team, we struggled with size and physicality they brought, particularly from our puck out . Better than a training session, and mgt know now who has the grit and physicality they will need to compete in Leinster championship

rogercasement

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 08, 2022, 11:32:16 PM
Quote from: rogercasement on January 08, 2022, 10:46:14 PM

Yes, disrespectful to Donegal. Stick to football thread please
For someone who runs about getting people banned you are not very welcoming, no class, as for your refereeing