Author Topic: Antrim Hurling  (Read 5889728 times)

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #40215 on: January 22, 2022, 10:01:48 PM »
Antrim u-17 management team having to beg £100 per club in Antrim. Same old Antrim ?

Whatís the normal process for funding?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dreen

• View Profile
« Reply #40216 on: January 22, 2022, 11:59:52 PM »
that can't be lead by the county board

Baile an tuaigh

• mac uilin clg 1907-2007Na Gleannta Glas d'Aontriom
    • View Profile
« Reply #40217 on: January 23, 2022, 02:10:54 PM »
Slaughtneil are hurling like their lives depend on it. Got off to a bad start but have been the better team since. Both teams playing with a sweeper but Slaughtneil forwards have been outstanding Some fantastic catches. Hopefully the fear of loosing will drive them on to victory. Brendan Rodgers should run at that full back line their dodgy enough.

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #40218 on: January 23, 2022, 03:19:35 PM »
Antrim u-17 management team having to beg £100 per club in Antrim. Same old Antrim ?

Run the County board like a business to generate sufficient income to cover all your overheads without taking it out of clubs.

delgany

• View Profile
« Reply #40219 on: January 23, 2022, 06:04:54 PM »

Run the County board like a business to generate sufficient income to cover all your overheads without taking it out of clubs.

This request wasnt sanctioned  by county board.
 100 % Fit and proper governance.

Ciall

• View Profile
« Reply #40220 on: January 24, 2022, 03:12:51 AM »

According to the management; Director of Hurling was well aware it was due to happen, who then changed his mind as clubs kicked up stinkÖ
Donít necessarily agree with asking clubs when we already pay a levy, but (again, according to management) the DOH was chopping away at the proposed monetary plans including the team bonding weekend. Money must be managed so we donít go bankrupt, but Iíd hope thereís been enough income being generated with sponsorships, championships/streams, SBF & ONeills kickbacks to allow a minor team the chance to run properly.

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40221 on: January 24, 2022, 08:56:21 AM »
So I take it that the county set up from under 14 (old term) up can avail of £100 from the clubs, in both codes?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #40222 on: January 24, 2022, 09:23:45 AM »
It's these solo runs that need to be cut out.

A manager comes in at the beginning of the year with a plan and a budget to match. Both are then agreed.
If they deviate from this plan then it needs approval from the Co Board.

Saffsof82

• View Profile
« Reply #40223 on: January 24, 2022, 01:35:52 PM »

According to the management; Director of Hurling was well aware it was due to happen, who then changed his mind as clubs kicked up stinkÖ
Donít necessarily agree with asking clubs when we already pay a levy, but (again, according to management) the DOH was chopping away at the proposed monetary plans including the team bonding weekend. Money must be managed so we donít go bankrupt, but Iíd hope thereís been enough income being generated with sponsorships, championships/streams, SBF & ONeills kickbacks to allow a minor team the chance to run properly.

What was the total cost of the training weekend do you know?

Ciall

• View Profile
« Reply #40224 on: January 24, 2022, 05:46:40 PM »

What was the total cost of the training weekend do you know?

Not 100% certain, Think I remember 5k being thrown about. Was due to include an overnight stay in Tipp with a game or special guest session, then across next day to have a game in Kilkenny & watch the senior hurlers in League. Again, donít quote me on the total cost.

Lord Antrim

• Life's too short to worry about all of this !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40225 on: January 26, 2022, 06:03:49 PM »
Just read that BBC will be streaming Antrim game against Dublin in league
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/60138856

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #40226 on: February 01, 2022, 08:55:12 AM »
hear the Derry clubs looking back into juvenile and reserve leagues, be a good move for everyone that.

Agreed! Thereís a vast contrast in ability level within the leagues so this helps even it out a bit more. I think the external counties in our senior hurling leagues are badly needed kept too! I heard tell there was discussions as to whether they should be ďkept in.Ē Would be disastrous if they were removed! Eg St Galls and Sarsfields in Div 2 sit well at their level- if we remove the Down teams (for example) from Div 1, you end up with a lot  of mismatches in Div 1 and a waste of time for everyone concerned.
Iíd actually suggest pushing to get Slaughtneil etc into our league also to help push our top 4/5 teams on!

yes , 100% right, but heard the chairman not keen on outside clubs

I know heís chair and puts a fair amount of time into it Iím sure, but how could he possibly push through his own agenda without discussing with clubs? Did he even hurl? Or even hurl to a decent level to understand the need to for competitive games rather than drummings? Iíd be disappointed to see something like that become real.
Now that is a ridiculous statement. Do you need to play to know what a team needs? Plenty of managers  who have won top level competitions but have never won them as a player.

I didnít ask has he won something. Well aware of successful managers backgrounds.
The point Iím making is- if he hurled for NE in his time, itíll have been at a low standard, likely then without the ards teams or other teams in the league, therefore not knowing the benefit of having these teams in our league. If heís willing to make crass statements and potentially decisions about removing external teams from our leagues, without consulting with players/managers in the leagues affected, them heíd need to have experienced it himself- hence my question! I know now he hasnít, and shouldnít be making calls like that without some form of consultation.

Imagine Leinster didnít allow our hurlers into their league/championship through the years, wed have been complaining all the same.

Away and get your head felt lad, CMcC is a very intelligent man, I think he would have the wherewithal to consult others. I can't see him going on a solo run with something like this.
As for having to have experienced it himself before making this decision, ffs give him some credit. Your statement is akin to not letting lower league clubs send players forward to county teams due them not being of a required standard, if that's the case then Nicky English would never have worn the blue and gold jersey.

As for Leinster....for years they didnt allow us into any of their leagues, juvenile included. Currently they won't allow us to play any games at home, you sure you want to hold at this high standard you're portraying them to be?

If you know the man- which is seeming like you do- then youíd be well aware he loves a solo run! Again- youíre not reading what Iím asking and looking stupid in the process. I never said him playing lower league stops him playing county, I said it wouldnít have allowed him to experience the external teams coming into the league.
Regarding your Leinster statement, if we want to play in Leinster then we should have no problem travelling- we have no right to walk into a league/championship and demand home games etc.

Do you support his views on removing the external teams from our leagues then??

Early soundings are that we're not getting the U17's into the Antrim leagues which is disappointing to say the least.

Turns out CMcC rules the roost with an iron rod and gets his way!

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #40227 on: February 01, 2022, 09:03:51 AM »
That's disappointing JC.

Last Man

• View Profile
« Reply #40228 on: February 01, 2022, 09:27:40 AM »
One thing you have to understand about the man is that he doesn't do procrastination. In my experience he always consults and trys to achieve concensus but he will not wait for the perfect solution as he will always look to box an issue off and move on. Whats wrong with that?

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #40229 on: February 01, 2022, 09:30:18 AM »
What is the downside for Antrim hurling by letting teams from adjacent counties join the league structure?