Author Topic: Antrim Hurling  (Read 5743281 times)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #40140 on: January 06, 2022, 04:00:55 PM »
Making it an hour long has made a massive difference to it. Always look forward to them.

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #40141 on: January 06, 2022, 06:49:13 PM »
Sambo a great operator no doubt, and character to go with it.  But ...not even sure if he was the best hurler in his house lol.

His older brother was some act. Shane....went to Australia when he was 18 I think but was supreme in his age group and already the main man for Cushendall.

rogercasement

• View Profile
« Reply #40142 on: January 08, 2022, 10:46:14 PM »
Should Antrim u20s minus a few be losing so heavily to Donegal? Genuine question, don't know the circumstances but seems strange. If I'm being disrespectful to Donegal I apologise.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #40143 on: January 08, 2022, 11:29:35 PM »
was it donegal senior team? If so yes

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40144 on: January 08, 2022, 11:32:16 PM »
Should Antrim u20s minus a few be losing so heavily to Donegal? Genuine question, don't know the circumstances but seems strange. If I'm being disrespectful to Donegal I apologise.

Yes, disrespectful to Donegal. Stick to football thread please
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #40145 on: January 08, 2022, 11:46:37 PM »
It would have been a seasoned men's team who have 5 lads in from other counties against wains.

Richie Ryan scored 2-10. From Limerick, big man.

https://www.donegallive.ie/news/sport/717228/mccann-hails-strongest-ever-donegal-panel-after-whirlwind-win-over-antrim-u-20s.html
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 11:52:44 PM by Fear Bun Na Sceilpe »

Saffsof82

• View Profile
« Reply #40146 on: January 09, 2022, 12:35:25 AM »
Was at the game, Donegal seniors a decent hurling team, we struggled with size and physicality they brought, particularly from our puck out . Better than a training session, and mgt know now who has the grit and physicality they will need to compete in Leinster championship

rogercasement

• View Profile
« Reply #40147 on: January 09, 2022, 08:52:53 AM »

For someone who runs about getting people banned you are not very welcoming, no class, as for your refereeing

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40148 on: January 09, 2022, 09:19:57 AM »

For someone who runs about getting people banned you are not very welcoming, no class, as for your refereeing

No class?

Did you read your post?

And what’s my refereeing got to do with your post putting down Donegal hurling?

Like I said, stick to the football.

As for getting people banned, that clampit did that all by himself
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #40149 on: January 09, 2022, 10:43:28 AM »
I was a wee bit shocked myself when I saw the result. Would expect an Antrim U-20 team to be beating a weaker Ulster counties senior team.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40150 on: January 09, 2022, 10:55:33 AM »
I was a wee bit shocked myself when I saw the result. Would expect an Antrim U-20 team to be beating a weaker Ulster counties senior team.

At club level this year alone we’d no winners of provincial championships, didn’t get to the semifinals in the lower championships and beat handy in senior.

Under20 is young, even college hurling is older again, Donegal ain’t bad, disappointing but not shocked.

Tipp thought they would throw out a second string v Kerry, got their asses handed to them

Saffsof82

• View Profile
« Reply #40151 on: January 09, 2022, 10:57:05 AM »

Why would you just expect that?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #40152 on: January 09, 2022, 11:41:29 AM »

Cloud cuckoo land yous boys living in.  Derry struggled to beat this team last year ,won by point in the end
Donegal are 4th strongest in Ulster now easily .

They have really good homegrown hurlers plus boys from Tyrone, Armagh, Clare, Galway, Antrim and Limerick

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #40153 on: January 09, 2022, 11:49:53 AM »

Cloud cuckoo land yous boys living in.  Derry struggled to beat this team last year ,won by point in the end

They have really good homegrown hurlers plus boys from Tyrone, Armagh, Clare, Galway, Antrim and Limerick

Plus Tipperary. Didn't think they had anybody from Antrim though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #40154 on: January 09, 2022, 12:08:28 PM »

Plus Tipperary. Didn't think they had anybody from Antrim though.

sorry you are correct I thought they had the setanta keeper (belfast) in nets