Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 4465720 times)

EOC1923

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #28905 on: January 26, 2023, 01:35:28 PM »
"The Johnston brothers – Ricky and Martin – have stepped away from the panel. Mick and Tomas McCann – both carrying injuries - haven’t re-joined for the new season.

Their Cargin club-mate James Laverty, who occupied the centre-back role last season, has retired from the inter-county scene and experienced front man Conor Murray of Lamh Dhearg isn’t expected to feature in 2023."
Massive hole in the team, especially up the centre of the defence. Was like a sieve in the McKenna cup and not sure it was much different in the friendlies they have played since.

Saffsof82

• View Profile
« Reply #28906 on: January 26, 2023, 01:46:45 PM »
Sorry your were 100% correct Toby, Conor gone from panel

Saffsof82

• View Profile
« Reply #28907 on: January 26, 2023, 01:51:17 PM »
I’d expect Lynch to start at full back, too soon for young Hynds, centre back will be a huge issue, Andy seems to favour Finnegan but that wouldn’t fill me with confidence.

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #28908 on: January 26, 2023, 03:52:34 PM »
With the absence of most of the Cargin contingent definitely sitting out league and Jamie Gribbin positively out for at least six weeks I doubt our ability to retain hard earned status....

Flanker

• View Profile
« Reply #28909 on: Today at 01:02:14 PM »
Good luck to the 2 schools in Mclarnon cup semi finals today and tomorrow. Would be good to have 2 really competitive performances.
Has the Antrim Schools competition ignited a little more interest and led to more competitive performances across the ulster colleges competitions

Lár na páirce 1

• View Profile
« Reply #28910 on: Today at 01:39:02 PM »
I’d expect Lynch to start at full back, too soon for young Hynds, centre back will be a huge issue, Andy seems to favour Finnegan but that wouldn’t fill me with confidence.

Finnegan starts. Lynch at full back
Hearing a few older men back for this one looks like a stronger line up.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #28911 on: Today at 02:01:35 PM »
Could you post the lineup?

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #28912 on: Today at 02:44:20 PM »
Very tough division 3 this year, looks like a league everyone will be winning a few and losing a few. Two points on Sunday would be fantastic, at least give us something to hold on to, as 4 points might keep us safe.

Having said that anything short of relegation will be a massive achievement. Good luck to all involved.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #28913 on: Today at 03:45:41 PM »
Rathmore won 1-10 to 0-8 in mclarnon semi final. Any word on the other one? Be nice to see an all antrim final.

[Edit] Ah I see it's not until tomorrow.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:09:15 PM by imtommygunn »

Sportacus

• View Profile
« Reply #28914 on: Today at 05:50:30 PM »
It’s very encouraging to see Rathmore reach the MacLarnon Final. We need colleges football in the county. Maybe they could push on and think about MacRory in years to come.