Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on November 13, 2020, 01:57:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2020, 01:38:30 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 13, 2020, 01:19:22 PM
Is the golfing equivalent of Lleyton Hewitt flopping at another major?

Spieth?

McIlroy.

Talk me through how many times Lleyton won a major? 2?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

McIlroy now 3 over with 4 holes to go on his first round.

Another lost chance, but at least he won't have too long to wait until April to try again.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2020, 02:00:03 PM

Spieth?

McIlroy.

You're missing the point, both won their majors in their youth in weak eras. When the field strengthened they were then left behind as also rans when they should have been in their primes. McIlroy is the golfing equivalent of Hewitt.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on November 13, 2020, 02:26:32 PM

Spieth?

McIlroy.

You're missing the point, both won their majors in their youth in weak eras. When the field strengthened they were then left behind as also rans when they should have been in their primes. McIlroy is the golfing equivalent of Hewitt.

You're missing the point! Give me a tennis player that has won four and I'll agree with you regarding similarities, (if that's the case, Harrington's majors were worthless). Until then you're talking shite...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2020, 02:49:04 PM

Spieth?

McIlroy.

You're missing the point! Give me a tennis player that has won four and I'll agree with you regarding similarities, (if that's the case, Harrington's majors were worthless). Until then you're talking shite...

I'm the one making the point. You seem to be the one misinterpreting it or just trying to divert from it?

McIlroy won his majors in his youth, when the field was weak. When he reached at age when he should have been at his peak, a new generation had emerged and he was left behind.

It looks like McIlroy was actually lucky rather than he was good.

Milltown Row2

Boris won Wimbledon when he was 18 was he lucky too?

So Rory was lucky now? 4 majors number 1 at the start Of the year, this year. You talk pure shit

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2020, 02:58:53 PM

So Rory was lucky now? 4 majors number 1 at the start Of the year, this year. You talk pure shit

Boris also won a major 11 years after his first one.

The majors are the only thing that matter. The fact is that he won his in a weak era in his youth, when he should have been in his prime he was overtaken by a superior generation and was left behind.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on November 13, 2020, 03:01:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2020, 02:58:53 PM

Boris also won a major 11 years after his first one.

The majors are the only thing that matter. The fact is that he won his in a weak era in his youth, when he should have been in his prime he was overtaken by a superior generation and was left behind.

Stop, you said Rory was lucky to win 4! How daft is that? 

thebigfella

Spieth?

McIlroy.

Hardly also ran, wasn't too long ago he was no.1 in the world and only for Covid would have been the outright favourite in April.

Comparing Tennis and Golf Majors is ridiculous. There is probably about 30-50 players in the field who could win a golf major but you can't say that about tennis (nor could you ever). I can't see the dominance of Jack & Tiger ever being repeated.

I'd stick to embarrassing yourself on the covid thread.

JimStynes

Rory wasn't lucky to win his 4. He was the best about at that time. He is in danger of becoming the equivalent of the star minor player who won a few championships and played great football until his early twenties and then disappears in the latter half of his career. I do think he will win another major, but the idea of McIlroy winning 10/11 majors is now probably out the window.

Angelo

Seems the McIlroy fans don't like criticism of their boy.

He's a busted flush who was lucky to win his majors in a weak field. Deal with it.

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on November 13, 2020, 03:17:00 PM

He's a busted flush who was lucky to win his majors in a weak field. Deal with it.

That's WUM material.

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on November 13, 2020, 03:22:49 PM

That's WUM material.

Factual.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on November 13, 2020, 03:37:19 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 13, 2020, 03:22:49 PM

That's WUM material.

Factual.

Where's radiogaga to put you back in your box ?