Road Construction

Started by blast05, October 25, 2007, 09:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blast05

Right folks, am always interested in major road contruction projects, particularly their opening dates as get extremely browned off getting stuck in tail backs going into towns that are due to be by-passed are getting stuck in 50km per hour traffic convoys when a new bigger road is due to be open.

So, anyone know when M50/M4 and M50/M7 junctions are due for completion ?
The Athlone to Kilbeggan motorway ?

When they will start on the Ballaghdereen by-pass ?

Also, i see the Charlestown by-pass is due to open next Thursday (18.5km) and the Bohola to Ballina road has finally been given the full go-ahead - as a dual carriageway no less !!

I know you can get scheduled completion times from the nra website but those dates are always way off

Donagh

Dunno about any about to open but was down in Wexford last weekend and that new one around Gorey is just the ticket, especially after a four hour drive from the north. Which reminds me, 'Oulart the Ballagh' v 'Buffers Alley' – wtf is that all about?

stephenite

Quote from: blast05 on October 25, 2007, 09:47:29 PM
and the Bohola to Ballina road has finally been given the full go-ahead - as a dual carriageway no less !!

Seriously? About time the capital of Gaelic Football in Connacht was given the recognition it deserves

Bod Mor

Quote from: stephenite on October 26, 2007, 03:48:58 AM
and the Bohola to Ballina road has finally been given the full go-ahead - as a dual carriageway no less !!

Seriously? About time the capital of Gaelic Football in Connacht was given the recognition it deserves

You're being a bit genorous to Moy Davitts there stephenite ;)
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Ryano

The Athlone to Kilbeggan motorway ?

When they will start on the Ballaghdereen by-pass ?

The Athlone Kilbeggan one is coming along nicely. They are supposed to have it completed by the middle of next year and the Ballinasloe to Galway city stretch has a completion date of 2010 but i can see it coming in well ahead of that. I have seen them working on Sundays around the Galway city end of it. Seems to be a major push on with it. Also the by passes of Gort and Crusheen are due to start within the next year so we may well end up with a continuous motorway from Galway to Limerick within my life time!!

I have not heard when the Ballaghaderreen one starts. I thinks its the first section of the new N5 which will by pass a whole host of smaller towns and go from Ballaghaderreen all the way over to Strokestown when its done.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: stephenite on October 26, 2007, 03:48:58 AM

ah they must be bringing the road out to crossmolina then stephenite ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

mannix

Its about time they gave Ballina a decent road, now all they have to do is bypass the town and allow business to grow and operate.
I heard they are callin the new road the M51, in respect of our latest win.

blast05

QuoteSeriously?

Yeah, i couldn't believe it. Underpasses, 15 or 16 flyover bridges. Apparently any new section of a national primary road that is above a certain distance (20km at a guess) has to be a dual carriageway.

QuoteI have not heard when the Ballaghaderreen one starts. I thinks its the first section of the new N5 which will by pass a whole host of smaller towns and go from Ballaghaderreen all the way over to Strokestown when its done.

No, Ballaghderren bypass will be seperate - will go from Charlestown bypass to north of the town to a few miles east of it. There will be another section then starting from the east end fo this bypassing Frenchpark, Ballina??, Tulsk and Strokestown - linking up with the 5 or 6 mile section at Scramoge - i am guessing this will also be a dual carriageway. Lonforg will also by bypassed, there will be another new section linking Scramoge to Longford (dual carriageway also i am guessing) and there will be a dual carriageway from Longford to the Mullingar bypass  ...... of course no doubt it will be 10 years minimum before all of this is done