All Ireland Football semi-final;Mayo v Kerry,Sunday Aug 20

Started by maigheo, August 08, 2017, 03:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maigheo

Quote from: Syferus on August 28, 2017, 10:53:54 PM
Dublin don't drop Cluxton and Kerry don't play David Moran at FB, though. It would certainly be open season then.

It's a bit premature for a Rochford love-in because for me everything still points to him being hapless tactically.
Jasus Syf,for a lad that never played football nor managed a team,why do you try to portray your self as an expert on tactics and players.?I know nobody takes you serious around here but I have to give you credit for persistence .

Syferus

Quote from: maigheo on August 29, 2017, 01:35:09 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 28, 2017, 10:53:54 PM
Dublin don't drop Cluxton and Kerry don't play David Moran at FB, though. It would certainly be open season then.

It's a bit premature for a Rochford love-in because for me everything still points to him being hapless tactically.
Jasus Syf,for a lad that never played football nor managed a team,why do you try to portray your self as an expert on tactics and players.?I know nobody takes you serious around here but I have to give you credit for persistence .

:o

It's weird that so many here think trying to go after the poster rather than the point reflects well on them or even gains any traction in an argument. You're long past being able to unnerve me with playground insults, I actually feel a bit sorry for people whose only retort is that, honestly. I would hope we don't have many solicitors on this forum.

Bart McQueen

I hope Darran Sullivan has black card rescinded. Pathetic dive from O'Connor. Surely GAA needs to be looking at play acting.  it worse than soccer at this stage

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Bart McQueen on August 29, 2017, 08:32:00 AM
I hope Darran Sullivan has black card rescinded. Pathetic dive from O'Connor. Surely GAA needs to be looking at play acting.  it worse than soccer at this stage

i dont think it was a dive, he certainly collided with him.
But no way was it a black card either.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Rossfan

Did he collide deliberately to take him out of the play?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Rossfan on August 29, 2017, 10:58:32 AM
I dont think so.
But we are back to the main issue with the black card, it is very hard to tell in alot of instances.
If there is any doubt that it was deliberate, then he shouldn't have gotten a  black card.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Rossfan

Looking at highlights last night at Dublin players getting in Peter Harte's way as opposed to colliding you'd wonder should the card be for cynical play and off ball fouling.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Rossfan on August 29, 2017, 10:58:32 AM
As a Mayo supporter who has gotten sick listening to our own supporters carping on about referees I was reluctant to raise Rossfan's question. On watching the game on RTE player last night it struck me that there were a number of these "accidental" collisions during the game. Kerry's O Brien took out Cillian O Connor in this manner in the lead up to the play in which Boyle saved on the goal-line for Mayo about the 40 min. On laying off the ball he appeared to line up O Connor and ploughed through him. In fairness to O Brien and indeed Darren O Sullivan, no one but the player will know the real intent. The ref gets one chance to guess at it. Maybe Gough got it wrong. He wouldn't be the first ref to do so. At the risk of arguing against myself I could reference the replay in Limerick ;D ;D

Halfquarter

How will it help Kerry or Darren O'Sullivan now if the black card is rescinded , I can't remember a black card ever been rescinded ??

Mayo4Sam

I'd like you to be rescinded ....................................... because you're pathetic
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Halfquarter on August 29, 2017, 12:45:28 PM

How will it help Kerry or Darren O'Sullivan now if the black card is rescinded , I can't remember a black card ever been rescinded ??
Kevin's mckernans against Tyrone was recinded

Halfquarter

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 29, 2017, 01:14:24 PM
Quote from: Halfquarter on August 29, 2017, 12:45:28 PM

Kevin's mckernans against Tyrone was recinded
Ok, I see it now ,3 black cards lead to one game suspension, not really relevant for Kerry this year though.