Elvery's Ad

Started by larry buaile, August 07, 2007, 10:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larry buaile

Anyone see the new elvery's ad with Ciaran Mac? A bit daft, but fair play to him, i'm sure he got a few bob for it.

Loup Bandit

Quote from: larry buaile on August 07, 2007, 10:35:49 AM
Anyone see the new elvery's ad with Ciaran Mac? A bit daft, but fair play to him, i'm sure he got a few bob for it.

aww yes. very funny and something different!  :D
Dennis Leamy made some tackle in it too!

aye, why shouldnt McDonald get a few bob out of it if you ask me!

Uladh

The amateur status police might get him...

Loup Bandit

the amateur status police would not be the first to refund him for lose of earnings on a Saturday for example if he had a game / training!  ;)

prewtna

ah ya a good add alright. fair play to big mac. i hope he did well out of it for himself.

AZOffaly

The other lad 'Sorry, force of habit' is Denis Leamy, aka the Rock of Cashel. Munster back row.

The Real Laoislad

Not sure if all of the bigger Elverys stores are the same but that looks like the one on the Fonthill Road in Dublin
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mannix

Macdonald is the marquee mayo player at the minute,since elverys sponsor mayo it could hardly have derek savage in the thing.

magpie seanie

QuoteMacdonald is the marquee mayo player

Are you Kevin McStay?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 07, 2007, 05:04:59 PM
QuoteMacdonald is the marquee mayo player

Are you Kevin McStay?

Mc stay definately reads the board last week in his column he was writing about of the remaining counties which player could they ill  afford to get injured ,a thread which had been discussed the prevoius few days. Mannix is definately not mc stay mannix knows his football ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

orangeman

I 'd say he got nothing for it - or as Jack O'Connor would say, a nice family holiday !!!!!!!!!!

Barney

Good ad.

McStay is definitely a reader here - he has done an article on the Board in the Mayo News some time back where I got a mention myself.

What's the difference between this ad though and Lucozade Sports or Powerade or Club Energise or Pittmann Moore ads?

Hank Everlast

seen the ad at half time in the trone meath match and it had me in stitches..... so simple but so funny!

blast05

QuoteMacdonald is the marquee mayo player at the minute,since elverys sponsor mayo it could hardly have derek savage in the thing.

Another good reason for having Elverys as a sponsor is that every time during the summer while Mayo are still in the championship, pretty much all their shops will prominently feature a picture of a Mayo player in action on a large placard, more often that not with some other player bouncing off them or whatever. Trevor Howleys was the latest one to feature as far as i can recall.
Hopefully the Eleverys link can continue for years to come given that the Staunton family that own it are from Castlebar (Stauntons Intersport bought Elverys a few years back, not the other way around)