Derry v Dublin All Ireland Quarter Final

Started by SuperHans, July 29, 2007, 06:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Pretty pathetic preview of the Dublin-Derry match on the Road to Croker last night. So much for media bias in relation to Dublin games  ::)    Just 5 minutes talking to two Laois players (Byron went for Dublin, MJ Tierney went for Derry). Sean Boylan in the studio and they never even asked him about the game!!

As for my opinion, obviously as a biased Dub, I'll be going for a win for the Boys in Blue. I believe Griffin is the best man in the country to deal with Paddy Bradley - though obviously he'll need help regarding ball coming in. I'm hopeful we'll win the midfield battle. Key for us from now on is our forwards never losing their compusure and resorting to shooting from stupid places when we come under pressure.

Really looking forward to it. Hope for a good day and a quiet ref.

southdown

Any neutrals on the board going to the game?

charlie stubbs

have a ticket for the upper hogan south down looking forward to it,has potential be a goog game,thinking of putting few pound on derry with the three point handicap at evens,however,some one pointed out me derry may win or will possibly collapse and lose by four or five.sunbs could be the winning and losing of game imo

tayto

Quote from: Hardy on August 10, 2007, 12:10:02 PM

You got there before me lynchbhoy. Tayto - withdraw that scurrilous slur.

ah ha, sorry chief, didnt notice yer name in there amongst the ulster boys!

southdown

Just went onto ticketmaster, got 2 lower cusack 306 for me and the old man! cant wait now!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: charlie stubbs on August 10, 2007, 01:22:26 PM
sunbs could be the winning and losing of game imo
if sunbeds are the winning and losing of the game, then Dublin will romp home by 26 points

Loup Bandit

Quote from: southdown on August 10, 2007, 02:26:18 PM
Just went onto ticketmaster, got 2 lower cusack 306 for me and the old man! cant wait now!

thats where im at myself, lower cusack, 306!! cant believe you still got them on ticketmaster?!  :o

I predict Dub's to start well as per usual, maybe even lead at half time but then derry to settle and use their sub's well i.e Diver, Skinner & McGuckin. Dublin still with doubts in the back of their head throwing away a 7 point lead against Mayo last year to crumble in last ten mins, Paddy bradley to really turn it on, even if double teamed. Dublin under-eatimate our defence, i would not swap them for any other county's back 6.

Good luck to all the panel and management, really looking forward to it!  ;D

Tankie

Look lads we've all had a bit of fun giving Derry a chance, but in all honesty i just cant see how Dublin will lose unless they have a total stinker (which would not make Derry better than us)

Roll on Kerry in the 26th! :)
Grand Slam Saturday!

Loup Bandit

Quote from: Tankie on August 10, 2007, 03:13:09 PM
Look lads we've all had a bit of fun giving Derry a chance, but in all honesty i just cant see how Dublin will lose unless they have a total stinker (which would not make Derry better than us)

Roll on Kerry in the 26th! :)

Talk bout getting your excuses in early Tankie! "if we lose" talk!  :D
Dub's aint met a defence as strong as ours, time will tell!
Fergal Doc will have some tussle with Whelan, and i expect him to come out on top. Management should have done their homework on dublin's kick-out's too.
At this point i would not swap the Derry team for the Dublin one.

In a real pressure cooker situation the dub's have a knack of becoming a shrinking violet, long may it continue!
Paddy Bradley will really want to turn it on, on the big stage, none bigger than tomorrow!

Sometimes in these really big games, a lesser known lad i.e not a big name rises and plays out of his skin, i just Derry have a couple of these!  :)

Up Derry!!

nrico2006

Apart from my obvious Tyrone feelings on Derry, I really think they will beat the Dub's.  As solid a defence as there is about, and with McGuk back in the frame even stronger.  Fergal Doherty is as tough and effective a midfielder as there is about and up fron if Muldoon, Bradley and Lynch are on form Derry should win.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

thejuice

No, i think Dublin are really focused and are looking better this year than years past. I dont expect there to be any celebrations in Derry come Saturday night.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Drumanee 1

Quote from: thejuice on August 10, 2007, 03:46:45 PM
No, i think Dublin are really focused and are looking better this year than years past. I dont expect there to be any celebrations in Derry come Saturday night.

there be very little celebrations in derry saturday night no matter what happens,half of derry are staying in dublin

thejuice

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on August 10, 2007, 03:51:28 PM
Quote from: thejuice on August 10, 2007, 03:46:45 PM

there be very little celebrations in derry saturday night no matter what happens,half of derry are staying in dublin

Well, look at you, arent you the clever one.  ;)
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

DUBSFORSAM1

Glad to see everyone thinks that Dublin haven't played a decent physical team yet....I could have sworn we have played Meath twice in tough physical games and coped also against a decent defence...both games going down to the wire and we didn't bottle it in either game!!!!

Mgmt can do all their homework on the kickouts to Ryan as teams have since last year and yet hety still work...It is having Conway able to run 40 yards to keep up with him and Cluxton is expert at landing the ball in front of Ryan...also if Derry delegate one of the forwards to mark the kickouts it frees up a defender to take the short kickout...

Derry's defence is also going to have to cope with 4 scoring forwards for the first time this championship...also with forwards who are capable of winning their own ball and holding their own in physical contact..and who are strong tacklers to stop them bringing the ball out of defence....

They are also going to come up against a physical defence for the 3rd time....Monaghan beat them, Armagh held them to 9 points so its not likely that they will score a big score this time either...

SuperHans

Last comment b4 I leave work, head to Dublin tonight to wind up these West Brits, get full, Slag off southsiders, rip off fry for breaky tomorrow, beat the Dubs in their back yard then get full and slag off north and southsiders in Coppers or wherever.

Oh and the minors to beat the langers too.

DOIRE ABU