Derry v Dublin All Ireland Quarter Final

Started by SuperHans, July 29, 2007, 06:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

Quote from: Sandy Hill on August 07, 2007, 09:24:03 PM
Any word on who the referee is for this game?

Once its not "Pat the p***k" i dont mind!
Grand Slam Saturday!

ONeill

I'm sure oul Coleman's upstairs winding up a few Jackeens. He'd love another crack at them. The spirit of '93 should stand to Derry.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Dubs unchanged:

DUBLIN (SF v Derry): S Cluxton; D Henry, R McConnell, P Griffin; P Casey, B Cullen, B Cahill; S Ryan, C Whelan; C Moran, J Sherlock, B Brogan; A Brogan, C Keaney, M Vaughan.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tankie

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 07, 2007, 09:54:32 PM
Dubs unchanged:

DUBLIN (SF v Derry): S Cluxton; D Henry, R McConnell, P Griffin; P Casey, B Cullen, B Cahill; S Ryan, C Whelan; C Moran, J Sherlock, B Brogan; A Brogan, C Keaney, M Vaughan.

Fair play, a decent enough team,cant have any complaints!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Jimbobjnr

That is the Dublin team i expected to see named, although they wont be sticking to those positions i believe. Sean Marty will pick up Alan Brogan, McCloy on Keaney, and Mickey McGoldrick on Vaughan - should be interesting battles there. Any ideas on who will mark the Derry forwards. Liam Hayes idea of putting two mean on Bradley was rediculous, so i hope they do it!

Louper

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 07, 2007, 12:27:18 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 07, 2007, 11:52:01 AM
Anyway if as is expected both Ulster teams lose next weekend then for a 2nd year in a row Ulster will have no teams in the semi-final which would seem to indicate that the standard isn't the highest!!

cant agree wiith that sure if derry hada drawn monaghan then ulster wuda definitley been represented in semi. so u cant pin everthing on standards.

as for the match cant wait, sure its another day out! hopin derry will win, thinking dublin will. hope im wrong. gonna enjoy the day anyway.

Tankie

Quote from: Jimbobjnr on August 07, 2007, 10:01:42 PM
That is the Dublin team i expected to see named, although they wont be sticking to those positions i believe. Sean Marty will pick up Alan Brogan, McCloy on Keaney, and Mickey McGoldrick on Vaughan - should be interesting battles there. Any ideas on who will mark the Derry forwards. Liam Hayes idea of putting two mean on Bradley was rediculous, so i hope they do it!

We gont need to worry about the Derry forwards as Whealo and the Tank will cut that supply chain off all day ;D
Grand Slam Saturday!

Jimbobjnr

Ha, that would be the one area of the field i would be really worried about, fergal doc to compete well but i cant see james conway doing the business over shane ryan, Crozier shud stick in Diver to shake things up a bit! Would make for a great midfield battle.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Jimbobjnr on August 07, 2007, 10:01:42 PM

I would expect Henry to take Devlin, Griffen to take Bradley in the full forward line..
McConnell to take Muldoon if he comes into the full forward line or plays around the middle...
Cahill on Lynch, Casey on Gilligan and Cullen on Murphy....

If Lynch keeps dropping back to the half back line then Moran will take him and Cahill will move onto Murphy and Cullen will sweep....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 08, 2007, 09:25:34 AM
If Lynch keeps dropping back to the half back line then Moran will take him and Cahill will move onto Murphy and Cullen will sweep....
:o
doubt very much if any manager /selectors would adopt that loose and potentially catastrophic tactic.
man to man marking, if you dont then loose men warping the shape and configuration of a defense will be the start of a teams downfall

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mc_grens on August 07, 2007, 08:24:25 PM
QuoteAs for Dublin hyping themselves up i do not believe there is a huge amount of belief that we will beat Kerry. I honestly believe that this years champions will be decided in the Dublin v Kerry game.
YES!!!!
Its workin lads, its workin!
I see Derryhavent named the team
I htink we will realsie there is no point in playing the game and will go to Bundoran instead!

DUBSFORSAM1

Lynchboy....

When Laois dropped back against Dublin it caused us a problem with the spare man but Cullen going forward to mark him also left a huge gap through the middle also.....

His sweeping would eliminate most of the danger of the long ball into the Derry 2 man full forward line and I would be quite happy to see Derry try handpassing the ball up the pitch.......as I said this is only if Derry drop Lynch back to give them an extra defender...

Drumanee 1

dubsforsam you did not answer my question,who have dublin beaten outside of leinster since pilaar took over?

ONeill

Mark Lynch is a lad who hasn't blossomed at senior level as his underage form suggested he would. Still young I suppose. That might be because he seemed bigger in terms of height and weight at that age compared to others. Watched him at close quarters v Antrim and he still appears to be unsure as to his role, though perhaps that reflects more on Crozier. Where did he play v Laois?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 08, 2007, 11:00:09 AM
When Laois dropped back against Dublin it caused us a problem with the spare man but Cullen going forward to mark him also left a huge gap through the middle also.....
was that in the first 15-20 mins when Laois dominated the game and when Dublin abandoned the tactic they came back into it and kicked on from there?

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 08, 2007, 11:00:09 AM
His sweeping would eliminate most of the danger of the long ball into the Derry 2 man full forward line and I would be quite happy to see Derry try handpassing the ball up the pitch.......as I said this is only if Derry drop Lynch back to give them an extra defender...
yes
Laois tried that too against Derry.......... ;)

Did Lynch play as an extra defender v Laois?