All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Good win in the end for Glen, they showed character when the game turned against them. Prior to that they tried their best to lose as they went into their shell. Glass immense again from what I could make out.

joemamas

Well done to both teams in crappy conditions.
Thank God Glen did not blow it.
I was having my worst Mayo nightmares for the last ten minutes.

JoG2

Quote from: mup on January 07, 2024, 05:14:22 PMKilmacud may get the cheque book out again.

Well done Glen.

Almost as good as the Kilmacud playing extra players gags

Super contest, the final will be a fair battle too I'd say, Brigids going well.

Wildweasel74

Why no goal?.The Crokes No.2 came from behind Glass to contest the ball, he was in the square before the ball was kicked in.Didnt touch the ball,but is putting the keeper off.

thewobbler

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 07, 2024, 05:15:36 PMHow is warnock not on the Derry team?

Ethan Doherty very good there too. For me glass good footballer but not aggressive or forceful enough.

You feel a bit for Walsh hitting that wide after all he did. Some operator.

Based on that interview, Warnock would be a better pundit than just about anyone on the current RTE slate.

imtommygunn

gallsman

Quote from: yellowcard on January 07, 2024, 05:16:36 PMGood win in the end for Glen, they showed character when the game turned against them. Prior to that they tried their best to lose as they went into their shell. Glass immense again from what I could make out.

Not sure it was down to Glen's character to be honest. Their goal came from Kilmacud fuckery of the sort they'd been guilty of the previous 20 minutes and then they immediately conceded again.

Would have been a travesty if they'd lost because they were comfortably the better team all over the pitch for most of the match.

gallsman

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 07, 2024, 05:15:36 PMHow is warnock not on the Derry team?

Ethan Doherty very good there too. For me glass good footballer but not aggressive or forceful enough.

You feel a bit for Walsh hitting that wide after all he did. Some operator.

Doherty was guilty of some of the messing earlier in the half. They must have been turned over about 5/6 times in the second half within 30 yards of the Crokes goal through messing or mistakes.

gallsman

Quote from: thewobbler on January 07, 2024, 05:15:54 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 07, 2024, 05:14:04 PMTurned into the thriller we were all hoping for but Christ almighty Glen almost deserved to lose that for some of the decision making. Absolutely dominant all over the pitch and switched to a completely defensive set-up with 25 minutes left.

Mansion and Walsh (to an extent) showed their class in the second half, but honestly Kilmacud looked very poor for most of that.

Very difficult to make out with the fog but was O'Caroll moving to midfield not the main change in the game? Glen kept kicking to that channel but couldn't win one.

I don't think so. Glen sat back and started playing way more of the game around their full and half back lines.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on January 07, 2024, 05:16:28 PMNo point in Brigids turning up.
Do well to keep it under 10 points.
Perfect for the Rossies. Would you shtop.
2 very good teams. Should be a cracking final.

Brigids have the inspiration of 2013 to mine.

Newbridge Exile

OakLeaf

Delighted for Glen. Deserved winners. Lane needs to go back to ref school.

yellowcard

Quote from: gallsman on January 07, 2024, 05:23:30 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on January 07, 2024, 05:16:36 PMGood win in the end for Glen, they showed character when the game turned against them. Prior to that they tried their best to lose as they went into their shell. Glass immense again from what I could make out.

Not sure it was down to Glen's character to be honest. Their goal came from Kilmacud fuckery of the sort they'd been guilty of the previous 20 minutes and then they immediately conceded again.

Would have been a travesty if they'd lost because they were comfortably the better team all over the pitch for most of the match.

That's probably fair comment. If you took Walsh out of Kilmacud today they probably would have been comfortably beaten.

gallsman

Quote from: yellowcard on January 07, 2024, 05:28:59 PMThat's probably fair comment. If you took Walsh out of Kilmacud today they probably would have been comfortably beaten.

Mannion too. They seemed happy to sit back and challenge Crokes to shoot from distance and Mannion happily obliged. Once the deficit starts coming down everyone starts tightening up and a goal becomes even more transformative, which is exactly what happened. Crokes should never have been within an ass's roar of them.

Still, semi-finals are for winning and result is all that matters. Glen will deservedly start as favourites and should win handily if they play to their potential for 60 minutes. Anything else and St. Brigid's are more than good enough to challenge them.