Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 13, 2022, 01:58:18 PM
I thought he went to contest a high ball as midfielder do, Johnson had it well covered, took possession and Bradley connected late in the air. If he was trying to contest it, he been best to tackle when Johnson came down. It was a yellow card no more,

He missed timed it, the fall unprotected can be dangerous, but a yellow and move on, the theatrics though by Bradley was over the top, its a foul, hands up take the yellow, get back into position, getting on as if he was being sent to his death was funny
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Keyser soze

Why is the game stopped for a head injury when it isn't stopped for any other type of injury?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

HiMucker

Quote from: Keyser soze on December 13, 2022, 02:26:55 PM
Why is the game stopped for a head injury when it isn't stopped for any other type of injury?
Lol hope you dont work as a triage nurse in a&e Keyser  ;D

general_lee

Quote from: SHEEDY on December 13, 2022, 11:35:21 AM
Quote from: general_lee on December 13, 2022, 11:23:39 AM
Maybe have independent medical staff at big games. No ducking about then, honest assessment and if a player is fit to continue and has been play acting then give them a yellow.
so a player gets a genuine blow to the head, goes down and after bit of treatment is ok to continue, you think then give him him a yellow because it wasn't serious enough to force him off? Who judges the play acting? How long does the honest assessment take?
Aye that's exactly what I said  ::)
If someone receives a genuine head injury, chances are they'll need to go off anyway to either get bandaged up and/or checked for concussion.

NAG1

I think this sledging and feigning injury that has come into football has got a little bit out of hand.

The fact that it is clearly if not being directly coached, but encouraged is even more worrying.

For what it is worth I thought Sunday's game was up there with any in terms of intensity something you generally only see in Ulster Club games.

Any of The Glen or Derry ones, might be able to answer, but when did the club make the decision to move away from their own membership and turn to an outsider to manage the club?

Would have been some achievement to post all their pictures on social media of the successful team across their journey with their own men standing with them on their biggest day.

bannside

A club who had never won a senior county title  now has two to it's name and champions of Ulster.  Maybe it took an outside management team to harness this at senior level and get the optimum return from a clearly talented group.

SHEEDY

Quote from: general_lee on December 13, 2022, 03:30:21 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on December 13, 2022, 11:35:21 AM
Quote from: general_lee on December 13, 2022, 11:23:39 AM
Maybe have independent medical staff at big games. No ducking about then, honest assessment and if a player is fit to continue and has been play acting then give them a yellow.
so a player gets a genuine blow to the head, goes down and after bit of treatment is ok to continue, you think then give him him a yellow because it wasn't serious enough to force him off? Who judges the play acting? How long does the honest assessment take?
Aye that's exactly what I said  ::)
If someone receives a genuine head injury, chances are they'll need to go off anyway to either get bandaged up and/or checked for concussion.
who decides it isn't genuine? How long does the assessment take? Is it an on field assessment? At which point are you deciding to give a yellow card? Does player welfare have an impact on the decision?
Sounds like it's well thought out 🙄
nil satis nisi optimum

Armagh18

Quote from: NAG1 on December 13, 2022, 03:33:46 PM
I think this sledging and feigning injury that has come into football has got a little bit out of hand.

The fact that it is clearly if not being directly coached, but encouraged is even more worrying.

For what it is worth I thought Sunday's game was up there with any in terms of intensity something you generally only see in Ulster Club games.

Any of The Glen or Derry ones, might be able to answer, but when did the club make the decision to move away from their own membership and turn to an outsider to manage the club?

Would have been some achievement to post all their pictures on social media of the successful team across their journey with their own men standing with them on their biggest day.
I don't think Glen would be where they are today without taking in an outside manager. O'Rourke's CV is excellent. Takes the best managers to bring teams to that next level, Kilcoo wouldn't have won an AI without Moran.

Mikhailov

Quote from: bannside on December 13, 2022, 03:45:51 PM
A club who had never won a senior county title  now has two to it's name and champions of Ulster.  Maybe it took an outside management team to harness this at senior level and get the optimum return from a clearly talented group.

Glen have had outside managers before O'Rourke for sure.

screenexile

Quote from: Mikhailov on December 13, 2022, 04:51:27 PM

The current crop of players haven't had a manager from outside Derry before O'Rourke I don't think.

Newbridge Exile

From memory they had Charlie Sweeny managing them back in the  late 80's/  early 90s ( he was one of the first outside managers that I recall in Derry Club football)

Saul goodman

Does anyone know if the semi finals are both in Croker ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on December 13, 2022, 07:37:24 PM
Quote from: Saul goodman on December 13, 2022, 06:05:08 PM
Does anyone know if the semi finals are both in Croker ?

Given that the club SHC semi finals are in Croke Park, you'd expect the football to be the same but the main GAA website still has both football semi-finals as "Venue TBC".

Crokes have played a couple games there already?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mikhailov

Quote from: screenexile on December 13, 2022, 05:10:00 PM

They had Jude Donnelly from 2018-2020 and Mickey Culbert before that for a few years. In between them 2 was Enda Gormley for 3 years

The current crop of players haven't had a manager from outside Derry before O'Rourke I don't think.