Price of a Pint

Started by toby47, October 13, 2021, 09:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Jailhouse, Rita's if you're looking cocktails, The tipsy bird also, been a while but decent, Muriel's small so always busy, Duke of York, Harp bar busy but right age group, or Hewitts around the corner, Love and Death the Deers head... plenty about depends where you are eating and dander too..

The new Apartment was ok, Maggie's something

Wanted to head In tonight but she's not up for it!! Too cold for the older ones ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

WT4E

Cheers will let u know how I go

MK

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 28, 2022, 04:54:15 PM
Jailhouse, Rita's if you're looking cocktails, The tipsy bird also, been a while but decent, Muriel's small so always busy, Duke of York, Harp bar busy but right age group, or Hewitts around the corner, Love and Death the Deers head... plenty about depends where you are eating and dander too..

The new Apartment was ok, Maggie's something

Wanted to head In tonight but she's not up for it!! Too cold for the older ones ;D
Dirty Onion lively.Cloth Ear a bit quieter..spaniard a bit more intimate 

Tony Baloney

Called into the old Basement Bar for one before Christmas and it was a nice spot for a drink.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 28, 2022, 10:38:51 PM
Called into the old Basement Bar for one before Christmas and it was a nice spot for a drink.

The old busman's pub
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 28, 2022, 10:52:38 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 28, 2022, 10:38:51 PM

The old busman's pub
Is that what it was? I remember when it opened up as the Basement 20 odd years ago. It was a good spot back in the day. Looked it up and it's called Margot now. I remember a time when the only place you could get a cocktail was Chicago Pizza Pie Factory on Dublin Road!

An Watcher

CCC £3.30 a pint, shopping how it should be

WT4E

Was in harp. Was decent crowd there. Managed to get a seat.

Had guinness in garrick 5.60, bittles 5.20 and harp 6.00

Bittles the best by far. Harp the worst by far.

Armagh18

Quote from: WT4E on December 29, 2022, 10:54:05 AM
Was in harp. Was decent crowd there. Managed to get a seat.

Had guinness in garrick 5.60, bittles 5.20 and harp 6.00

Bittles the best by far. Harp the worst by far.
Anywhere charging over a fiver for a pint could go bust tomorrow and get zero sympathy from me. Crazy money but judging by how booming Belfast has been the last few nights i've been in it people dont mind

general_lee

Quote from: An Watcher on December 29, 2022, 01:00:27 AM
There's a lot to be said for the 3Cs!
Would avoid Muriel's & Spaniard (begrudgingly). Muriel's has gone downhill by all accounts. Same crowd that have ruined the Chester on Antrim Rd. I always liked the Spaniard but I now avoid out of principle.
Also avoid all the Beannchor bars (Ulster Sports Club, Dirty Onion, The National, Merchant/Cloth Ear/Bert's) unless overpriced shite surrounded by w@nkers is your vibe. Both JK & Beannchor have been known to treat staff like shit.
Thirsty Goat is a hit or miss. Drinking in a beer garden is grand for the summer but for the other 363 days it's grim. Awful for food.
Bootleggers is a no - hipster shite. Grannie Annie's actually not bad and would appeal to the culchie clientele.
Tipsy Bird is good if you want somewhere intimate for cocktails, only good when it's dead though (unless you like waiting ages for a drink).Love & Death is a bit livelier but good cocktails, younger crowd so be warned. The Perch - shite, I imagine Rita's isn't much better.
Harp Bar is what it is, Duke of York same, two decent  spots.
Jailhouse & Henry's are good (partly owned by Devenish crowd), Northern Whig a good stopping point for food & cocktails, White's Tavern (also part owned by Devenish crowd) has had big money pumped into it and have heard good reports.
Revolucion de Cuba is a big no, it's the McDonald's equivalent of a bar, it's a shame Cafe Vaudeville was replaced with that crap.
McHugh's is so-so, never hear much about it these days.
What I will say about Belfast, there is not one establishment in the city worth queuing up for, and there's a huge selection of bars to cater for most tastes.

Milltown Row2

I'm not particularly fussed on who owns the pubs to be fair, we'd end up avoiding most places with that approach, if you want a cheap pint go to your local social club or GAA club. If you want a night out with some atmosphere then you'll spend more than you should in any city pub.

Franko

Colin has the begging bowl out again  ::)

Short story
We had a great Christmas, back to pre covid levels of footfall
But we've had increased costs with energy etc
Totally neglected to mention the fact that they've also hiked the prices to account for these increased costs
So therefore we need a taxpayer/ratepayer handout cos we're worried about the next few months

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-64161559

He must have some mates in BBC NI that get free stays in the Merchant, cos there's no other industry lobbyist that gets anywhere close to the airtime this tool gets

From the Bunker

Paid €9.40 for a Shot of Captain Morgan and 200ml of Coke in the west of Ireland at a Wedding!

Seemed like a lot?

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: general_lee on December 29, 2022, 11:19:11 AM
Quote from: An Watcher on December 29, 2022, 01:00:27 AM
There's a lot to be said for the 3Cs!
Would avoid Muriel's & Spaniard (begrudgingly). Muriel's has gone downhill by all accounts. Same crowd that have ruined the Chester on Antrim Rd. I always liked the Spaniard but I now avoid out of principle.
Also avoid all the Beannchor bars (Ulster Sports Club, Dirty Onion, The National, Merchant/Cloth Ear/Bert's) unless overpriced shite surrounded by w@nkers is your vibe. Both JK & Beannchor have been known to treat staff like shit.
Thirsty Goat is a hit or miss. Drinking in a beer garden is grand for the summer but for the other 363 days it's grim. Awful for food.
Bootleggers is a no - hipster shite. Grannie Annie's actually not bad and would appeal to the culchie clientele.
Tipsy Bird is good if you want somewhere intimate for cocktails, only good when it's dead though (unless you like waiting ages for a drink).Love & Death is a bit livelier but good cocktails, younger crowd so be warned. The Perch - shite, I imagine Rita's isn't much better.
Harp Bar is what it is, Duke of York same, two decent  spots.
Jailhouse & Henry's are good (partly owned by Devenish crowd), Northern Whig a good stopping point for food & cocktails, White's Tavern (also part owned by Devenish crowd) has had big money pumped into it and have heard good reports.
Revolucion de Cuba is a big no, it's the McDonald's equivalent of a bar, it's a shame Cafe Vaudeville was replaced with that crap.
McHugh's is so-so, never hear much about it these days.
What I will say about Belfast, there is not one establishment in the city worth queuing up for, and there's a huge selection of bars to cater for most tastes.
The Deers Head was a new one for me over Christmas, enjoyed it to be honest  and will be back again

red hander

Quote from: Franko on January 04, 2023, 05:16:15 PM
Colin has the begging bowl out again  ::)

Short story
We had a great Christmas, back to pre covid levels of footfall
But we've had increased costs with energy etc
Totally neglected to mention the fact that they've also hiked the prices to account for these increased costs
So therefore we need a taxpayer/ratepayer handout cos we're worried about the next few months

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-64161559

He must have some mates in BBC NI that get free stays in the Merchant, cos there's no other industry lobbyist that gets anywhere close to the airtime this tool gets

He'd sicken your shite, that whining ballix. Michael Deane is another one.