?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: clubman21 on February 07, 2022, 11:51:24 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 07, 2022, 11:50:35 AM
Quote from: lenny on February 07, 2022, 11:20:16 AM
Quote from: oakleaflad on February 07, 2022, 10:58:19 AM
Congratulations to Steelstown. Massive achievement for the club.

Well done to Steelstown. Great for GAA in the city. Wonder if many will be on the Derry panel after that. I'd say they should do well at senior football and at the least be able to hold their own.

Probably Ben and Donncha. Cant see anyone else at the minute
Mcmonagle seems a hell of a talent

Yeah undoubted, updated my post there

clubman21

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 07, 2022, 11:53:14 AM

Well done to Steelstown. Great for GAA in the city. Wonder if many will be on the Derry panel after that. I'd say they should do well at senior football and at the least be able to hold their own.

He play any soccer, shows it in his play if he does, joy to watch

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: clubman21 on February 07, 2022, 11:57:11 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 07, 2022, 11:53:14 AM

He play any soccer, shows it in his play if he does, joy to watch

Yeah some of the steelstown boys might know better. But I think there was a few years there he didn't play any gaelic at all just soccer. Great hurler too. Just natural all rounder. His mammy would be Crossan Craigbane.

oakleaflad

He's still fairly young too. It'd do no harm to put him on a S&C program with the county team similar to a few from the minor team if he was interested.

HiMucker

I can tell you he is definitely interested in playing county. He said last year that was his goal. He could easily still play pro or semi pro ground ball, but once he wasn't making it at the big time after a few trials he went back to the football. A great footballer and can only get better.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: HiMucker on February 07, 2022, 02:26:37 PM
I can tell you he is definitely interested in playing county. He said last year that was his goal. He could easily still play pro or semi pro ground ball, but once he wasn't making it at the big time after a few trials he went back to the football. A great footballer and can only get better.

Thats great to hear, all the very best to him, will tie boys in knots

North Man

Cahair is the one player in Stown that i think should be looked at and given a s&c programme and who knows what he could develop into in relation to county football in the next year or 2.
He has that extra bit of quality and flair and we are not bleesed with quality inside forwards.
Nephew of Fergal Crossan

shawshank

Congratulations to Steelstown. Brilliant achievement and class to see a city club prosper.

On a another note surely the club has S&C of its won in this day and age?

oakleaflad

Quote from: shawshank on February 07, 2022, 03:32:40 PM
Congratulations to Steelstown. Brilliant achievement and class to see a city club prosper.

On a another note surely the club has S&C of its won in this day and age?
Every club in the county likely does at this stage but you can noticeably see the difference in the county players. Part of that is likely down to their natural athleticism and dedication but I don't see why you wouldn't have a young skillful forward like that in around the setup to see if they can become something at county level.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

If we can't accommodate small skillful players probably explains a lot about why in many cases the game has gone stale

shawshank

In your opinion, never mind Bradley & Dara Canavan contributions for Tyrone.   ::)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: shawshank on February 08, 2022, 09:38:26 AM
In your opinion, never mind Bradley & Dara Canavan contributions for Tyrone.   ::)

im agreeing with you

JGDoire

Can we beat Cork?  Would give a great boost to the team for the Galway, Roscommon and Clare games, never mind Meath away either :-)

restorepride

Quote from: JGDoire on February 09, 2022, 12:26:03 PM
Can we beat Cork?  Would give a great boost to the team for the Galway, Roscommon and Clare games, never mind Meath away either :-)
Yes! Cork very beatable in February, different proposition in summer! 3 from 3 in Division 2 would be some start - and achievable. Games will get tougher after that, as you would expect.

Wildweasel74

Cork on the slide, this summer not make a difference.