Commemorating a significant anniversary

Started by T Fearon, July 25, 2016, 07:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

This Board and its various incarnations will soon be 20 years old.My first encounter was on 18/3/1997 the day after Crossmaglen's first All Ireland win.In fact it was the day I lost my internet virginity! First time I ever actively discovered the World Wide Web!

As far as I know Hardy is the only other original member still around,though I stand to be corrected.

Surely this momentous anniversary must not be allowed to pass without ceremony?

Gabriel_Hurl

theticklemister

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 25, 2016, 07:30:29 PM
....... "internet" virginity .......

You have made up for losing your virginity by riding the internet ever since

T Fearon

It's not about me! It's about the Board becoming 20 years of age!

bennydorano

Think I discovered this board in 2001 or 2002.

I've been a long time lurker and joined around the same time as "Pints of Guinness". Remember there used to be a chatroom on one of the old boards.
O'Neills Therapist

laoislad

Ziggy was here before anyone. He is the creator.
High King Mod 1.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on July 25, 2016, 10:38:46 PM
I came across the board in 2002.
Dirty fcuker. Was it the mucksavages thread that set you off?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

T Fearon

For long enough I was the only Northern representative.I remember Jimbo (from Dublin,and an ex AI minor winner) who I used to drive up the walls,Vicky (an American lady who was instrumental in reviving the Board at a time round the late 90s when it might have disappeared completely),a few Mayo lads (Ruaile Buaile),Meath Avenger,Deiseach and Bud Wiser came along pretty early too.

They used to have "gatherings" where many posters would meet up for a night's craic in Dublin (or communal Blind Dates as I used to call them!).

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

I thought I joined in 2002 but looking at this  - http://web.archive.org/web/20011004010645/www.gaaboard.com/board/index.html - I was on it in Sept 2001. So maybe 2000 then.  Not sure atall.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

Doesn't time fly? It was impossible to imagine in 1997 that the cats would win 10 all Irelands in short order.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

So was Bummer Malachi Cush? Did Bummer become Fintona or Gaffer?