Doire v An Dun June 7th in Celtic Park (21 years on from the El Classico.)

Started by rosskarr, May 05, 2015, 10:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

How can a man look to get a player sent off by dropping to his hunkers??

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Walter Cronc

general_lee

Quote from: screenexile on June 09, 2015, 04:59:17 PM
As I said in the Derry thread I don't think it was a red card but your man caught him with the butt of the hand and from what I'm told drew blood.

It's not as if he went down like a sack of spuds rolling around or did a Cavanagh swan dive but he was struck and blood was drawn so I think he's perfectly entitled to get treatment.
You're as bad as that Tyrone lot! If I walked up to Enda Lynn today  in the streetand done the exact same thing he'd prob look at me funny and ask wtf am I at. Even if he did catch him hard enough to draw blood, which he didn't, that hardly necessitates hitting the deck.

Not having a go at Derry btw, if the shoe was on the other foot I'm sure plenty of fellas on the Down team would have no hesitistion in doing the same. Not like me to speak up for someone from burren either lol.

ardtole

The physio spent a couple of mins checking him for concussion etc. I think its something that needs looked at, the rugby have a better system whereby if a man is injured the medics can come on to the field while play continues. Might not have worked in this scenario but could in others. If a down player gets away with something similar in the next game I would have no problem with him getting a suspension after video review

SHEEDY

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 09, 2015, 05:24:00 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 09, 2015, 05:21:46 PM
By feigning injury or at the very least exaggerating it. 

Nonsense. Are u from Down?
which part of that statement is nonsense walter? im from down i have no problem in calling it as it is. it was blatant cheating, he feigned injury to try to get a player either booked or sent off.
nil satis nisi optimum

Mac hinery

Quote from: SHEEDY on June 09, 2015, 06:44:26 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 09, 2015, 05:24:00 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 09, 2015, 05:21:46 PM
By feigning injury or at the very least exaggerating it. 

Nonsense. Are u from Down?
which part of that statement is nonsense walter? im from down i have no problem in calling it as it is. it was blatant cheating, he feigned injury to try to get a player either booked or sent off.

http://m.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2015/0607/706541-video-down-red-card-against-derry/#media

Check the video from 11 to 14 seconds and spot the thumb fishooking Enda Lynn's mouth.  It may not have been a red card offence but certainly not cheating or feigning / exaggerating an injury.   

trueblue1234

Main Street

Quote from: ardtole on June 09, 2015, 03:45:04 PM
I watched the game again last night and without trying to sound like sour grapes, I think Enda Lynn should get 6 months for play acting. Watching the physio checking him for concussion etc would make you sick. If a Down player done the same id have no bother him getting 6 months either. Its the one thing that really puts me off Gaelic football at present. Its no longer creeping into the game,its part and parcel of it unfortunately and needs  stamped out. In my opinion 10 times worse than Cavanagh pulling down McManus and that got some attention.
I'd have no problem having the Derry physio checking me out, I would milk that attention for all it was worth.

ardtole

I checked your clip mac hinery and to me it was blatant play acting, I was going to say you would see worse in the playground, you would see worse in the creche. The referee has to take responsibilty too, he is in charge of his team, including selecting his umpires and on evidence of Sunday, they are inadequate. If the umpire deems McGoverns action a red card offence then he is not up to the required standard. To send a man off for a straight red for striking you have to be 100% certain, he made an error, that possibly cost Down the game.

5 Sams

Quote from: Main Street on June 09, 2015, 10:44:25 PM
Quote from: ardtole on June 09, 2015, 03:45:04 PM
I watched the game again last night and without trying to sound like sour grapes, I think Enda Lynn should get 6 months for play acting. Watching the physio checking him for concussion etc would make you sick. If a Down player done the same id have no bother him getting 6 months either. Its the one thing that really puts me off Gaelic football at present. Its no longer creeping into the game,its part and parcel of it unfortunately and needs  stamped out. In my opinion 10 times worse than Cavanagh pulling down McManus and that got some attention.
I'd have no problem having the Derry physio checking me out, I would milk that attention for all it was worth.
Nothing compared to the Down minor physio.  8) Any wonder our lads couldn't concentrate.
The Aristocrat Years

Wildweasel74

For all who crying about the man been sent off (which he shouldn't) plus a bit of -playacting on the Derry mans parts which i detest,  i don't seem the same lads crying about the down player who nearly took the Derry players head off, that one was a red card all day long!

trueblue1234

A bad tackle is a bad tackle. Definitely Could have been red. Diving is a different animal tho.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 10, 2015, 07:57:39 AM
A bad tackle is a bad tackle. Definitely Could have been red. Diving is a different animal tho.

When did he dive? He dropped to his hunkers.

Mikasa

It definitely wasn't a red but I don't think Lynn was trying to get him sent off.

Is there a video of the incident to watch again?