Holes in roof felt??

Started by StGallsGAA, January 13, 2012, 10:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Weird one.

Was up in the attic and noticed puncture holes in roof felt!  As if they'd been punched from the outside like a chisel or sharp stick poke through or something but there's no tiles dislodged?   Def not rats of whatever as not eaten through.

Any ideas apart from Freddie Kruger?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: StGallsGAA on January 13, 2012, 10:46:07 PM
Weird one.

Was up in the attic and noticed puncture holes in roof felt!  As if they'd been punched from the outside like a chisel or sharp stick poke through or something but there's no tiles dislodged?   Def not rats of whatever as not eaten through.

Starlings can sometimes get under the tiles and easily make holes like this. I had them in my attic, but you usually hear them, they are noisy as hell. Last winter they were breaking in a lot to get out of the cold.

NP 76

Could of been damaged when the roof was being tiled and were not patched at the time . They wont take much hurt

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 13, 2012, 10:52:02 PM
Weird one.

Starlings can sometimes get under the tiles and easily make holes like this. I had them in my attic, but you usually hear them, they are noisy as hell. Last winter they were breaking in a lot to get out of the cold.
The missus found a recently dead starling in the fireplace this evening! We have chimney guards on so the hoor must have gone some to get down the chimbley.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 13, 2012, 10:58:40 PM
Weird one.

The missus found a recently dead starling in the fireplace this evening! We have chimney guards on so the hoor must have gone some to get down the chimbley.

They are the foxes of the bird world

Mac hinery

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 13, 2012, 11:10:43 PM
Weird one.

They are the skinheads/hoodies of the birdworld

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Mac hinery on January 13, 2012, 11:41:23 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 13, 2012, 11:10:43 PM
Weird one.

They are the skinheads/hoodies of the birdworld

That too! Put you off birds for life-feathered birds that is