Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 11147286 times)

lynchbhoy

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2006, 11:13:47 AM »
Apologies, I forgot
Congrats to Ballinderry - delighted that they won through .
A hard defeat to take for Mayobridge ( a nice crew and good team).

How did the other Derry sides get on ?

Billy Magoo

• View Profile
    • Slaughtneil GAC
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2006, 01:05:27 PM »
Well done to the Shamrocks yesterday, it was an awlful game that was very hard to watch.  Mayobridge were very poor and just collapsed after the full back was rightly sent off.  Ballinderry are looking good for Ulster now, although E. Ciaran would be expected to give them a more difficult game the next day.

Coleraine won 2-8 to 1-9, Drum got stuffed.

amallon

• Mayorbridge GAC - Down Senior Champions 2007
    • View Profile
    • Mayobridge GAC
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2006, 04:06:02 PM »
Daisy it was a long run home yesterday! 

Mayobridge aren't as bad as the performance yesterday suggested, Ballinderry people I spoke with yesterday acknowledged this.  I'd like to wish them all the best they will take some stoppping they are a class team.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

thegael

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2006, 04:08:37 PM »
down football is at its lowest ebb for decades.

yesterday's result confirms this.our representatives not scoring from play and only scoring a pt free.

the facts speak so ballinderry don't get too carried away.they were a very weak side probably better suited to the ulster intermediate competition.

Derry Daisy

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2006, 04:24:05 PM »
Thegael go away - Seriously your embarrassing yourself  :-[

SlimShady

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2006, 04:25:39 PM »
go on Daisy, skelp him wan.   :)

Derry Daisy

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2006, 04:33:10 PM »
Maybe your goalie could show me, I hear he's good at it  :P

The poor manager  ;)

Mac hinery

• Vintage Mac Hinery
    • View Profile
County Hurling management FAO Ballynure Grousebeater
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2006, 06:04:42 PM »
If your not lost beating around the cyber bush somewhere Ballynure Grouse beater you might be interested to know the new County hurling management team is Gabriel O'Kane, Brian McGilligan and Sean (Roe) McCloskey.  I think you might have played alongside Gabriel O'Kane at St Pats.  He has been doing a lot of work with the underage teams in Ballinascreen and some of the county development squads.

OakLeaf

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2006, 06:10:56 PM »
U21 Championship: Ballinderry v Slaughtneil is off tonight. Ballinderry had to withdraw due to their match at the weekend.

youbetterbelieveit

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2006, 07:17:56 PM »
what are the chances of the Derry Hurlers this year? Will there be a big effort in the Christy Ring? Is there many Duals palyers or is young Hinphey the only one?

Mac hinery

• Vintage Mac Hinery
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2006, 08:54:59 PM »
A new management team will probably bring in some new faces.  I would hope that a big effort is made in the Christy Ring although they were not entirely convincing winning the Nicky Rackard.  Bar the Biggs brothers and 'Tipp' O Dwyer the current squad is relatively young and there are some fine minor hurlers that should be coming through in the next few years so I'd be happy with the outlook for the next few years.  Off course the duality of players is where things might go arse up again because quite  few of the good young hurlers are also handy at footabll.  The othercurrent dual players would be Barry McGoldrick Eoghan Rua Coleraine and Ruairi Convery Swatragh.

Derry Daisy

• View Profile
u21 Championship
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2006, 10:00:03 AM »
Ballinderry have pulled out of the u21 championship (most likely because of their seniors competing in Ulster) putting us in the final with swatragh.  Can't wait it will be a cracker, 2 teams that hate each other playing in a local derby C'ship final.  Mouth watering stuff  ;D

Hope the result it similar to the senior game eariler in the year.

Springfield

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2006, 10:27:28 AM »
How come Swatragh are so poor are senior level yet there U21s are fit to beat Bellaghy and Loup on the way to an U21 final.Do the swa have much talent coming through. See the derry v st marys friendly is off tonight

Billy Magoo

• View Profile
    • Slaughtneil GAC
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2006, 10:40:42 AM »
Ballinderry have pulled out of the u21 championship (most likely because of their seniors competing in Ulster) putting us in the final with swatragh.

Not quite Daisy, Ballinderry said they were not fielding last night, so we should have been awarded the game, instead the S.Derry board have chosen to refix the game on 21st November.  Its probably better to play the game but its sad that Ballinderry are allowed to dictate as to when matchs can/cannot be fixed.

Derry Daisy

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2006, 10:47:43 AM »
Seriously billy, just heard from a few different people that they had withdrew.  Thats deadly but as you say it would be better to beat them than just be awarded the game.  Typical though, the rest of us would just be threw out.