Derry Hurling

Started by Fear Bun Na Sceilpe, September 18, 2010, 09:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Great to see Derry have a team entered in Ulster Intermediate club hurling championship. Does anyone know who it is. In reality Derry club hurling standard has dropped slightly. I having been thinking for a while that the 2 beaten semi finalists in the senior should play off to qualify for intermediate.  Great to have 3 teams represent Derry this year.   

Aerlik

Best wishes to Lavey on Sunday.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

lynchbhoy

Best of luck to Kevin Lynch's this weekend against the old hurling enemy Lavey.
Hope it is a good sporting hard game and that we win !!

Pity I cant get up to it this weekend, though I wouldnt have as far to travel as Aerlik !!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Should be a good game with Lynches just to shade it. On another note does anyone why Eoghan Rua are not in Ulster Intermediate anymore. They were on fixture list last week. Is this another kick in the stones for Derry hurling

robertemmet

lynchbhoy

Jeez Robertemmett - you must live next door to Karl McKaigue !!

I want K's to win it, but think that it might be a game too early for them as they have yet to hit form and have a few injury problems.

Frees scores will prob be the deciding factor.

Aerlik

Jaysus Lynchboy you've only a hundred or so miles to travel. I have awheen more. Get your arse up to Derry. Or are you expecting a loss ;-p

Now where did I put those county medals of mine? :-)
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Aerlik on October 01, 2011, 03:28:50 AM
Jaysus Lynchboy you've only a hundred or so miles to travel. I have awheen more. Get your arse up to Derry. Or are you expecting a loss ;-p
Now where did I put those county medals of mine? :-)
150 miles Aerlik !
tell you the truth, was holding out hoping for a win so I could take the next match and Craigbane's tilt at the intermediate final both in next weekend !
From the other thread , sounds like Lavey were the better side- as I feared they might be- but that game should hopefully bring the Lynch's on and closer to where they should be !

doodaa

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 30, 2011, 02:05:59 PM
Should be a good game with Lynches just to shade it. On another note does anyone why Eoghan Rua are not in Ulster Intermediate anymore. They were on fixture list last week. Is this another kick in the stones for Derry hurling

You sure it wasnt Eoghan Ruadh Dungannon rather than Eoghan Rua Coleraine.

Didnt think we were in the intermediate Ulster, just not at that level anymore. We can't even win an intermediate Derry championship, what good would we be in ulster lol.

We now share representation of Derry in the Junior Ulster along with Na Magha, taken year about. Na Magha's turn this year and doing very well by the sounds of it.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: doodaa on October 08, 2011, 12:33:46 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 30, 2011, 02:05:59 PM

You sure it wasnt Eoghan Ruadh Dungannon rather than Eoghan Rua Coleraine.

Didnt think we were in the intermediate Ulster, just not at that level anymore. We can't even win an intermediate Derry championship, what good would we be in ulster lol.

Deffo Coleraine dooda. They entered and withdrew. I think you would be good enough if all the footballers played, but first division football is very demanding so Id say that may have been the reason you withdrew. I think you will be back in junior next year

We now share representation of Derry in the Junior Ulster along with Na Magha, taken year about. Na Magha's turn this year and doing very well by the sounds of it.