Ricey Retires

Started by Nally Stand, October 30, 2012, 10:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

http://www.teamtalkmag.com/archives/19917

Teamtalkmag.com has tonight learned that Dromore man Ryan Mc Menamin has indicated to Mickey Harte that he will not be making himself available for the 2013 season.  Mc Menamin won an Ulster Championship medal with Tyrone in 2001 and went on to win another four titles in '03, '07, '09 and 2010.  He was also on the field of play for the three All Ireland Senior Championships in '03, '05 and '08.  While many would have known that this day wasn't far away his decision to retire leaves Tyrone with a huge gap to fill in terms of experience and know how.  A fearless leader for the Red Hands for well over a decade and one of the men that never took a step back when Tyrone needed to go to war to win games. We wish him well in his retirement from county football and thank him for his contribution to the most successful era Tyrone football has ever enjoyed.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ONeill

I'm sure there'll be some nice comments on here regarding Ricey.

He was some operator during the golden years.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

DuffleKing

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 30, 2012, 10:40:31 PM

Teamtalkmag.com has tonight learned that Dromore man Ryan Mc Menamin has indicated to Mickey Harte that he will not be making himself available for the 2013 season.  Mc Menamin won an Ulster Championship medal with Tyrone in 2001 and went on to win another four titles in '03, '07, '09 and 2010.  He was also on the field of play for the three All Ireland Senior Championships in '03, '05 and '08.  While many would have known that this day wasn't far away his decision to retire leaves Tyrone with a huge gap to fill in terms of experience and know how. A fearless leader for the Red Hands for well over a decade and one of the men that never took a step back when Tyrone needed to go to war to win games. We wish him well in his retirement from county football and thank him for his contribution to the most successful era Tyrone football has ever enjoyed.

Good footballer. The bit in bold is laughable

All of a Sludden

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 30, 2012, 10:53:06 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on October 30, 2012, 10:40:31 PM

Teamtalkmag.com has tonight learned that Dromore man Ryan Mc Menamin has indicated to Mickey Harte that he will not be making himself available for the 2013 season.  Mc Menamin won an Ulster Championship medal with Tyrone in 2001 and went on to win another four titles in '03, '07, '09 and 2010.  He was also on the field of play for the three All Ireland Senior Championships in '03, '05 and '08.  While many would have known that this day wasn't far away his decision to retire leaves Tyrone with a huge gap to fill in terms of experience and know how. A fearless leader for the Red Hands for well over a decade and one of the men that never took a step back when Tyrone needed to go to war to win games. We wish him well in his retirement from county football and thank him for his contribution to the most successful era Tyrone football has ever enjoyed.

Good footballer. The bit in bold is laughable

The bit in bold is spot on. He gave his all for Tyrone and has 3 All Irelands to show for it. He would have got his place on any team in Ireland.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

fitzroyalty

yellowcard

One of the nastiest snidiest and false players to grace the game in the last decade. There is no doubt he maximised his ability. For a player who wasn't that naturally gifted he made up for it with tenacity, will to win and relentless running. Let himself down on too many occasions to ever be liked outside of Tyrone. One of those characters who never liked to be liked.

NaomhBridAbĂș

in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

ONeill

Did he ever score a goal for the county? Was trying to remember. He probably did but don't recall it.

His point v Armagh in the semi-final in '05 is my most vivid recollection outside of Galvin's balls.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Boy Wonder

The best of luck to him - one of the key players in Tyrone's golden years. He was a villian at times but who wouldn't want a player with his indomitable attitude in their team ?

Walter Cronc

Did he never play underage for Tyrone or is that a myth?? Class act but as a Derryman I obviously hate him :)

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 31, 2012, 12:52:51 AM
Did he never play underage for Tyrone or is that a myth?? Class act but as a Derryman I obviously hate him :)

Think that's right. Never featured at underage.

He's actually Canadian as well!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

theticklemister

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 31, 2012, 01:00:10 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 31, 2012, 12:52:51 AM

Think that's right. Never featured at underage.

He's actually Canadian as well!

I was calling him a tyrone p***k for years, so it should really be he is a Canadian p***k!

here comes 6

cadence

Club Rossa

He wouldn't have many friends outside of Dromore and while playing against Ardboe in club games i've called him every name under the sun but he's just the kind of player I would have loved on my own team.