12-15pm

Saturday 29th June
Antrim/Monaghan v Fermanagh/Cavan/Armagh
5-15pm

Sunday 21st July
Final:
2-00pm

AQMP

Why is the Antrim/Monaghan game at the Athletic Grounds??

omagh_gael

Quote from: AQMP on May 14, 2013, 09:25:36 AM
Why is the Antrim/Monaghan game at the Athletic Grounds??

Would it be due to the match having to be played early, considering no minor games are played in June due to exams? Perhaps Casement is being used that evening?

elk

Imagine Derry will be hard to beat now the St. Pats lads will have joined the squad and Monaghan will have to be respected after winning the Ulster League.

Wildweasel74

probably tyrone to lose again saying they have the biggest pick of players and best record at this level, Derry i think have picked up only 2 ulster titles in 18yrs and given their strength at college and club this shouldnt be the case. Even if they had the strongest team this yr, it would not suprise me if they got beat. tyrone got a built in nature to win games (they expect to win ulster and all-ireland titles at minor. This mindset is not present as much in any other ulster teams

gaapundit1

Anyone have any idea what the two minor teams on Sunday are like? I see Cavan beat Armagh by a point in the league whether we can look too much into that. I assume Armagh will have a good few St. Pauls boys

Itchy

Dougal Maguire

Some shocking decisions yesterday. I think the free count was something like 34 to 14 in favour of Cavan. Ref even played over the time to allow C,avan to get winning point from a push in the back of the Armagh defender. Mr Molloy if you rea,d this Board I hope you're proud of yourself
Careful now

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 20, 2013, 06:15:54 PM
Some shocking decisions yesterday. I think the free count was something like 34 to 14 in favour of Cavan. Ref even played over the time to allow C,avan to get winning point from a push in the back of the Armagh defender. Mr Molloy if you rea,d this Board I hope you're proud of yourself

Agree - Armaghs goal shouldn't have stood, ref had blown the whistle for a free in. Thankfully the ref played by the rules in the senior game ;)

Dougal Maguire

Nice one. I had a son playing yesterday. His county minor career is now over thanks to the antics of Mr Molloy. He's gutted, we all are but your humorous response will help us all through our disappointment
Careful now

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 20, 2013, 09:37:50 PM
Nice one. I had a son playing yesterday. His county minor career is now over thanks to the antics of Mr Molloy. He's gutted, we all are but your humorous response will help us all through our disappointment

I'm sorry to hear that Dougal but at the end of the day he lost a game, no one died. He will win and lose many others and he may be on the side that wins due to a bad decision one day. That is football.

The ref is also an amateur and I'm sure he didn't go out with the intention of letting Cavan win.

Dougal Maguire

Yeah your probably right and thanks for what you said there but its sad that in his 2 years as a county minor all he has to show is 2 hours of championship football
Careful now

tommysmith

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 20, 2013, 09:57:52 PM
Yeah your probably right and thanks for what you said there but its sad that in his 2 years as a county minor all he has to show is 2 hours of championship football

He should be happy enough to have made 2 county minor panels there would be lots of lads would give anything for it.

Westside

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 20, 2013, 09:57:52 PM

You should tell your son that Armagh's goal shouldn't have stood because the whistle was blown beforehand, that Cavan showed the greater hunger in the final minutes and deserved their win, and then you, like the rest of the Armagh supporters yesterday, should quit whinging about referees and take your beatings. 

Dougal Maguire

Careful now