UMFC Final - Tyrone v Monaghan

Started by ONeill, July 15, 2008, 12:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

There's a big lad from the Scotstown club, Kieran Hughes ( I think ) who is also one of Monaghan's big players - against Fermanagh he came on and won the game virtually on his own. He'll take a bit of watching  - I think he plays 11 for them.

FarneyMan

Correct Ciaran Hughes plays at number 11 and came on at half-time in the fermanagh match and changed the game, also dictated a lot of the game against Derry with some wonderful scores ! He is from the scotstown club and his brother, Darren Hughes, will be standing in for the suspended Gary McQuaid the day before for the seniors.

Araon McCarey, full forward, also Scotstown, i think i've read is supposed to be heading over to England for trials as a Goalkeeper, not sure with which club !
Also our midfielder im the semi, Mark Connolly, Clones, has already signed a contract for Wolves, he played Centre-Back for Ireland in Turkey in the European Under17 championships earlier this year, will be a big loss to Monaghan Gaa............I have heard word that he played in the semi unknown to Wolves and will not be available for the final...............anyone hear this !?

donelli

Ciaran Hughes is a very good footballer. He was injured with a broken hand before the fermanagh game. He only got the cast off, days before the Fermangh game. That is why he did not start the game. When he came on at half time, he changed the game. I first seen him play for St. Macartans in the mcrory. Even though Dungannon (i think it was - some tyrone team anywway) beat macartans that day, hughes stood out as the best player on the pitch.

The full forward mcarey is a soccer goalkeeper. i think he is on the ireland u-17 squad. The lad is good and is still U-16.

barney2

What happened Mc Nabb? He would be a big miss for Tyrone...I fancy Monaghan for this one. Think it could be their time. Can't remember the last time they won an Ulster minor final??

Zapatista

Quote from: barney2 on July 16, 2008, 10:16:17 AM
What happened Mc Nabb? He would be a big miss for Tyrone...I fancy Monaghan for this one. Think it could be their time. Can't remember the last time they won an Ulster minor final??

Quote from: donelli on July 15, 2008, 01:54:43 PM
Monaghan havn't won an ulster final since 1945  :o

Mc Nabb has been injured. Hasn't featured in the Championship yet.

KIDDO 4

1945, for their last minor championship title,  3 titles won ,against 20 by Tyrone.

tyrone86

1 Tim Harney
2 Finbar McQuaid
3 Gavin Teague
4 Ryan Pickering
5 Stephen McRory
6 Peter Harte
7 Ronan Tierney
8 Kyle Coney
9 Niall McKenna
10 Ciaran Girvan
11 Diarmuid McNulty
12 Matthew Donnelly
13 Sean Warnock
14 Patrick McNiece
15 Conor O'Neill

16 Ronan McAnenly
17 Ruari Keenan
18 Kevin Mossey
19 Brian McGarvey
20 Martin Rodgers
21 Sean Murphy
22 Michael Slane
23 Ryan McKenna
24 Brian Kelly

tyrone86

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 16, 2008, 12:03:03 AM
I hear McNabb is likely to be togged out and Pickering is a major doubt for Tyrone.

I'd have to agree with TYP and Noel McGinn, there have definitely some strange team selections to date, but surely the management have learned enough between club championship and the previous minor matches to be pretty close to their strongest team.

Looks like I was wrong on both counts. However, if Tyrone line out like as per that selection I'll eat my hat as well as Noel McGinn's and TYP's

Off The Fence

Quote from: FarneyMan on July 16, 2008, 09:35:32 AM
Also our midfielder im the semi, Mark Connolly, Clones, has already signed a contract for Wolves, he played Centre-Back for Ireland in Turkey in the European Under17 championships earlier this year, will be a big loss to Monaghan Gaa............I have heard word that he played in the semi unknown to Wolves and will not be available for the final...............anyone hear this !?

Heard this.  A massive loss for Monaghan who will surely be up against it now, though anything can happen in Minor football. 

What way you think Tyrone will line up then Tyrone86?

tyrone86

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 17, 2008, 09:26:39 PM
It's such a nonsense to line out a team with players numbered in positions where they will not play.  It's not smart and it's not clever.  It's going to fool no one.

If Tyrone86 has got the right line out, it is just the height of nonsense.

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/county/football/news/story.jsp?newsid=654

The only change from an hour ago when I posted it is that the clubs are there now. The scary thing is, going on the managements form to date I wouldn't bet against it.

tyrone86

Quote from: Off The Fence on July 17, 2008, 09:36:34 PM
Quote from: FarneyMan on July 16, 2008, 09:35:32 AM

Heard this.  A massive loss for Monaghan who will surely be up against it now, though anything can happen in Minor football. 

What way you think Tyrone will line up then Tyrone86?

God knows. I know what way *I'd* line out with the named players, but I'd be more confident picking 6 numbers on Saturday night than guessing what way they'll line out on Sunday

fred the red

Quote from: D4S on July 15, 2008, 04:07:13 PM
2/7 Tyrone
3/1 Monaghan
8/1 Draw

Tyrone were hotly fancied like this in their first 2games  also and down and cavan both ran them very close....I'd say down probably deserved a draw, but that's where the bit of experience from the like of Niall McKenna (one of the many hogan cup winners on the panel) in midfield who had a stormer shone and they were able to see out the result.  Tyrone to win by 6, they'll step it up a notch for this tie!

Get on the draw at 8/1!!!

orangeman

Any word of the proper Tyrone team ?

Pickering has a broken hand and can't play.

thebandit

Connolly definately wont be starting :(

tieroan

Take yer points, you have a real issue with the management i see. Why?

If I am correct they won Ulster last year and were beating by the eventual All Ireland champions the year before that. Perhaps the hype of all the underage talent in Tyrone is only a myth!!!!!!!!